Where To Stay Logo

Knysna Speed Festival 2015

Always wanted to hear the roar of a Lamborghini? Visit the Knysna Speed Festival  © Up-Free, License

Knysna Speed Festival 2015

Don't miss out on this exhilarating celebration of speed at the Knysna Waterfront on 15 - 17 May 2015! This year marks the sixth annual hillclimb, which boasts beauties such as the classic Porsche 956, Porsche 917 and a 1961 LDS Formula 1; to more modern machinery including a variety of Ferrraris, the new McLaren MP4-12C and 650s, Lamborghini Gallardo and Aventador, Porsche GT3RS, Nissan GTRS, Jaguar XKRs Coupe and F-Type, and an Ariel Atom.

This event will leave the petrolheads speechless and craving more! Last year saw 11222 visitors, including some of South Africa's finest sporting heroes. This year promises to be even bigger and better!

The event will be run over three days and will include the following elements:
Friday 15th May - Classic Car Friday kicks off the festival; showcasing historic, classic and vintage cars from pre-war to 1980. Visitors are encouraged to get kitted out in period dress. Classic Car Friday includes events such as the Town Parade, scrutineering and car display.

Saturday 16th May & Sunday 17th May - King of the Hill Shootout happens on both Saturday and Sunday and this is where the country's fastest cars compete for ultimate glory on the hill.

Attending an event like this is something that should not be put off until next year - you will be sure to witness some of the meanest, sleekest and most spectacular cars that the country has to offer!

FAQs

Where is the Simola Hill?
It is just off the N2 on the George side of Knysna up Old Cape / Salt River Roads.

How do I get there and where do I park?
Follow the signs from entrances to Knysna. We have ample parking for thousands of visitors. There is no charge for parking. The general parking is on the opposite side of the course and requires at least a 5 minute walk to get to the spectator points. VIP parking will be colour coded and signposted accordingly.

Where can I buy tickets?
General Admission tickets are available during the weekend of the Hillclimb at the gate only.

Prices:
- General Entry Adults R80
- General Entry Children (Aged 3 - 11) R50
- Pits Access R100

Must I purchase separate pit tickets if I want to walk around the pits?
Yes. Unfortunately, the pit area became very congested in previous years, therefore we have had to limit the numbers for safety reasons by charging for entry.

What are the opening hours?
Gates open at 7.30am

Is food and drink available?
Yes

What type of food and drinks can one expect to buy?
There are a variety of vendors on site selling hamburgers, boerie rolls, chips, chicken schnitzel rolls, beer, water, fizzy drinks, energy drinks, etc. A sit down restaurant is available at the Simola Hotel.

How many food court areas are there?
Two - Gasoline Alley & Pit Stop. The food variety at each might vary.

Can I bring my own alcohol?
No, unfortunately not. The liquor licensing regulations prevent us from allowing you to bring your own alcohol onto the premises.

Can I bring chairs and umbrellas?
Yes. If not chairs you can bring a blanket or type of ground sheet to sit on.

What is the daily itinerary?
Cars will be on track from 9am to 4pm (Thursday), 9am - 3pm (Friday), 5pm (Saturday) and 4pm (Sunday) with a one hour lunch break.

Where do I view the action?
There are multiple view points. The most popular are:
- above the pits where you can see the pit activity and the start line action;
- Corner 3 where you will see the cars enter at high speed, negotiate a tight off-camber corner and then accelerate up the hill;
- The Jaguar Lounge banking where you will see the cars exit corner 3, accelerate to over 200km/h (certain cars) and then negotiate "S" bend.

Is there a disabled viewing deck?
Yes. It is a specially constructed deck offering good viewing of the track. It is located between corners 3 and 4 with parking at site.

Is there a programme that one can buy?
Yes. It will be available at ticket points and info kiosks.

How can I hear the action?
We have a public address system along the entire course.

Should I bring ear protection?
It is not essential, but recommended for sensitive ears.

What are the medical facilities?
We will have paramedics on site.

Are there ATM banking facilities on site?
Yes. There will be one at Gasoline Alley

Do you accept credit cards for ticket and other purchases on site?
No.

Is there a special VIP parking area?
Yes. Our Pit Club VIP facility offers a dedicated parking area. It will be a cordoned off area close to the bigger pubic parking area. A shuttle service will transport you to Pit Club.

How many tickets will be on sale for the Pit Club VIP Hospitality?
200 per day.

CONTACT INFORMATION:
Tel Number: 044 302 5777
Fax Number: 0866 122 773
Physical Address:
Office 110
Thesen House
6 Long Street
Knysna
Email: info@speedfestival.co.za

For more information, visit: http://www.speedfestival.co.za/

Nearby Listings