Situated in the Central Drakensberg World Heritage zone, Shiriba farm is a 50 acre, privately owned property in the heart of the Champagne Valley. It's a dream in the making. A few years ago we decided to downscale and move to the country to live a simpler life. Being eco-friendly and self sufficient is our primary objective.
Honeystone Cottage is a romantic hideaway for two which is private and secluded with views of the Berg as well as a dam teaming with birdlife. It comprises of a quaint stone and thatch double storey build - perfect for those who want to escape to the quietness of nature for awhile. Upstairs the spacious bedroom offers a deliciously comfortable kingsize bed or optional two single beds and flaunts lovely views of the mountains, surrounding countryside and dam. Downstairs this self catering unit offers a fully equipped open plan kitchen with gas/electric stove and a fridge freezer large enough for those extra supplies. The kitchen opens to the lounge dining area which boasts a cosy fireplace for the cool winter nights. A well appointed modern bathroom has both bath and shower. From ground level, double doors open out to the garden, braai and splash pool. The wooden deck invites you for sundowners whilst the evening dam-life puts on the entertainment. There is a canoe available for those who want to get closer to the action. A shaded carport solves the sun and hail challenges.
Included in the inventory are the following: Linen (including towels and swimming towels), microwave, oil heater, mosquito net, overhead fan and extra blankets. A range of incidentals is also included. Ice in the freezer, hair dryer, umbrella, torch, a safe for valuables and a basket of wood. Extra wood is available for sale at the main house. A midweek service and linen change is provided. Regret no children unless by prior arrangement. No pets.
Firefly Cottage has two ensuite bedrooms an open plan kitchen, diningroom and lounge which has a central fireplace. A spacious verandah on which to enjoy the superb mountain views or just sit and enjoy the birdlife on and around the dam. The cottage is fully equipped with linen (including towels), extra blankets, gas/electric stove, fridge freezer, microwave, tea and coffee facilities.There is a braai area and a large firepit.
REGRET NO CHILDREN UNDER 10 years.
Places to visit and things to do within a few kilometres:
- Cedarwood Supermarket and Liquor Store is situated across the road from Champagne Sports Resort; alternatively Winterton is about 22km away.
- Petrol is available at Champagne Sports and Dragons Peak.
- Golf - 18 holes at Champagne Sports Resort (rated in top 30 by Complete Golfer) and 9 holes at Monks Cowl.
- Drakensberg Boys Choir concerts.
- Choice of Restaurants/Coffee Shops.
- Horse riding.
- Tennis Bowls and Fishing.
- Scenic Helicopter Flights.
- See locals weaving rugs atKwaZulu Weavers and treat yourself at the Wafflehut
- Battlefield Tours.
- Bird of Prey shows.
- Reptile Centre
- Short mountain walks or even guided hikes of the 'Big Five' mountain trails, including Sterk Horn, Giants Castle, Injisuthi and Matterhorn
- Walks to Bushman Paintings and numerous hiking routes.
- Arts, crafts and curios.
- Bellpark Dam or Spionkop Dam Nature reserve with picnic spots and game viewing.
- Clay Pigeon Shooting, River Rafting and Quad Biking.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- Bushmans River Tourism Association Member
- Okhahlamba Drakensberg Community Tourism Organisation
- bar fridge
- big game (less than 30km)
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- DSTV in room (bring card)
- fishing (less than 3km)
- fishing onsite
- game drives (less than 30km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- lake onsite
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- lock-up safe
- microwave in unit
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- nature trail onsite
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- radio in room
- reptile park (less than 20km)
- rock art (less than 20km)
- tea / coffee making facilities