Hobie Beach Guest House offers friendly and relaxed hospitality for leisure travellers, business executives and the sport enthusiast. We offer comfortable and stylish en-suite bedrooms with remote colour TV with M-Net, bar fridge, microwave, fan, ...
Abalone Guest House is situated in the beautiful beachfront suburb of Summerstrand, Port Elizabeth. We offer you a warm and friendly welcome to our 4-Star luxury accommodation with our tastefully decorated rooms each with their own entrance.
Margate Place is an owner-managed establishment and we cater for business executives, tourists and holidaymakers. Children are welcome and we offer a variety of different options for families.
Centrally located just South of the PE harbour area, Humewood is a very convenient location, making PE Humewood an excellent base from which to explore the abundance of Port Elizabeth tourist attractions :
- Situated just a few minutes walk from the popular Humewood Beach is Happy Valley, a magical wonderland of landscaped lawns, lily ponds, amazing lights and well known children's characters, a serene place to make great memories with the kids.
- A short 750m walk from Humewood accommodation, and ideally situated on PE King’s Beach Promenade adjoining Kings Beach, is the McArthur Baths Swimming Pool Complex, an international class water recreation facility which guarantees a fun way to spend the day away from the salt and sand.
- Located less than 1km from Humewood, Bayworld is one of the leading tourist attractions in Port Elizabeth Nelson Mandela Bay, and houses one of the biggest and best dolphinariums in the world. Also visit the onsite snakepark, a major PE tourist attraction enjoyed by young and old alike.
- Keep the family entertained at the PE Boardwalk Casino and Entertainment Complex (just 5 minutes from Humewood accommodation), a veritable feast of fun! Shopaholics will love the unique retail experience; the hungry can enjoy take-aways, food stalls and gourmet restaurants; kids will love the game arcades, and PE visitors can try their luck in the casino, which boasts an impressive 24 tables and 900 slot machines.
- The Nelson Mandela Voting Line Sculpture (3.6km from Humewood accommodation), is a 38m long, metal silhouette sculpture whose main feature is a laser-cut steel figure of Nelson Mandela raising his fist in the air in a display of victory. This historic PE attraction stands at the drum of the Great Flag at the Port Elizabeth Donkin Reserve.
- Nature lovers must visit the PE Guinea Fowl Trail located in the Baakens River Valley, Port Elizabeth, 4.1km North of Humewood accommodation. Here visitors will enjoy the excellent bird watching, as well as the wildflowers, trees, blue water lilies and fauna such as dassies, leguaans, tortoises and lizards.
- Art lovers will enjoy the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Art Museum (4.5km from Humewood accommodation), which houses collections of South African art (particularly Eastern Cape art), British art, international printmaking and Oriental art (including Indian miniatures and Chinese textiles).
- Located in the heart of PE, St Georges Park (4.6km, 8 minutes from Humewood accommodation) provides a refreshing escape from the city, and is home to the second oldest cricket club in South Africa, offering an open air theatre, an Olympic size swimming pool, bowling greens, jungle gyms, duck pond and a wonderful botanical garden.
- For a little bit of history, visit the South African Air Force Museum (5km from Humewood accommodation), which boasts a total of nine aircraft, including helicopters, a supersonic jet fighter, two of the world famous Harvard trainers amongst others, and the oldest surviving jet fighter in South Africa.
- 8.4km from Humewood accommodation is the unique St. Croix Motor Museum in Newton Park PE. Located in an airplane hangar, this Port Elizabeth attraction contains a private collection of about 80 vintage motor vehicles dating as far back as 1901.
Port Elizabeth is in the unique position of being on the Indian Ocean, as well as in close proximity to a number of malaria free Eastern Cape Game Reserves such as Shamwari Game Reserve - home to the Big Five, as well as Addo Elephant Park, the third largest national park in South Africa which lies just 32 minutes to the North of Humewood, Port Elizabeth, and is ideally suited for the outdoor adventurer, uniquely offering visitors the best prime game viewing.
When looking for Humewood accommodation, stay in stylish Star Graded Humewood Bed & Breakfast accommodation just 800m from Kings Beach, and 1km from the Port Elizabeth Airport, known as the "10 minute airport’, because it's situated within five minutes drive from the Port Elizabeth CBD, the PE beaches, and other Port Elizabeth attractions. The whole family is welcome in Humewood accommodation (Sleeps 10 or More) and bring the family pet too, as Humewood Pets Allowed accommodation also welcomes your 'furry family'.
Guests will find superior PE accommodation in the following towns close to Humewood accommodation:
Port Elizabeth Humerail (1.6km from Humewood accommodation)
Known as a highly desirable PE suburb to visit, Humerail lies close to the Port Elizabeth beachfront, and within easy reach of Port Elizabeth golf courses.
Overnight in Star Graded Humerail Bed & Breakfast accommodation at Sir Roys at the Sea, where guests can experience panoramic views of the entire Nelson Mandela Bay, then shop, dine and gym at Humerail Waterfront Shopping Centre, which is sure to entertain the whole family!
Port Elizabeth Summerstrand (3.7km from Humewood accommodation)
This Eastern Cape beachfront suburb is just 7 minutes drive from Port Elizabeth beaches and the Boardwalk Casino entertainment and restaurant complex, and is just minutes away from Humewood Golf Course.
Overnight in Star Graded Summerstrand Bed & Breakfast accommodation just 60m from popular Port Elizabeth beaches, which also qualifies as Summerstrand accommodation (Pets Allowed), or stay in luxurious Summerstrand Boutique Hotel accommodation where red carpet treatment is standard issue. Summerstrand Self Catering accommodation is ideal for holiday makers, as well as business executives looking for quality, independent accommodation. Visit the WhereToStay Summerstrand accommodation page for more info on these Port Elizabeth accommodation options.
Port Elizabeth Walmer (6.6km from Humewood accommodation)
With its tree lined streets, the Eastern Cape, Port Elizabeth Walmer suburb is the ideal place to stay if you need to be in close proximity to PE Airport. Historical Walmer has roots that stretch back to the 1850's, and still today, some of Port Elizabeth's oldest, well established families live in this very up-market PE Walmer suburb. WhereToStay in Walmer? Visitors can experience Walmer's old world charm in luxurious PE Walmer accommodation. You can enjoy Star Graded Walmer Bed & Breakfast accommodation set in beautifully landscaped gardens within walking distance of PE Walmer Park Shopping Centre. Walmer Hotel accommodation invites you to experience a refreshing take on corporate and leisure accommodation, and for longer stays, Walmer Self Catering accommodation is the ideal getaway for families and long term corporate clients, who can relax in beautifully decorated units overlooking secluded, lush tropical Eastern Cape gardens. For all your Port Elizabeth Walmer options, see the WhereToStay Walmer accommodation page.
Port Elizabeth Mill Park (6.9km from Humewood accommodation)
There's a special quality to PE Mill Park with its many restored Victorian and Tudor-style mansions, which gives visitors the impression of having stepped back in time. Visitors to Mill Park will find Star Graded Mill Park Bed & Breakfast accommodation offering exclusivity, comfort and personalised service centrally located and within easy access to the Port Elizabeth Airport, shopping centres and PE beaches. In this Port Elizabeth suburb, business executives will find all they need in Mill Park Conference Venue accommodation.
Port Elizabeth Glendinningvale (7.4km from Humewood accommodation)
Less than 1km from Port Elizabeth Golf Club, commonly known as “The Hill”, lies the wooded, peaceful suburb of PE, Glendinningvale. Although Glendinningvale is virtually in the heart of the city of Port Elizabeth, it's also a quiet place where you can wake to the sound of birds in shady flourishing gardens. PE, Glendinningvale Bed & Breakfast accommodation invites guests to enjoy luxurious, private accommodation conveniently located within five minutes drive of the main PE beaches, and within walking distance of the PE Greenacres Shopping Centre. PE Glendinningvale B&B accommodation caters for those using wheelchairs, qualifying as Glendinningvale Wheelchair Friendly accommodation.
Visit The WhereToStay Humewood Accommodation Page.
WhereToStay makes a concerted effort to recruit a wide selection of suitable PE Humewood accommodation, particularly the more popular categories such as Humewood Bed & Breakfast accommodation and Humewood Self Catering accommodation.
Our aim is to present a mixture of upmarket Humewood accommodation, as well as affordable Humewood accommodation (to suit all pockets and tastes), especially for Self Catering accommodation in Humewood, which is a category more geared for family holiday accommodation in Humewood. Humewood Bed & Breakfast accommodation, and Humewood Hotel accommodation should be considered for business or holiday accommodation in Humewood (or in towns near Humewood).
We recommend that, if in doubt about accommodation quality, and to put your mind at ease, you should consider Star Graded accommodation in Humewood, See our Star Graded Humewood accommodation page. Be sure to check our other Special Categories including Humewood Pet Friendly accommodation and Humewood Sleeps 10 or More accommodation listed on the WhereToStay Humewood accommodation Special Categories page.
Afrikaans alternate search phrase - Humewood akommodasie or Humewood akomodasie.