The Flying PenguinAfrikaans
|Address:||46 Freesia Rd
|Contact :||Lizette Preiss|
The Flying Penguin
The Flying Penguin offers B&B and self-catering accommodation in Simon's Town.
We offer a family-sized penthouse as well as two cozy suites for two. All our accommodation has panoramic views of False Bay from Hangklip to Muizenberg.
Each bedroom has an en-suite bathroom and shower, with the penthouse offering an additional victorian slipper bath. All rooms have a flat screen television and wifi internet.
We are just 5 minutes away from the centre of Simon's Town with all of its charming boutique stores, and only moments from the No 1 beach in the world: Boulder's Beach with its penguin colony.
We are also situated approximately six minutes stroll to Fisherman's Beach below us. Fisherman's Beach, with its warm water and gentle waves, is extremely popular with families and children. You can play in the waves, relax on the sand or on the granite boulders, or catch a glimpse of the penguins that sometimes wander further afield from Boulders Beach. We've even swum with otters at Fisherman’s Beach.
Simon's Town and False Bay are blessed with warmer water, as opposed to the Atlantic Seaboard, making for blissful swimming and playing in the waves.
Simon's Town is a maritime naval town and home to the African Penguin colony at Boulders Beach. Steeped in history and tradition, Simon's Town has many adventures and activities on offer from boat trips to kayaking, scuba diving, beaches, museums, golfing, fishing, tennis, hiking and more.
We are approximately 15 minutes’ drive to the Cape Point Nature Reserve, which falls within the southern section of Table Mountain National Park. The natural vegetation of the area, fynbos, comprises the smallest but richest of the world's six floral kingdoms.
We are a pet friendly (by strict prior arrangement) establishment. We can accommodate one or two pets in total at any one time and we do not accept pets during peak seasons. Please enquire before booking.
We are a non-smoking establishment.
- Panoramic sea views.
- 110 square metres.
- Main bedroom: King size bed with hospitality grade cotton linen.
- Second bedroom: Two single beds with hospitality grade cotton linen.
- Ensuite bathroom with victorian bath, shower, basin, toilet.
- Liquid soap in bathroom.
- Separate burglar alarm for the penthouse, separately operated from the rest of the establishment, connected to security company.
- Spectacular views across the bay from the lounge, the deck and the master bedroom.
- Beautiful mountain view from the second bedroom.
- Full size fridge/freezer.
- Double sink with view of the sea.
- Gas hob/electric oven.
- Kettle, toaster, coffee plunger.
- Cutlery / Crockery for up to 6 people.
- Flat screen TV.
- Lounge couches seating four (extra chairs available to seat another 2 if necessary).
- Six seater dining room table for breakfast.
- Ten metre long deck (2.25 metres wide) with panoramic views from Hangklip to Clovelly across False Bay.
- Wind protected seating in the southern half of the deck.
- Braai/barbecue facilities on the deck.
Penguin and Porcupine (Our two ground floor suites):
- Sea views.
- These suites are 30 square metres including the bathrooms.
- King size beds with hospitality grade cotton linen (Twin beds by advance request).
- Ensuite bathroom with shower, basin, toilet.
- Liquid soap in bathroom.
- Tea / coffee facilities.
- Simple cooking facilities: Sink, microwave, kettle, two plate stove, small fridge, toaster.
- A couch and table to eat at.
- Wind protected seating in a private fenced outdoor veranda with a superb sea view.
- A weber braai / barbecue on the veranda.
- Flat screen TV with DSTV Family Bouquet.
*** Please note that cell phone signal can be patchy/weak. However, there is a strong signal just up the road.
Local Facilities nearby (can be organised by ourselves - cost extra):
- World class swimming beaches
- Golf at Simon's Town Golf Course (Walking distance / 2 minutes away by car)
- Restaurant reservations and recommendations
- Horse riding
- Tandem paragliding
- Surfing lessons
- Boat hire - skippered tours of the south peninsula
- Large and small motorboat and yacht charters
- Scuba Diving
- Walks with a private guide
- Mountain/Cape Point
- Nature Reserve
- Payment Methods
- American Express
- Cash on arrival
- EFT / Bank Transfer
- Languages Spoken At Establishment
- Bed Configuration
- The B&B Room (Sleeps 2) x 1
- Room 1 - king
- The Penthouse (Sleeps 4) x 1
- Room 1 - king
- Room 2 - single, single
- The Suite (Sleeps 2) x 1
- Room 1 - king
- bar fridge
- beach (less than 500m)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- braai/barbeque (some units)
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- dishwasher (some units)
- DSTV in room - limited package
- fridge in unit
- golf (less than 5km)
- hair dryer
- heaters in unit
- horse riding (less than 50km)
- internet facilities
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- kitchenette (some units)
- linen & towels provided
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave (some units)
- microwave in unit
- pets allowed by prior arrangement
- private entrance
- private entrance - outside rooms
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- whale watching onsite
- wi-fi / hotspot
- Special Categories
Interesting Place Accommodation
detailsWhy is your establishment interesting?
Detail description : We are three minutes drive from Boulder's Beach and the Penguin Colony. We are about 15 minutes drive to Cape Point Nature Reserve.
Pet Friendly Accommodation
detailsThe following apply
Small dogs Big dogs Dogs have to be on lead whilst outside Kennels provided Kennels must be used Other animals on the property Horse stables – bedding provided Horse stables – bedding not provided Horse paddocks Grooms available Arena Parking area for horse box / float
The Flying Penguin appears in the following sections:
Simon's Town Self Catering Apartment, Flatlet Accommodation • Simon's Town Pet Friendly Accommodation • Simon's Town Interesting Place Accommodation • Simon's Town Self Catering Accommodation • Murdock Valley Self Catering Apartment, Flatlet Accommodation • Murdock Valley Pet Friendly Accommodation • Murdock Valley Interesting Place Accommodation • Murdock Valley Self Catering Accommodation