Sungubala is a Mountain Lodge situated in the Northern Drakensberg of KwaZulu-Natal. This unique Lodge of 3 self catering cottages and a Bush Camp, is situated on 500ha of pristine wilderness.
All the cottages are individual standing units with en-suite bathrooms. Two thatched cottages with shower and one bedroom (one double bed and two singles) - maximum 4 guests. Two thatched cottages with shower and one bedroom (one double bed and ...
The Cavern is set in a secluded valley beneath the massive sandstone cliffs of the Northern Drakensberg. The thatch accommodation and facilities blend beautifully with the natural surroundings of the area. The Cavern is home to numerous Bushman paintings,
Little Switzerland really is something special, from the beautifully manicured grounds, to the main building with authentic thatched roofing and local wood framings and furnishings, each with stories of their own.
Only one self catering cabin high up in the mountains on an easy 4x4 track. You are assured privacy in an unspoiled part of the berg. Indigenous forests, cape vulture nesting site, fly fishing, crystal clear streams, rock pools, unsurpassed views
The living and dining area leading out onto the sundeck offers breathtaking views on the whole valley. The kitchen is fully equipped with cutlery and crockery with a scullery, gas stove and gas fridge. The bath room is equipped with a gas geyser. ...
Dumbe- where the Voortrekkers entered Natal on their trek to the Drakensberg - an escarpment of history. This stone and thatch 2-sleeper lodge offers accommodation with breathtaking views of times gone by. (One double bed.) Eskom Power is provided...
Accommodation is in two comfortable rooms in the cabin which is environmentally friendly. Power and hot water are derived from a solar generating system and cooking is on clean gas stoves. There are lovely outside lapa's for braai's, one at the ...
MacFarlanes' picturesque setting on the bank of a large lake offers self catering accommodation for up to 14 guests. Warm hospitality and a beautiful countryside await our guests and their pets.
Mont-aux-Sources Holidays - Drakensberg & Surroundings, KwaZulu Natal
Click here for Mont-aux-Sources Accommodation
Mont-Aux-Sources, Drakensberg, lies high on the north-east edge of the Drakensberg Mountain Range, where the mountains rise majestically towards the sky in a massive amphitheatre of imposing rock. The Drakensberg amphitheatre is an impressive 5km wall of rock of which Mont-Aux-Sources is a part, and although Mont-Aux-Sources itself is a large and rather unspectacular bulging rock squatting on the rim of the Drakensberg, it's a thing of spectacular beauty. Regarded as one of the highest Drakensberg mountains, Mont-Aux-Sources offers climbers an intimidating challenge with access to the Mont-Aux-Sources summit only via two chain ladders, then rewards them with an astounding view of the Tugela Falls, the second highest waterfall in the world, that falls about 3000 metres in five cascades. Flowing from Mont-Aux-Sources is the Tugela River, KwaZulu-Natal's largest river, as well as several tributaries of the 2000km long Orange River, on its journey westward to the Atlantic Ocean.
Mont-Aux-Sources Drakensberg is said to be "close to Heaven", and a visit to this magical part of the Drakensberg is the ultimate getaway, with plenty of outdoor activities to keep the whole family busy:
- Fly-fish for both rainbow and brown trout in the Royal Natal National Park.
- Hike the Drakensberg peaks which include Mont-aux-Sources, The Sentinel, Inner Tower, Eastern Buttress and Devil’s Tooth.
- Horse ride, and enjoy unspoilt scenery in the Drakensberg Mountains.
- Golf at the Amphitheatre Golf Club overlooking the magnificent amphitheatre.
Visit towns near Mont-Aux-Sources, Drakensberg:
- Putterill Valley (13.1km from Mont-Aux-Sources), is an ideal stepping off point for hikes to such wonderful places as Thonsela Cave, Cannibal Cavern, Echo Cave and Sungubala.
- Little Switzerland (22.5km from Mont-Aux-Sources), lies at the southern end of the Drakensberg Oliviershoek Pass.
- Oliviershoek Pass Area (24.5km from Mont-Aux-Sources), is a mass of deep dark pine forest that overlooks the Northern Drakensberg Royal Natal National Park
- Bergville (43km from Mont-Aux-Sources) is known as the gateway to the Central Drakensberg area, ideally situated for horse riding, river rafting, trout fishing and birding at the Drakensberg Cathedral Peak.
- Geluksburg (55.2km from Mont-Aux-Sources) is an enchanting and isolated mountain getaway destination.