Koornhoop Manor House
We're an owner-run guest house in the suburb of Observatory, Cape Town - below the towering Devil's Peak as it runs down to the Liesbeek River.
Just out of the city centre, yet close to all the major highways, train station, UCT buses - Observatory is a cosmopolitan and vibey enclave, populated by academics, professionals, artists and students. The village centre hosts an eclectic range of shops, restaurants, pubs and music venues.
Koornhoop Manor House is just 2 minutes walk from Observatory Centre. We have 8 en-suite double and single rooms.
We offer a full-spread continental breakfast, secure parking, a beautiful big garden to relax in, and personalised service from your host, Trish and her team.
More about us...
We started Koornhoop Manor House as a guest house in 1989 - one of the first established in the country, and a founder member of the Guest House Association of South Africa.
Guest Book Quotes:
90% of our custom is from regular guests and referrals. Some recent customer comments:
- 11/19. Danke fur die schone zeit in Deinem Haus. U&G, Germany
- 11/19. Was awesome to, once again, be in my home, away from home! CG, South Africa
- 10/19. Thank you, our stay was marvellous. WP, South Africa
- 10/19. Thank you Trish! Absolutely marvellous! SL, South Africa
- 10/19. I enjoyed my stay in Cape Town. The Koornhoop was a very charming place and I really appreciate the welcoming of Trish. Thank you. M, Belgium.
- 9/19. Thank you very much. We really had a good night. Thanks, we will be back! A&T. South Africa.
- 9/19. Thank you so much. Lovely staying here. See you next year. N, South Africa
- 9/19. Dear Trish thanks for the wonderful stay and nice homely place, and the ambience. And for your warm caring and friendly nature. R, Sydney Australia.
- 9/19. Thanks a lot for the hospitality. J, Brussels.
- 9/19. Lovely place, thank you for everthing. May you always have dogs around you. C, Greece.
- 7/19. Baie Dankie vir die gasvryheid. Ek het dit baie geniet! Sien julle weer. JN, SA.
- 6/19. On behalf of the Michigan State University, thank you so much for the lovely stay and hospitality. We all look to be back here sooner rather than later!! USA.
- 6/19. Thank you for the hospitality! The room and breakfast were great, P, Greece.
- 05/19. Thank you for the perfect stay, M&J, SA.
- 05/19. Thank you so much for the stay and your lovely personality, I&K, Worcester, SA.
- 04/19. Thank you for a lovely stay. Will look forward to staying with you again next time I am in Cape Town, Boston, Harvard, USA .
- 03/19. Thank you so much for taking good care of me, U, Denmark.
- 03/19. Thanks so much for hosting our university group. We learned a lot and enjoyed our time, University of Illinois, USA.
- 02/19. It has been 12 days of feeling at home. Thank you for being nice and welcoming, Kenya.
- 01/19. They are very friendly and the place is good, A, Mozambique.
At your service...
Koornhoop Manor House is personally run by the owners, Trish and her team, and can assist with planning your stay and for Airport transfers and travel around Cape Town we recommend AB Charter Service (please contact us for their info).
Breakfast is a deluxe continental buffet consisting of juices, cereals, yoghurts and fresh fruits, jams, marmalades, pate, cheeses, cold meats, boiled eggs, different breads, tea and coffee. Bon Appetit!
Please Note: Wireless Internet / WIFI is available (own computer required).
All bedrooms are ensuite, with TV/ DSTV, tea and coffee facilities. The lounge has a help yourself honour bar fridge, daily papers and lots of information on what to do.
We have secure off-street parking with a gate, and a large, walled, oft-admired garden that offers a tranquil spot in which to stop and gather your thoughts.
- airport (less than 15km)
- airport transfers
- aquarium (less than 5km)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- live entertainment (less than 3km)
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- parking all onsite
- private entrance
- radio in room
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in room (non-satellite)
- tennis court (less than 5km)
- wi-fi / hotspot
Address 24 London Road OSERVATORY.
Please Note: VERY IMPORTANT to enter OBSERVATORY as C.T has a few London Roads!