Olafs Guest House
Olaf's Guest House is a charming bed & breakfast accommodation with nine
individually decorated en-suite bedrooms. Ideally located in beautiful Sea
Point, Olaf's Guest House is only 10 minutes from Cape Town city centre,
including the trendy Long- and Kloof Street with its restaurants and cafes, the
V&A Waterfront, Camps Bay, and the famous Table Mountain.
It is our pleasure to provide guests a welcomed sanctuary from the bustling metropolis of Cape Town. When you stay with us, you'll find all the comforts of home and an attention to detail surpassed only by our personal service.
- Enjoy a sumptuous, full breakfast each day in our fine-dining area or sun-drenched patio.
- Relax and unwind poolside with a glass of champagne.
- Cozy up to our fireplace on the cooler days with a complimentary glass of sherry.
Located just outside our front door, you'll find fabulous shopping,
breathtaking beaches, pubs, coffee shops, and the Promenade, a popular spot to
walk along the water and take in the view.
You deserve a relaxing and stress-free holiday. Let Olaf's Guest House create a memorable experience for you.
It is our goal and pleasure to make your stay in Sea Point as relaxing and memorable as possible. From the moment you arrive, our staff will help you settle in to one of our nine individually decorated en-suite bedrooms and escort you through our stunning property.
Guests are encouraged to treat our bed & breakfast as their own home and take advantage of our pool, garden, and common areas. A full breakfast is served each morning in our dining area, or, if you prefer, you may eat outside on our patio. We have a wide selection of beverages for you to enjoy throughout the day, as well as an honour-system bar.
Each room includes Satellite Television DStv, Internet (Wi-Fi), direct telephone isdn, air conditioning or fans / heaters, as well as coffee / tea making facilities.
Check-in time is from 14h00 to 18h00. Check-out time is until 10h00. We make every effort to accommodate different arrival and departure times - all you need to do is send us a request.
Olaf's Guest House is located between Main and Beach Road in Sea Point, just below Cape Town's acclaimed Signal Hill, but only 10 minutes away from Cape Town city centre. For sports fans, Cape Town Stadium is only 5 minutes by car from our accommodation. Internet cafe, restaurants, beaches, and a variety of shops are found within easy walking distance.
We are also only a 30 to 45-minute drive from scenic routes, mountain trails, golf courses, and the world-renowned Cape Wine lands.
Both first-time and repeat guests look to our attentive staff to offer local tips and advice on what they should see and do in and around Cape Town. It is our pleasure to assist you in exploring Cape Town and its surrounding areas.
Whether you've always dreamed of visiting one of South Africa's wine estates or need directions to our most beautiful beaches, we are here to help you with everything from planning to arranging transportation.
Sea Point, a seaside suburb of Cape Town, sits along the Atlantic Ocean and provides guests at Olaf's the perfect opportunity to stroll along the beachfront Promenade and take in the ocean air. Cafés and shops are within walking distance, and our bed and breakfast is a 30 - 45-minute drive from almost all activities, scenic routes and mountain trails, golf courses, and the beautiful wine lands of Stellenbosch.
Cape Town is a great place to try out new things, such as kite boarding and shark diving, or to look at the world from a different perspective (touring Robben Island.)
Your host Raymond McGovern has lived in Cape Town since he was young, and he and his staff are happy to help guests book activities, tours, and day trips, and recommend the best shopping and dining Cape Town has to offer.
Must-do activities in and around Cape Town:
- Wine tasting at the numerous wine farms - a short drive from Cape Town.
- Enjoy sundowners in Camps Bay.
- Hike Table Mountain.
- Visit the Kirstenbosch Botanical gardens.
- Experience the thrill of shark diving.
- Explore the beauty of Cape Point.
- Visit the amazing Two Oceans Aquarium at the V&A Waterfront.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- FEDHASA(Federated Hospitality Association of Southern Africa)
- Guest House Accommodation of South Africa
- Member of Cape Town Tourism
- Member of TripAdvisor
- Portfolio Collection Member
- air conditioner (all units)
- aquarium (less than 5km)
- beach (less than 500m)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- car hire (less than 20km)
- DSTV in room
- electronic safe
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- live entertainment (less than 3km)
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave in unit
- outdoor pool
- parking off-site
- phone in room
- radio in room
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- sailing rentals (less than 5km)
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- water skiing (less than 10km)
- whale watching (less than 10km)
- wi-fi / hotspot
You will now have the Convention Centre on your left hand side. Go over the first traffic light.
Turn right at the next traffic lights. This is Helen Suzman Boulevard (M6) and there is also a sign saying Sea Point.
Stay on Helen Suzman Boulevard until you reach a traffic circle.
Enter the traffic circle and exit at the opposite side. You are now on Western Boulevard.
Stay on the Western Boulevard and it will become Beach Road.
Stay on Beach Road until you see the Winchester Mansions Hotel on your left hand side.
Turn left just after the Hotel. This is Hall Road. Turn left again into Wisbeach Road.
We are number 24 on your right hand side. The name Olaf's and the number 24 are both on our wall.