MILKWOOD BEACH COTTAGE
Self catering cottage Melville, Banana Beach, accommodates 6 people
This is a quiet, peaceful, rustic, freestanding, privately owned self-catering, serviced beach cottage 50 metres from the beach. While the cottage has no direct sea view, early morning coffee and evening gin and tonics on the beach are standard practice. The cottage is ideal for mom, dad, granny and the two kids. The property boasts massive milkwood trees with a large tropical garden for children to play. This cottage is conducive to a variety of activities; quality family time; swimming; fishing; surfing; rock pools; a tidal pool; remote beach walks or being part of the beach activity nearby at the main swimming beach, Banana Beach. If you have licences, there are mussels and a well-equipped kitchen for gourmet cooking.
Away from the beach there are restaurants and tea gardens set in tropical nurseries close by. A 30-minute drive south will take you to quaint antique shops in Ramsgate, the famous Crayfish Inn, the Crocodile farm and the compulsory Waffle house. There is a big Spar and Pick n Pay 15 mins south, at Port Shepstone for all your basic requirements.
- A central lounge / dinning area.
- Two bedrooms: one with a queen sized bed, the second has a double bed.
- A third bedroom, a small children's bunkroom with 2 bunk beds.
- One main bathroom inside the cottage. Bath, toilet and hand basin.
- Well-supplied kitchen: gas hob, electric oven, microwave, toaster, kettle, pootjie pots, bodums (and decent pots).
- A covered veranda
- An outdoors shower with hot water
- A separate outside toilet
- Puzzles and books.
- Duvets and pillows are supplied
- Percale cotton linen supplied for High season lets
- Bath and beach towels are not supplied
- There is a septic tank, remember, non-biodegradable items are lethal, including beach sand.
- All 3 bedrooms have ceiling fans - essential against Mozzies
- Safe for valuables
- Braai facility
- Pet friendly
- Popular surf break
There is a Laundromat at Banana Beach.
Please note there is NO TV or parking garage. Cars must be parked next to the staff quarters.
There is a permanent staff member, Sbu living on the property. The cottage is serviced daily, this is included in the day rate. Basic cleaning includes: sweeping once a day, making beds and washing up twice a day.
- bar fridge
- beach (absolutely on the beach)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- ceiling fans
- fishing (less than 3km)
- lock-up safe
- microwave in unit
- pets allowed by prior arrangement
- private entrance
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- whale watching onsite
Take the southern freeway, N2, drive for approx 50 minutes until you see signs about the toll road ahead. Take the HIBBERDENE off ramp to get onto the old south coast road R102 (if you miss this you will have to take the toll road and double back on the R102). Go past Hibberdene and Umzumbe Beach, approx 5 kms south of Umzumbe you will see MELVILLE STATION, turn left, then very first right into BEACH ROAD.
S 30 39 448
E 30 21 058