Koornhoop Manor House
Bed & Breakfast and Self Catering Accommodation in Cape Town City Bowl
We're an owner-run guest house in the suburb of Observatory, Cape Town - below the towering Devil's Peak as it runs down to the Liesbeek River. We offer 5 B&B double rooms and 2 self catering suites – all en suite together with a self contained 3 Bed self catering apartment – all part of Koornhoop Manor House.
Just out of the city centre, yet close to all the major highways, train station, UCT buses - Observatory is a cosmopolitan and vibey enclave, populated by academics, professionals, artists and students. The village centre hosts an eclectic range of shops, restaurants, pubs and music venues.
Koornhoop Manor House is just 2 minutes walk from Observatory Centre. We have 5 en-suite double and single rooms.
We offer a full-spread continental breakfast, secure parking, a beautiful big garden to relax in, and personalised service from your host, Trish and her team.
More about us...
We started Koornhoop Manor House as a guest house in 1989 - one of the first established in the country, and a founder member of the Guest House Association of South Africa.
Guest Book Quotes:
90% of our custom is from regular guests and referrals. Some recent customer comments:
- 10/20.Good afternoon Trish. It was a wonderful time and I wished i could have extended. Once again thank you for always being a super host. MM, South Africa
- 10/20. Thank you so much and thank you for your warm and helpful hospitality we really loved staying by you. Thank you for your well wishes to us much appreciated. Take care, you too look after yourself and all the best for your future. Stay safe and thank you so so very much. L&MW, South Africa
- 10/20. Thanks for the hospitality. Can't wait to be back. JC, South Africa
- 07/20. Great to be back again at Koornhoop. Thanks Trish & Paul for making me feel at home in these stressful times. HB, South Africa/Holland
- 04/20. Trish!! What an absolutely superb slice of Observatory for lock down - look forward to visiting soon! CH, South Africa.
- 03/20. Trish! I had an amazing cup of tea here before the lockdown started - thanks. PP, South Africa
- 03/20.Trish! We had an amazing time. A wonderful place we will always treasure. Until next time!! R,E &T, UK
- 03/20. I came for work (MSF) and it was a wonderful and comfortable stay. Trish is an amazing host and gives advice so you can make the best of your time in Cape Town. Thank you and warm regards. AR, India
- 02/20. Thank you for being the loveliest host! I loved my short stay! I do hope I get back to Cape Town and stay at (your) guesthouse. J (MSF), Lebanon
- 01/20. We want to express our innermost gratitude for the warm welcome and hospitality we witnessed here. Thank you very much Trish and your team. You made us (our team) feel at home – we enjoyed the clean environment and the breakfast too!. We hope to see you again soon.. H,J,S,V,A &S. Various Africa countries
- 01/20. Had an amazing stay. Thank you Trish. J, Mauritius
- 11/19. Danke fur die schone zeit in Deinem Haus. U & G, Germany
- 11/19. Was awesome to, once again, be in my home, away from home! CG, South Africa
- 10/19. Thank you, our stay was marvellous. WP, South Africa
- 10/19. Thank you Trish! Absolutely marvellous! SL, South Africa
- 10/19. I enjoyed my stay in Cape Town. The Koornhoop was a very charming place and I really appreciate the welcoming of Trish. Thank you. M, Belgium.
- 9/19. Thank you very much. We really had a good night. Thanks, we will be back! A&T. South Africa.
At your service...
Koornhoop Manor House is personally run by the owners, Trish and her team, and can assist with planning your stay. For Airport transfers and travel around Cape Town we recommend AB Charter Service (please contact us for their info) or Uber.
Breakfast is served to your table from a deluxe continental buffet consisting of juices, cereals, yoghurts and fresh fruits, jams, marmalades, pate, cheeses, cold meats, boiled eggs, different breads, tea and coffee. Bon Appetit!
Please Note: Wireless Internet / WIFI is available (own computer required).
All bedrooms are ensuite, with TV, DVD, tea and coffee facilities. The lounge has a help yourself honour bar fridge, daily papers and lots of information on what to do.
We have secure off-street parking with a gate, and a large, walled, oft-admired garden that offers a tranquil spot in which to stop and gather your thoughts.
SELF CATERING ACCOMMODATION
Spacious double/twin bedroom en suite shower
Separate sitting room/kitchenette
Equipped with fridge, microwave oven, toaster, kettle, 2 plate stove with pots, pans, crockery and utensils.
Spacious double/twin bedroom en suite shower
Dining area with separate kitchenette.
Equipped with fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, 2 plate stove and Convection Oven with pots, pans, crockery and utensils.
Breakfast can be taken at an additional cost in the dining room.
Koornhoop has secure off street parking and a large walled garden that offers a tranquil spot in which to stop and gather your thoughts.
For Self Catering Suites and the Apartment we service your room and change the linen and towels once a week. Additional service can be supplied on request at an additional charge.
- airport (less than 15km)
- airport transfers
- car hire (less than 20km)
- DVD player
- free parking
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- parking all onsite
- restaurants close by
- tea / coffee making facilities
Address 24 London Road OSERVATORY.
Please Note: VERY IMPORTANT to enter OBSERVATORY as C.T has a few London Roads!