|Address:||204 Olivenfontein, Mabalingwe, Bela-Bela, Limpopo, South Africa|
TWIGA LODGE AT MABALINGWE - Self Catering Accommodation in Bela-Bela
Twiga lodge is an affordable lodge situated in the Mabalingwe Nature Reserve just 2 hours from Johannesburg and 28km from Bela-Bela. Twiga Lodge is the ideal family getaway for nature lovers. Spend a few days in this wildlife sanctuary set in the African bush. Rest, rejuvenate and enjoy the beauty and peacefulness of the surrounding reserve. This tranquil setting is very private and quite. Connect with nature and enjoy the indigenous fauna and flora of the area.
The Mabalingwe Nature Reserve is rich in abundant bird and animal life, including Africa's Big 5. It is spread over 12 500 ha, malaria free unspoilt bushveld. The reserve nestles in the shadow of the majestic Waterberg Mountains.
The reserve includes a restaurant and ladies bar, bush pub, shop, liquor store, ATM and fuel. A large variety of activities are available including game drives, bird drives, lion feeding, archery, paintball, abseiling, tennis courts, putt-putt, squash court and horseback safaris. You are also allowed to enter the game viewing areas in your own vehicle.
Twiga Lodge is the perfect private accommodation for a getaway weekend, relaxing holiday or even overnight business travellers.
Accommodation at Twiga Lodge:
The lodge is a self catering unit with fully-equipped kitchen including microwave, electric oven and stove, fridge etc.
The house is comfortably furnished and includes bedding, towels, crockery, cutlery etc. The 3 bedrooms are airconditioned.
- Accommodates 6 adults and 2 kids under 10 years old.
- En-suite bedrooms each with a double bed.
- En-suite bedroom with double bed.
- Loft with 2 single beds.
It has a spacious lounge fitted with an open wood fire place.
Large covered patio with built-in braai.
Separate boma with built-in braai and an open-pit fire place with seating.
Flat screen TV with DSTV in lounge.
Private splash pool with jacuzzi jets.
Shaded parking for two vehicles.
Enjoy wildlife roaming freely around the unit.
Private watering hole which on a daily basis attracts a variety of wildlife including; Nyala, Warthogs, Impala, Zebra, Kudu, Porcupine even Rhino and Elephant just to name a few.
The reserve is very safe with 24 hour security and controlled access.
Activities in the area
- Golf at Elements Private Golf Reserve (7.4km)
- Golf at Euphoria Golf Course (70.8km)
- Golf at Zebula Country Club (13.4km)
- Forever Resort Warmbaths (28km)
- Adventures with Elephants (13.4km)
- Numerous Spa Wellness Centres
- Various Hiking Trails
- air conditioner (all units)
- airport (less than 15km)
- big game onsite
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- dishwasher onsite
- DSTV in unit
- game drives onsite
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- live entertainment (less than 3km)
- lock-up safe
- microwave in unit
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- private pool
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- sauna/steam room (less than 3km)
- squash court (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tennis court (less than 5km)
- Payment Methods
- EFT / Bank Transfer
- Languages Spoken At Establishment
- Bed Configuration
- Twiga Lodge- Sleeps 6 adults and 2 kids under 10 years (Sleeps 8) x 1
- Room 1 - double
- Room 2 - double
- Room 3 - double
- Room 4 - single, single
Twiga Lodge at Mabalingwe appears in the following sections:
Bela-Bela Game Reserve And Bush Lodge Accommodation • Bela-Bela Self Catering House, Cottage, Chalet Accommodation • Bela-Bela Self Catering Accommodation • Mabalingwe Nature Reserve Game Reserve And Bush Lodge Accommodation • Mabalingwe Nature Reserve Self Catering House, Cottage, Chalet Accommodation • Mabalingwe Nature Reserve Self Catering Accommodation