Wakening Hope is unique self catering experience situated on a small holding (Papyrus Lodge) on Winery road near Raithby within the Winelands area, surrounded by many cycling and hiking trails as well as famous wine farms and restaurants. You will be staying in a beautiful self-catering wooden A-frame loft chalet at the water's edge and have access to a private wooden deck with a wood-fired hot tub. The chalet has a beautiful interior and boasts all amenities needed to enjoy a much needed break from the city without the disruption of load shedding.
- 1 bedroom upstairs with a queen size, extra length bed, a choice of memory foam cushions and feather cushions with a large, warm duvet and extra blankets.
- Fully equipped kitchen with a microwave and fridge (which are on the inverter system) and a gas hob for cooking. A nespresso machine with milk frother and a blender for smoothies is available as well as complimentary capsules, instant coffee, tea, sugar and spices.
- An iron, ironing board and a safe is provided.
- 1 bathroom with a shower, toilet and basin which also includes hand soap and lotion as well as a hair dryer. Bath towels and outside towels are provided.
- Open plan lounge and dining area with TV and access to netflix and a TV box. Fibre internet is included and all are set up on the inverter system.
- An aircon and ceiling fan is present upstairs and a gas heater downstairs.
- A Large wooden deck outside of the chalet looking over the lake with a view of the sunrise and sunset. Outside table and chairs and a Weber braai are all provided.
- A private wooden deck with a wood-fired hot tub (1 crate of wood per night supplied).
- Safe parking behind a fence.
- The option of using an electric shutter to lock the chalet for absolute privacy.
- View of the lake and Helderberg mountain.
Attractions on the property and in the surrounding areas:
- Access to the lake for swimming and making use of the paddle boat and rowing boat provided.
- Fresh water fishing (bass) on the lake.
- Pic-nic under the palm trees at the lake or enjoy a sundowner on the jetty at the lake with a stunning view of the sun setting over table mountain.
- The 'Klein Helderberg Plaas' nature reserve with hiking and cycling trails is within 2 minutes of the property.
- Many other hiking and cycling trails are available in the area.
- Wine farms such as Forrester's Wines, Longridge, Cavalli, Avontuur, Somerbosch Wines, Peter Falke; Hidden Valley (amongst many others) are within a 5 minute drive from the property.
- Well-known restaurants such as 96 Winery road, Cavalli, Longridge, The thirsty scarecrow, the route 44 market and restaurant, Cattle Barron and La Pineta (amongst many others) are within a 5 minute drive from the chalet.
- The Lifeshine health and Wellness Centre is a 2 minute drive from the chalet where one can relax and receive a variety of treatments.
Please note, the bedroom of the chalet is upstairs and is accessed by a ladder. Please view the photos for more details.
We look forward to hosting you soon. Special prices can be negotiated for a longer holiday stay.