Spindrift Guest House
Spindrift is only a 1 minute walk to a lovely bathing beach yet uniquely situated
in a secluded,sub-tropical garden, surrounded by indigenous forest with abundant bird and wild life.
The Rainbird Family Unit comprises of 2 bedrooms, (1 queen, 1 twin, plus extra mattresses) sleeps 5. Separate lounge with DStv, a full bathroom with separate shower, a separate fully fitted kitchen opening onto a patio overlooking the sea. All the rooms have magnificent sea views.
The Kingfisher Family Unit 2 comprises of 2 bedrooms (queen and twin beds) extra mattress available. Full bathroom with sep shower. Upstairs Open Plan lounge and fully fitted kitchen opening onto large patio with a built in braai overlooking the sea.
The Lourie Garden Cottage comprises of one bedroom with a queen bed, a large en-suite modern shower/toilet and basin. It has a med, fully fitted kitchen opening into the lounge with DStv. In the lounge there is a couch, which converts into a decent double bed at night, (suitable for 2 children or 1 adult). The lounge opens into the garden overlooking the indigenous bush. There is a small view of the sea from both rooms.
All units supplied with everything except beach towels.
They are fully serviced Mon - Sat between 8am – 12pm.
Sundays on request for an additional fee.
Dolphins and whales frequently seen from August to January.
7mins drive from Umhlanga Rocks, Gateway Shopping Centre, Hospital and Casino. Close to 6 golf courses. 10kms to King Shaka Airport
- 7 Restaurants
- 2 Supermarkets
- Bottle store
- Spar shop
- Beauty shop
- Doctors rooms
- Secure, undercover parking
- Distance entry 20mins from uShaka Marine World
- 10kms to King Shaka Airport
- Beach (180m)
- Car hire (7km)
- Casino (3km)
- Fishing (less than 1km)
- Laundry facilities (less than 1km)
- Movies / cinema (7km)
- Restaurant (less than 1km)
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- Member of TripAdvisor
- National Accommodation Association
- Trip Advisor Certificate Of Excellence 2013
- Trip Advisor Certificate Of Excellence 2014
- Trip Advisor Certificate Of Excellence 2015
- TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence 2016
- TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence 2017
- Tourism Grading - 3 Stars
- airport transfers
- beach (less than 500m)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- casino (less than 10km)
- DSTV in room
- fishing (less than 3km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- live entertainment (less than 3km)
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave in unit
- parking all onsite
- private entrance
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- whale watching (less than 10km)
- whale watching onsite
- wi-fi / hotspot
Directions to Spindrift
From Gauteng and the North
On the N3 approaching Durban take the N2 North ( just after the Pavillion shopping center in Westville )
Stay on the N2 passing off ramps to Umgeni Rd, Kwamashu/Inanda, Umhlanga Rocks.
About 12 + Kms further take the Umdloti off ramp. At the bottom turn right and follow the road right to the end for about 2kms.
At the traffic circle turn right into South Beach Rd and drive along until you reach Fifth Ave. Turn right and follow the signs "Spindrift" right up to the top for about 180metres and we are the last driveway on the left No 10 Fifth Ave, in the indigenous forest.
From King Shaka Airport
Take Exit N2 (S) Durban, drive about 3.5kms to Toll Plaza (Durban)
Now drive about 1.5kms and take the next off ramp on the left, sign posted Umdloti/Verulam
Turn left at top of off ramp into M27 and drive to the very end of the road about 2km
When you reach the traffic circle turn right into South Beach Rd and drive along the beach side until you reach Fifth Ave. Follow the signs "Spindrift" to the top for about 180metres and we are the last driveway on the left in the indigenous forest.( Number 10, Fifth Ave.)
- Payment Methods
- American Express
- Bed Configuration
- Kingfisher Family Unit (Sleeps 4) x 1
- Room 1 - queen
- Room 2 - twin
- Lourie Garden Cottage (Sleeps 4) x 1
- Room 1 - queen, double
- Rainbird Family Unit (Sleeps 4) x 1
- Room 1 - queen
- Room 2 - twin
- Special Categories
- Star Graded Accommodation