Discovery Cape Times Big Walk
The Big Walk consists of 10 different routes which will start at 10 different points in the Cape Peninsula. All the routes will lead to the fields of Rhodes High School and the St Georges Grammer School.
The Big Walk is a well organised and greatly supported annual event. The whole family is invited to take part and enjoy the festivities of the day. The event is a wonderful way to support local charities. Last year the Discovery Cape Times Big Walk raised over a million rand for charity. The charities are the following: The Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA), Nazareth House, The Steenberg Foundation as well as additional charity projects.
- 80km St. Georges Grammar School / Miller's Point / St. Georges Grammar School
- 50km Fish Hoek / Miller's Point / St. Georges Grammar School
- 30km Simon's Town / St. Georges Grammar School
- 25km Fish Hoek /St. Georges Grammar School
- 20km Blouberg/St. Georges Grammar School
- Entrance fee for timed walks are R50 per person and has an age limit of 18 years old
- Non-timed walks:
- 15km Retreat/ St. Georges Grammar School
- 13km Green Point Park/St Georges Grammar School
- 11km Gugulethu/ St. Georges Grammar School
- 10km Cape Town City/St. Georges Grammar School
- 5km Newlands / St. Georges Grammar School
- Entrance fee for non timed walks, 15km, 13km, 11km and 10km are R40 per person and the 5km entrance fee is R30 per person
- The 80km and 50km have an age limit of 18 years old. All finishers will receive a commemorative medal. Entries open on 1 October 2011 until 31st October 2011 or until the entry limit is received.
- Visit www.bigwalk.co.za for starting times and general information. Entry forms are available through twenty-seven branches of Totalsports stores in the Western Cape, the Cape Times offices in St George's Mall or online at www.bigwalk.co.za
Blyplek @ Central Avenue was built in 1928 as part of the original Pinelands Garden Village, finished with lavish amounts of teak - panelling, doors and window frames. Over time, different families with different needs, have developed it .
WELCOME to BELVEDERE ON BARKLEY, a lovely Victorian house in the exclusive Silwood area of Rondebosch. It has two upmarket self-catering units with mountain views and is centrally located with easy access to the N2, M3, N1 and M5. Ideal for...
Little Scotia offers 15 tastefully decorated guest rooms, each with en-suite bathroom. Amenities in each room are aimed at maximising convenience and comfort for the guest. An attractive pool area and well maintained gardens await you. Whether ...
There are 4 tastefully decorated rooms with en-suite bathrooms. Each is fitted with all the amenities necessary to making sure their guests' needs are attended to. The Knight's are an impressive double act at breakfast, which is indulgent with ...
Rondebosch Place is a two bed-roomed, one bathroom self catering flat situated on the 5th floor in a secure apartment block in central Rondebosch with wonderful views, it is a spacious and light and bright flat.
Thatchwood Cottage is situated in Pinelands which offers a self contained cottage with its own entrance and secure off street parking. There is a swimming pool and tranquil garden where guests can relax.
Mulberry House is situated in the heart of Rondebosch with easy access to Cape Town Airport and the City centre freeway. It is walking distance to Newlands rugby and cricket grounds. Claremont shopping centre, Hospitals, the University and Kirsten...
Sorry, there are no results that meet all of your criteria.