Stumble Inn Game Lodge
Self Catering game lodge situated just 30 minutes from Pretoria, 1 hour from Johannesburg or 15 minutes from Cullinan. Once you are there, you are in the heart of the bush with wonderful Mountain views. You are free to walk and enjoy the game and bird life. Stumble Inn is malaria free and in winter it is at least 4 degrees warmer than Johannesburg.
Five self catering chalets sleeping a maximum of 20 people sharing.
Sleeps 2 in a double bed. This large room is split in two, the front half has a well equipped kitchen and dinning area together with the comfortable seating round the small wood burning stove (so nice for those cold winter evenings). The second half has the bed and a large bath. There is also a separate bathroom with a shower and a small dressing room. Outside is a private lapa with table, chairs and a braai. Mahogany is near to the pool and the water garden.
This is the family chalet which sleeps 6 in two bedrooms. The third room is a kitchen/living room with a well equipped kitchen and dinning area. There is also comfortable seating and a wood burning stove. The separate bathroom has a shower. There is a second shower outside together with a private lapa with table, chairs and a braai. Bougainvillea is also close to the pool.
This chalet also sleeps 2 in a similar layout to Mahogany. A well equipped kitchen with dinning area and in the separate sleeping area a double bed. The bathroom has a bath and outside there is a shower (really nice for those summer days). Boekenhaut is situated in very private position with gardens all round. The private lapa has table, chairs and a braai.
Bush Willow Chalet
A detached thatched chalet standing alone with wonderful views of the bush from the large picture window in the chalet. The private patio has a lapa with table, chairs and a braai. Just the place to sit and enjoy the views of the bush and the waterhole with the free roaming game coming to drink. Bush Willow sleeps 3 in a double and single bed and has a shower and a separate toilet and basin. The small kitchen is well equipped.
Wild Pear Chalet
This thatched chalet is really private as it stands alone in the bush completely out of sight of the other chalets. There is a bedroom with a double bed, a large living area with two single beds, a dinning area and comfortable seating. There is also a well equipped small kitchen. The bathroom has a shower. Outside there is seating and a braai and a large circular fireplace for a social fire. Wild Pear has its own small waterhole close by and is surrounded by the bush.
- All the chalets have their own parking
- All the chalets have their own entrances
- Tea and Coffee making facilities
- Towels and bedding provided
- All chalets have private braais
- Outdoor pool
- Free roaming game to view.
- Big 5 Reserve less than 20k away
- OK Supermarket less than 2k away
- Game Drives in the Dinokeng Big 5 Reserve
- Lion encounters
- Monkey park
- Horse Riding
- Quad Biking
- Cullinan for Shops and Restaurants
- Mine Tours
- adventure golf
- big game (less than 30km)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- communal pool
- fishing (less than 10km)
- fridge/ freezer
- game drives (less than 30km)
- horse riding (less than 50km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- nature trail onsite
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private entrance - outside rooms
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- Woodburning stoves
GPS: Lat 25° 31" 17' South, Long 28° 30" 27' East
APPROACH FROM JOHANNESBURG
- Take the N1 north to Pietersburg/Polokwane
- If in Pretoria Central, take Schoeman Street exit onto the N1 north to Pietersburg.
- If coming from the International Airport, take the R21, Pretoria/ Polokwane and then north onto the N1 - Polokwane
- On the second exit after N4/Pretoria central turnoff, turn left onto the Zambezi Drive off-ramp.
- Go through toll (pay R5.40)
- At traffic lights, turn right. (R513).
- At next traffic light turn left onto the R573. Signage says to Kwamhlange.
Drive approximately 32,4 Km
You will pass:
- Police Station (Kameeldrift) on left
- Roodeplaat Dam on right
- Signage to Wallmansthal
- Terrain will get more hilly (kloofs with decent rock formation)
- Kloof General Dealer (this shop is just 6,4Km away from our turnoff)
- Bass Lake and Zebra Lodge signs
- 2km after the Bass Lake and Zebra Lodge turnoff look for the Leeuwkloof Valley signs (2 boards on the R573) at the second sign turn left into the Valley. There is a Stumble Inn board at the entrance amongst others.
AT THE LEEUWKLOOF VALLEY CONSERVANCY
*** Drive down the ground road until the boom which is just before a T junction. There you will find our access control guard and he will ask your details and then allow you through the double gate. Bear left (You're now riding parallel to the tarred road, up the hill). At the top of the hill, turn right, Stumble Inn is on the left.***
If you have not found the correct ground road turnoff and you reach The OK Supermaket and Shell Garage at Wadrif, you've gone past our place - turn around and go back approximately 1Km and look for ***.