Umlilo Lodge is located in St. Lucia, a small coastal village surrounded by the Greater St. Lucia Wetland Park, South Africa's first National World Heritage Site, on the North Coast of KwaZulu-Natal.
Lake St. Lucia is a large estuarine lake abundant with hippo, crocodiles, fish and hundreds of bird species. The area comprises rivers, lakes, marsh, mangrove swamps and huge sand dunes, with beautiful unspoiled beaches.
We are walking distance from all the Shops and Restaurants, so dinner will not be a problem. We also have a Boma where you can join us in the evenings around a fire (Umlilo) when having a Braai or Traditional Dinner in an African Pot. The 3 coarse dinners are on request and is R270.00 per person and excludes drinks.
Our 11 en-suite bedrooms are air-conditioned and has got TV's, 11 DStv channels, Bar Fridges, Coffee & Tea facility, Hair Dryer, etc. to make your visit as comfortable as possible. The bathrooms have got baths and showers.
8 Bedrooms have 2 Single Beds or King Size Bed.
3 Family rooms have 2 Single Beds and King Size Bed
All the rooms over look the swimming pool. 4 rooms are wheel chair friendly.
Relax on the wooden deck by the pool, in the air-conditioned library with free internet access, in the bar lounge which is surrounded by a fishpond or in the Boma around the fire.
We will also assist you with any activity bookings you would like to make.
It is always better to book Night Drives, Big 5 Safaris, Kayaking on Lake St Lucia, Cruises on Lake St Lucia, Deep Sea Fishing, etc. well in advance to prevent fully booked disappointments.
Over Lake St Lucia into town, at the T-Junction turn right and the second road left, Dolphin Avenue by the fruit and curio market, Umlilo Lodge is 50m further on the left.
Come and make Umlilo your home away from home while exploring The Greater St Lucia Wetland Park, a World Heritage Site
- Lake St Lucia (0.3km)
- Wetlands Park (0.3km)
- Indian Ocean (1.5km)
- Crocodile and Snake Centre (2.0km)
- Whale Watching Office (0.2km)
- Turtle Tours Office (0.1km)
- Curio Shops and Restaurants (0.2km)
- Lake St Lucia Charters (0.4km)
- Tours pick up (0.0km)
- Golf Course (13.0km)
- Hluhluwe Game Reserve (40.0km)
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- Tourism Grading - 4 Stars
- big game (less than 30km)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- DSTV in communal area
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- laundry facilities onsite
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- outdoor pool
- tea / coffee making facilities