|Address:||14 Hlatikulu Rd, Mooi River, KwaZulu Natal|
Built in 1906, Old Rearsby is a beautifully appointed Victorian Bed &
Breakfast, with the most magnificent, panoramic views of the Giants castle
mountain range, set in a manicured English country garden. Our 100 year old oak
trees whisper gently in the wind, sharing historical secrets of the past. We
cater for guests looking for comfortable, country style hospitality. Our
beautifully appointed cottages are equipped with microwave, fridge, stocked mini
bar, tea & coffee facility, electric blankets & fireplaces. 24 hr internet
access is available. Enjoy the beautiful sunsets from your private verandah
overlooking the Giants castle, with a bottle of wine from our wine cellar, or
sneak back inside to a roaring log fire.
We use only the purest percale linen, and duckdown in our 3 separate cottages,
to ensure the very best nights sleep.
Mooi Cottage - has a separate bedroom, queen bed, Victorian bathroom, bath & shower, a comfortable lounge, and own fully equipped kitchen.
Umgeni Cottage - is an open plan cottage, with 2 double beds, and a cozy lounge and fireplace. Kitchen is semi equipped. Bathroom with shower only.
Bushman Cottage - is an open plan cottage, with a queen bed, and a cozy lounge & fireplace. Kitchen is semi equipped. Bathroom with shower only.
Berg cottage is equipped with a queen bed/ twin, shower, fireplace fridge, microwave, private veranda & barbeque facility, magnificent and uninterrupted berg views, fully self catering kitchen, family suite.
Inzinga cottage is equipped with a queen bed/ twin, shower, fireplace fridge, microwave, private veranda & barbeque facility, magnificent and uninterrupted berg views, fully self catering kitchen, family suite.
Awaken to sounds of the country, and collect your own eggs for breakfast from underneath our free range chickens. Our sumptuous Old Rearsby breakfasts are served in our farmhouse dining room. Our guests are treated to the taste of the country, with a wide variety of free range, home grown organic produce .Old Rearsby boasts our own organic potage vegetable garden, and orchard.
Take a leisurely walk down to our dam, after breakfast, and enjoy the fresh country air, or order a picnic basket and spend a lazy afternoon sipping local wine, and nibbling on homegrown Midlands cuisine. There are some very excellent 4 & 5 star restaurants in the area, eg. Hartford house and Cleopatras. Booking is essential.
Clay Pigeon Shooting
Old Rearsby boasts her own shooting range. Qualifies and experienced instructors are available to guide even the most inexperienced shot.
Wedding Venue & Conference Centre
We have a beautifully appointed small wedding/conference centre. Please contact us directly for further information.
Old Rearsby has a fully equipped gym & steam room. Use of the gym comes at an additional fee of R100 per day.
Things To do
Take a leisurely drive down the Midlands Meander, and enjoy a quality an exciting country shopping experience, from the world famous Ardmore ceramic studio, to our local wood turners, local cheese makers, to fabulous leather products. Our local Fly-fishing spots are regarded as some of the best in the country. Horse riding, canopy tours, hot air ballooning, candle dipping, cheese making courses, quilting, clay pigeon shooting, are a few other activities on offer.
- babysitting service
- bar fridge
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- conference venue onsite
- game drives (less than 30km)
- internet facilities
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- kitchenette only
- lake onsite
- microwave in unit
- parking all onsite
- pets allowed by prior arrangement
- private entrance
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- wi-fi / hotspot
1. From Johannesburg, leave the N3 at the Mooi River North Offramp and follow the directions to the Giants Castle Road situation between the Standard Bank and the First national Bank in Mooi River
2. From Durban, leave the N3 at the Main Mooi River Toll Plaza and follow the directions to the Giants Castle Road situated between the Standard Bank and the First National Bank in Mooi River
3. Turn right at the First National Bank, past the Argyle Arms on your lef and travel for 2.2 km's until you reach the Hlatikhulu Road and turn left.
4. Travel along the Hlatikhulu Road for 4.8 km's until you see the Old Rearsby/ Hartford House signs, Turn right, and the sign for the Farm is on your right
- Bed Configuration
- Berg Cottage (Sleeps 4) x 1
- Room 1 - twin, king
- Bushman Cottage (Sleeps 2) x 1
- Room 1 - queen
- Inzinga Cottage (Sleeps 4) x 1
- Room 1 - twin, king
- Umgeni Cottage (Sleeps 4) x 1
- Room 1 - queen, queen
- Special Categories
- Gay Managed Accommodation
- Pet Friendly Accommodation