The Albatros Guest House
The Albatros Guest House & Golf Tours
Situated within walking distance of the beach & bustling village, while at the same time in the middle of the notorious 'Golf Coast'.
From the pool deck or your own private balcony, you have an expansive 180° sea view, where you can relax and watch whales & dolphins which abound during the natural phenomenon of the annual sardine run, 'the greatest shoal on earth'.
Each of our luxury air-conditioned rooms has a full en-suite or private bathroom (shower & bath), TV, tea & coffee, and balcony with sea view. Breakfast is enjoyed on the deck in the mornings - a great way to start the day.
Children over 12 years are welcome.
Other facilities include a sauna, Jacuzzi, swimming pool, bar, pool table and undercover braai (barbecue) area.
If lazing around the pool is not for you, there is plenty to keep you busy
during your stay with us. Sandy beaches stretch for miles along the coast of the warm Indian ocean, which offers a variety of activities including safe, protected swimming, surfing, or scuba diving with the sharks at Protea Banks and Aliwal Shoal. Whale & dolphin watching boat trips, angling and deep sea fishing trips are also very popular.
For the avid golfer, the area boasts 6 of South Africa's top 100 golf courses
according to the Complete Golfer Rankings, which are guaranteed to test your skills & astound you with their scenery.
For the nature lover or adrenalin junkie, extreme adventures at the spectacular white river rafting - in season.
There are a host of restaurants & pubs, where you can enjoy a quick bite to eat or a leisurely evening meal. A visit to a crocodile farm, a flip in a microlite,
gambling at the Wild Coast Casino, arts & crafts, horse riding we have it all.
Rooms: All rooms have a private balcony with a beautiful ocean view. In-room facilities include aircon, tea/coffee facilities, select DSTV channels and king-sized beds.
Room 1 - Honeymoon/Executive suite with en-suite bathroom.
Room 2 - Standard double room with private bathroom across the passage.
Room 3 - Standard double room with private bathroom across the passage.
Room 4 - Standard double room with private bathroom.
Room 5 - Standard double room with lounge and en-suite bathroom.
Room 6 - Family room. Can sleep up to 4 adults or alternatively 3 adults and 2 children.
Room 7 - Standard double room with en-suite bathroom.
Room 8 - Standard double room with en-suite bathroom.
Room 9 - Standard double room with en-suite bathroom.
Room 10 - Honeymoon/Executive suite with en-suite bathroom.
Room 11 - Standard double room with en-suite bathroom.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- AA Superior Accommodation
- National Accommodation Association
- Tourism Grading - 4 Stars
- airport (less than 15km)
- airport transfers
- beach (less than 500m)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- DSTV in communal area
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- sauna/steam room onsite
- shark cage diving (less than 10km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- From Durban, travel south along the N2 toward Port Shepstone.
- Go through the toll at Oribi Plaza (near Port Shepstone) & continue south.
- Take the Margate/Uvongo off ramp.
- Turn left into Seaslopes Rd and continue until you get to a set of traffic lights at a T-junction.
- Turn right into Marine Drive, drive through Manaba Beach, towards Margate.
- As you enter Margate, Marine Drive will fork at a set of traffic lights (Sasol Petrol Station in the middle of the fork).
- Stay left along Marine Drive and follow the road past Margate Hotel, past Mr Price & STD Bank.
- Take first road right after Standard Bank, at Harvey World Travel (Ridge Road).
- Take first road left into Homestead Rd.
- The Albatros Guesthouse is no 20 Homestead Rd, situated on the right hand side of the road - look for high yellow wall.