Limestone House, in the quaint fisherman's village of Paternoster, is waiting to welcome you, whether you are looking for a romantic getaway for two or wanting to enjoy a family holiday by the sea.
Our holiday home is extremely generous with space and offers three bedrooms, one with a queen-size bed, the others with a double bed each, two bathrooms, a well equipped kitchen, an eight-seater table designed to host long drawn out meals, and a giant fireplace.
Paternoster's most beautiful beach with secluded coves and huge boulders is less than 50 meters from our doorstep. Paternoster is also situated next to the 263ha Columbine Nature Reserve, carpeted with a bright carpet of fynbos flowers in spring (August to October).
The Cape Columbine Lighthouse is a short drive away (approx 5km). A must, is the guided tour to the top of the lighthouse, one of the last manually controlled lighthouses in the country. The lighthouse is usually the first lighthouse sighted by ships coming from South America and Europe.
The coastline offers an abundance of marine life, where dolphins and whales can be spotted. Paternoster is well known for good catches of the West Coast Rock Lobster, abalone and mussels. If seafood is your thing, we suggest you take a walk down to the fish market where the local fishermen offer their catch of the day. Alternatively you can join the locals for a traditional "packet" of fish and chips.
Also fascinating is the West Coast Fossil Park, one of the richest fossil sites in the world. Over the past 40 years bones of 200 different kinds of animals, many of them new to science, have been recovered. Guided tours are available every day at 11:00.
For the outdoor enthusiasts there is an abundance of hiking trails and the shoreline literally encourages kayaking. And for the incurable romantics there are always the unforgettable sunsets.
- 3 bedrooms, one with a queen-size bed and the others with a double bed each (in winter we provide electric blankets for each bed to ensure a warm stay).
- 2 bathrooms, one full the other with shower.
- The open plan kitchen is equipped with oven, hob, microwave, fridge/deep freeze and dishwasher.
- Dining room and lounge.
- DSTV with limited channels.
- Linen and towels are provided (please bring own beach towels).
- Inside & outside braai
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- Tourism Grading - 3 Stars
- beach (less than 500m)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- DSTV in communal area (bring card)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- lock-up safe
- microwave in unit
- radio in room
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- Payment Methods
- Sorry, Credit cards not accepted
- Languages Spoken At Establishment
- Bed Configuration
- Limestone House (Sleeps 6) x 1
- Room 1 - queen
- Room 2 - double
- Room 3 - double
- Special Categories
- Star Graded Accommodation
- Wheelchair Friendly Accommodation
Limestone House appears in the following sections:
Paternoster Self Catering House, Cottage, Chalet Accommodation • Paternoster Wheelchair Friendly Accommodation • Paternoster Self Catering Accommodation • Paternoster Star Graded Accommodation • Kliprug, Paternoster Self Catering House, Cottage, Chalet Accommodation • Kliprug, Paternoster Wheelchair Friendly Accommodation • Kliprug, Paternoster Self Catering Accommodation • Kliprug, Paternoster Star Graded Accommodation