COVID 19 Notice:
We are able to host Essential Workers, Business AND Leisure travellers during lockdown
Additional sanitisation and safety measures are in place for this property in response to the Coronavirus pandemic (Covid-19) to ensure your safety and comply with standards.
Eagle's Nest Bed & Breakfast is on the sunny side of Grahamstown / Makhanda. Ideally situated near schools, city centre and in walking distance to shops, museums, Rhodes University and restaurants. The perfect stop-over in Grahamstown / Makhanda between Cape Town and KwaZulu-Natal (almost halfway).
Three reasonably priced self-contained garden flats each with their own private entrance. One of the flats sleeps 4 (twin beds and bunk beds with hospitality mattresses) and the other 2 flats (twin beds in each) sleep 2 people. These self catering / bed and breakfast flats have en-suite bathrooms, well equipped kitchenettes, tea/coffee facilities, DSTV and TVs, free internet, hairdryers, fans, heaters, hot blankets and secure off-street parking (electric fence) with remote control access to bring vehicles into our yard.
Additional beds in the main house (en suite) if required. The barbecue facility near the sparkling pool on your doorstep often comes in handy on this sunny side of town. Children welcome. Pets welcome by arrangement. Choice of self-catering or B&B.
- Bed & Breakfast accommodation
- Kitchenettes in flats
- Fully Serviced/Housekeeping
- Television with DSTV in flats
- Internet facilities in flats
- Microwave in flats
- Heaters and fans in flats
- Tea/coffee making facilities in flats
- Flats have own private entrance
- Secure off-street parking onsite
- Swimming pool onsite
- Braai / barbecue - onsite
- Laundry facilities onsite
- Pets welcome by arrangement
- Car hire (less than 5km)
- Exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- Golf (less than 5km)
- Horse riding (less than 5km)
- Medical facilities (less than 5km)
- Movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- Nature trail (less than 5km)
- Restaurant & shops (less than 5km)
- Big game & game drives (less than 30km)
- Hunting or fishing (less than 30km)
Places of interest in or near Grahamstown / Makhanda
- 1820 Settlers Museum.
- Albany Museum.
- Observatory Museum houses the Victorian Camera Obscura in the Southern
- Church Square - historical building facades in Grahamstown / Makhanda.
- Rhodes University.
- African Institute for Aquatic Biodiversity (JLB Institute of Ichthyology).
- International Library for African Music.
- 1820 Settlers National Monument.
- Fort Selwyn.
- Egazini Memorial.
- Provost Prison.
- Artificer's Square.
- Thomas Baines Nature Reserve.(15km)
- Great Fish River Reserve. (60km)
- Shamwari Game Reserve. (60km)
- Lalibela Game Reserve. (35km)
- Amakhala Game Reserve.
- Kariega Game Reserve.(40km)
- Valley of the Ancient Voices.
33° 19' 00.111" S
26° 32' 02.602" E
Eagle's Nest Conditions of Reservation Deposit AND Cancellation Policy:
A non-refundable deposit of 50% is required on confirmation of your booking, within 48 hours, we are not liable to hold accommodation for which deposits have not been received.
For non-arrival (no-show) or cancellation within 72 hours, 100% of TOTAL accommodation fee is payable.
Cancellations made more than 30 days in advance, one bed night will be charged.
Cancellations made more than 14 days in advance, 50% of the TOTAL will be forfeited.
Cancellations made less than 14 days in advance, the FULL amount will be forfeited.