Bayside Guest House
Bayside Guest House offers the tourist and discerning business person, beautifully appointed rooms with en-suite bathrooms, private entrances and patios, all in a peaceful secluded garden / courtyard.
Bayside Guest House offers up-market, spacious and private accommodation to both leisure and corporate travellers.
Guests are welcomed in the following languages; Afrikaans, English, German and Xhosa. We can say hallo in some other languages as well.
Various styles of rooms offer a choice of privacy, family and limited self-catering accommodation.
All rooms have private entrances & en-suite bathrooms, and have been tastefully and comfortably decorated providing a restful haven after spending a day on the beach, exploring nearby game parks or returning from a busy day at work. Sit out on your patio in the secluded garden or covered patio, laze around the pool or take an invigorating walk along the beachfront.
TV’s with DSTV, fridges, microwaves and complimentary tea/coffee facilities are provided in each room, whilst some rooms have limited self-catering facilities as well. Wi-Fi Internet connection is available and is for free, and secure off-street parking, is provided. A sumptuous breakfast is served in the sunny, welcoming dining-room.
Double / Twin
Double / queen and twin rooms, some with limited self catering facilities. Please let us know if you have specific bed &/or bath/shower requirements.
Bayside offers a variety of family accommodation:
- Spacious twin room with double sleeper couch, en-suite bathroom with shower and limited self catering facilities
- Room with double sleeper couch, en-suite bathroom with separate bath & shower and limited self-catering facilities
- Queen bedroom with double sleeper couch, en-suite bathroom with separate bath & shower and limited self-catering facilities
- Family suite consisting of double room, en-suite with shower, and a twin room, en-suite with shower/bath. These rooms have inter-leading doors
- Twin single bed, double bed and family rooms available
- All rooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Fridge, microwave, tea & coffee making facilities in each room
- Ceiling fans, TV with DSTV and telephones are standard, with hairdryers available on request
- Room design, writing desks and free WI-FI internet connections offer the business person flexibility of working late nights, watching TV or both
- Separate entrances, covered patios in a tranquil garden setting
- Secure off-street parking
A private lounge for guests can also being used as a conference room – maximum 10 people.
For any information you are welcome to go to Reception. Bookings at restaurants, Game parks, Boat trips, city sightseeing, which beaches to visit (Port Elizabeth have the most stunning beaches) and many more will be done with pleasure.
Make yourself at home on the comfortable couches and relax in the sun or moonlight on the deck overlooking the garden and pool.
We look forward to have you as our guests.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- Member of TripAdvisor
- National Accommodation Association
- Tourism Grading - 4 Stars
- airport (less than 15km)
- airport transfers
- beach (less than 500m)
- big game (less than 30km)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- kitchenette only
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- laundry facilities onsite
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- tea / coffee making facilities
From the N2:
1. From the N2, take the "Settlers Way M4" off ramp.
2. Follow the beachfront/Summerstrand signs, keeping the sea on your left at all
3. Carry on along Beach Road which becomes Marine Drive, past Paxton Hotel,
Virgin Active, Mac Donalds, Boardwalk Casino complex, Radison Hotel till you
come to 11th Avenue.
4. Turn right into 11th Avenue (look out for brown tourism sign), carry on to
T-junction, turn right into Jenvey Road and then 1st left into Tiran Road.
5. Bayside is the 3rd house on the left.
From the airport:
1. Out of the airport parking to a traffic circle, turn right into Alister
2. At the first traffic lights, turn right into La Roche Drive.
3. Go through one set of lights and at the second traffic lights, turn right
into Strandfontein Road.
4. At the next traffic lights turn left into Second Avenue.
5. At the traffic circle, turn right into Erasmus Drive and at the 2nd stop
street, turn left into Tiran Road.
6. Carry on down Tiran Road towards the beach - Bayside is the 3rd last house on