Castaways boasts magnificent shaded sites for tents or caravans with electricity and spotless ablution facilities.Self-catering chalets can sleep up to 6 people per unit - fully equipped , tv in unit with DSTV. Recreation hall with bar on site.
Relax and enjoy countless moments of spectacular sunrises, dolphin sightings and the sound of crashing waves from the comfort of a covered veranda with a sea view from every corner.
There are 4 elegant villas on the large property, each with 3 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms (main en-suite), a fully equipped kitchen, & a spacious living area with stack doors that open onto a stunning patio with its own braai area.
This comfortable furnished, non-smoking, self-contained unit comprises of 2 bedrooms and sleep a maximum of four adults and two children. The kitchen is fully equipped with fridge/freezer, hob, microwave, crockery and cutlery. The living room ...
Four bedrooms, each private, stylish, well appointed with TV, hospitality tray and a full range of toiletries. All rooms have full, en-suite bathrooms, all with both bath and separate shower.
The house is fully equipped with all the necessary amenities and home comforts for a well organised holiday. These include a large flat screen TV with full bouquet DSTV Explorer equipment.
Fresh linen (including bath towels) is supplied. Each cabana has its own fully equipped kitchen (stove, microwave, fridge), DStv and built-in braai. Inside large paddle fans lazily stir the air while a faint sea breeze
Come visit Leisure Bay with beautiful swimming beaches on the warm Indian Ocean. Come and enjoy a great game of golf at the most fabulous golf courses in South Africa.
This privately owned cottage offers you a self-catering holiday for large families. Four bedrooms, 2- bathrooms, large open plan kitchen, lounge and dining room with TV for entertainment. Separate bar area / smaller lounge (2 beds) leading onto a...
The Belle Cottage is a private family holiday home situated in Leisure Bay on the KZN south coast. This home is ideally situated directly in front of Kidds beach (10 steps from the garden to the beach).
Glenmore Beach Holidays - South Coast, KwaZulu Natal
Click here for Glenmore Accommodation
When you reach Glenmore Beach on the KZN South Coast, it's your 'last resort' before Port Edward lying on the Eastern Cape border. In this picturesque South Coast village, you have all the time in the world to sit around the braai at days end, and discuss 'the biggest wave', 'the one that got away' or 'the almost hole in one', as Glenmore Beach offers South Coast visitors the ultimate great escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Glenmore Beach, with it's long stretches of unspoilt beach and boisterous waves crashing onto rocky outcrops, is the ideal South Coast destination for swimming, surfing, kayaking, snorkelling, and fishing at Glenmore Beach Pulpit Rock, a favourite spot for fisherman to cast their rods for Rock Cod, Shad and other reef fish, off one of the most heavenly beaches on the KZN South Coast.
On this stretch of the South Coast at Dolphin Bay, dolphins ride the waves and whales cruise up the coast between April and October, and when the moon is full, go crab and crayfish hunting in this truly magical spot. Another incredible South Coast experience is the annual Sardine Run which generally hits Glenmore Beach around the months of July and August.. This is when billions of tiny silver fish bring with them numerous larger game fish, dolphins, sharks, seals, whales and a variety of birdlife seeking an easy meal. The annual South Coast Sardine Run off Glenmore Beach is undoubtedly one of the most spectacular marine events and id referred to as The Greatest Shoal on Earth
Other Glenmore Beach attractions include:
- Nightingale Shipwreck, which ran aground on the rocks off Glenmore Beach in 1933. Part of the wreck, the boiler and cylinder, can still be seen on the rocks and is accessible at low tide. Interested visitors can still pick up pieces of porcelain or trader beads from the beach, particularly after storms and high seas.
- Umtamvuma Nature Reserve - where visitors will find clear streams, awe inspiring panoramic views, and towering fortress like sandstone koppies and cliffs located within the reserve. This South Coast reserve also serves as a paradise for birdwatchers, which includes sightings of a colony of Cape Vultures who build their nests in the cliffs that border the river.
- Natal Space Centre - an astronomical museum housing an extremely large and interesting private collection of telescopes, optical equipment, books and astronomical photographs, posters, and lasers.
- Wild Coast Casino (13.8km from Glenmore Beach) - one of SA's oldest and most popular casinos, with over 400 slot machines with smart card technology.
- Mac Banana Farm Stall - go treat yourself to a gastronomical experience at Mac Banana, situated within the idyllic surrounds of a Munster banana farm, this is a unique South Coast family venue which offers shopping, entertainment, and of course its famous delicious, giant pancakes!
- South Coast Golf Courses - known as the 'Golf Coast', there are eleven KwaZulu Natal, South Coast Golf Courses, all linked by a superb road network within easy reach of each other, and with well appointed golf clubhouses and a friendly 19th hole!. Glenmore beach is ideally placed for a visit to the Wild Coast Golf Course - one of the most sought after golf courses within one and a half hours of Durban. Southbroom Golf Club and Margate Golf Club are also very close by.
In this little piece of paradise, stay in Glenmore Self Catering accommodation South Coast, situated on the edge of the ocean overlooking the most beautiful bay and secluded beach; overnight in a Glenmore Bed & Breakfast which offers elegant country living by the sea, or enjoy a Camping and Caravanning holiday on grassy sites shaded by indigenous trees.
Towns near Glenmore Beach, South Coast:
North from Glenmore Beach
Palm Beach (4.9km from Glenmore Beach)
Trafalgar (8.8km from Glenmore Beach)
San Lameer (10.2km from Glenmore Beach)
South from Glenmore Beach
Leisure Bay (5.9km from Glenmore Beach)
Port Edward (9.7km from Glenmore Beach)
Glenmore Beach Accommodation - South Coast, KwaZulu Natal
Glenmore Beach on the KZN South Coast offers visitors the opportunity to sit around the braai at days end and discuss 'the biggest wave', 'the one that got away' or 'the almost hole in one', as Glenmore Beach accommodation options offer South Coast visitors the ultimate great escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Glenmore Beach, a picturesque little South Coast village with it's long stretches of unspoilt beach, and boisterous waves crashing onto rocky outcrops, is the ideal South Coast accommodation destination for surfing, kayaking and snorkelling. For surf and rock fishing enthusiasts, an ideal spot is Glenmore Beach Pulpit Rock, one of the best deep water fishing spots on the South Coast, where mainly King Mackerel (Couta), Kingfish, Garrick,and Shad can be caught.
Feel safe to swim at Glenmore Beach, which has three shark-protected beaches, all patrolled by lifeguards during weekends and school holidays.
On this superb stretch of the South Coast, dolphins ride the waves and whales cruise up the coast between April and October. When the moon is full, go crab and crayfish hunting in this truly magical spot, and another incredible South Coast experience is the annual Sardine Run, which hits Glenmore Beach around July / August every year. This is when billions of tiny silver fish bring with them numerous larger game fish, dolphins, sharks, seals, whales and a variety of birdlife seeking an easy meal. The annual South Coast Sardine Run (The Greatest Shoal on Earth) off Glenmore Beach is undoubtedly one of the most spectacular marine events.
Other Glenmore Beach attractions include:
- South Coast Golf Courses
- Nightingale Shipwreck
- Umtamvuma Nature Reserve
- Natal Space Centre
- Wild Coast Casino
- Mac Banana Farm Stall
Visit The WhereToStay Glenmore Beach Accommodation Page
WhereToStay is constantly on a mission to search for, and recruit a wide selection of suitable Glenmore Beach accommodation, particularly the more popular categories such as Glenmore Bed & Breakfast accommodation, and Glenmore Beach Self Catering accommodation.
We strive to present a mixture of upmarket Glenmore Beach accommodation, and affordable accommodation (to suit all pockets and tastes), especially for Self Catering accommodation in Glenmore Beach, which is a category more geared for family holiday accommodation in Glenmore Beach.
Be sure to check out our other Special Categories for Glenmore Pet Friendly accommodation, Glenmore Beach accommodation (Sleeps 10 or More), and Glenmore Beach accommodation - Wedding Venues.
Afrikaans alternate search phrase - Glenmore Beach akommodasie or Glenmore Beach akomodasie.