Cedarwood is a re-designed dairy offering gentle views and country charm just
4kms inland off the N3, midway between Howick and Hilton.
Our furnished, self catering house has beautifully decorated en-suite bedrooms, two of which are family rooms and a loft room - comfortably sleeping 10 adults and 6 children.
- Main Suite - 1 x Queen Bed and 3 x Single Bed with En-Suite
- Family Suite - 1 x Queen Bed, 1 x Double Bed and 2 x Single Bed with En-suite
- Family Suite 3 - 1 x Double Bed and 1 x Single Bed With En-suite
- The Tower 1 x Double Bed and 1 x Single Bed with En-suite
- The Loft - 4 x Single Beds - Occupants of this room will need to use guest toilet and share shower with one of the other bedrooms.
Regret no pets allowed as we have resident pets
Please note that this house is rented on a group option and not by individual rooms.
The Living Room is pure olde-world rustic charm with an enormous fireplace. DSTV is available in the shared living space, which is open-plan to a fully equipped kitchen/dining room. Weber and Braai facilities are available. Guests have use of the farm tennis court and pool and can enjoy beautiful country walks.
Cedarwood is on the doorstep of Midlands Meander route and ideally situated for our guests to experience the wonder of the Meander - an eclectic mix of arts and crafts, fly fishing and world class restaurants.
Midmar Dam - 11km
Sakabula Golf Course - 5kms
Howick Falls - 11 kms
Karkloof - 22km
Hilton - 9.5kms
Pietermaritzburg - 18km
The Village of Hilton is 9.5kms away and other places of interest close by are the Pecanwood Wedding Venue, Hilton College and St Anne's Diocesan College.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- Tourism Grading - 3 Stars
- big game (less than 30km)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- DSTV in communal area
- fishing (less than 10km)
- game drives (less than 30km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities onsite
- microwave in unit
- nature trail (less than 10km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private entrance
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in communal area
- tennis court onsite
- tumble dryer onsite
- water skiing (less than 10km)
From Johannesburg on the N3, pass the Midmar/Howick turn-off and take the next turn-off to HOWICK SOUTH/UNDERBERG (Exit 99). Turn right under the N3...*
From Pietermaritzburg on the N3, pass Hilton and Cedara College off-ramps and take the next off-ramp to HOWICK SOUTH/UNDERBERG (Exit 99). Turn immediately Left away from N3...*
...Approximately 100m up the road (with ESKOM on your right) take the first road left into Wilson Road (R103). Proceed to T-junction at the end of Wilson Road and turn right towards Birnamwood. Proceed up the slight rise and over two speed bumps, to the end of the tar and continue about 1km on gravel. When you see the sign BSW 12 CEDARWOOD, turn left and proceed straight along the strip road, which takes you directly to the farm.
- Payment Methods
- Sorry, Credit cards not accepted
- Bed Configuration
- Entire House (Sleeps 20) x 1
- Room 1 - queen, single, single
- Room 2 - queen, double, single, single
- Room 3 - double, single
- Room 4 - double, single
- Room 5 - single, single, single, single
- Special Categories
- Interesting Place Accommodation
- Sleeps 10 or More Accommodation
- Star Graded Accommodation
Cedarwood appears in the following sections:
Howick Self Catering House, Cottage, Chalet Accommodation • Howick Sleeps 10 or More Accommodation • Howick Interesting Place Accommodation • Howick Self Catering Accommodation • Howick Star Graded Accommodation