Lupus Den Country House
• Award winning guest house, including the prestigious AA Hall of Fame award (see complete list of awards below)
• Located in the countryside on a tranquil South African citrus farm
• Range of accommodation from Garden cottage bedrooms to Homestead suites.
• Breakfast included (lunch and dinner on request)
• All accommodations air-conditioned
• Free Wifi
• Full onsite staff – rooms serviced daily.
• 25 minutes from malaria-free Addo Elephant National Park, the 3rd largest park in South Africa
• Many other fun local attractions nearby or relax at the pool in the beautiful garden
• Guests returning to Lupus Den receive a 10% B&B discount.
Lupus Den Country House is a Four Star oasis having received many accolades including “Best Country Accommodation”, “Top Valued Establishment Award in Addo”, “Most Tranquil Accommodation”, Best Four Star Guest House Accommodation in Addo”, “Fabulous Food Award” and Tripadvisor Certificates of Excellence annually since 2010. It was also voted by our guests into the AA Hall of Fame having won the AA Travel awards for 3 consecutive years.
OVERVIEW OF GUESTHOUSE
Our guesthouse, established in 2004, is situated in rural surroundings in the fertile Sundays River Valley on our 4th generation working citrus farm – in the family since 1894. We are 25 minutes away from the main entrance to the malaria-free Addo Elephant National Park, the third largest national park in South Africa after the Kruger and Kgalagadi parks.
We pride ourselves in offering a warm and friendly welcome to all our guests with whom we enjoy sharing our home. Our Homestead and Garden Cottage, in the midst of orange and lemon groves, is surrounded by an extensive, beautiful and tranquil garden filled with many indigenous and exotic trees offering welcome shade on hot summer days. Green lawns, shaded pathways and a plethora of birdsong add to the pleasure of being outdoors, relaxing on loungers next to our lovely large & sparkling swimming pool.
We offer tastefully furnished, comfortable and affordable accommodation – from lovely to luxurious, in either our Homestead or Garden Cottage. The 5 bedrooms in our Homestead and the 3 bedrooms in the Garden Cottage are all en suite, air-conditioned & have ceiling fans, tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryers & toiletries. In addition, the Garden Cottage bedrooms offer a bar fridge and small safe for valuables, passport etc. Each luxurious Garden Cottage bedroom has its own private, covered patio furnished with comfortable seating, table & chairs. There are no interleading doors. Two of these bedrooms have double outdoor showers and all 3 bedrooms have a comfortable seating area – and, “the biggest beds in the world!” One of the Homestead bedrooms has its own private garden entrance and patio while all 5 bedrooms have views into the garden.
Our rates include a scrumptious farmhouse breakfast prepared according to each of our guest’s preference & dietary needs. We also serve, on request, light lunches and a set 3-course romantic candlelit dinner in the evenings with fresh vegetables from our own vegetable garden. Any food allergies or specific dietary requirements are taken into account. Meals are served in our private dining room with views into the garden, cool with overhead fans in summer and warm with a blazing wood fire in winter.
For the convenience and comfort of our guests we do not allow smoking indoors! We offer free Wifi and credit card facilities, accepting both Visa and Mastercard plus free, secure parking.
For those guests, who would prefer not to do a self-drive in the Addo Park, we will happily arrange for an experienced and enthusiastic private guide, when available, to do either a 4-hour or 8-hour safari in the park.
We look forward to having you join us as part of your memorable South African vacation!
- A safari in the Addo Elephant Park with a qualified private guide (able to speak German)
- A safari in a private game park adjoining the Addo Park
- Hiking in the Zuurberg mountains section of the Addo Park
- Horse riding in the Addo Park
- Walking with elephants & their handlers in the Zuurberg mountains
- Zip lining & Giant swing nearby
- Canoeing or bird watching on the Sundays River can be arranged
- Visit a cheetah & endangered African cat breeding facility nearby
- Watch the sun set over the Sundays River, wine glass in hand, at nearby Look-Out, a national monument.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- AA Superior Accommodation
- Tourism Grading - 4 Stars
- DSTV in communal area
- internet facilities
- laundry facilities onsite
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- tea / coffee making facilities