Regrettably NO All-male groups or Bachelors parties.
Just 90 minutes from King Shaka International Peace Cottage is a secure, spacious, self-catering holiday home that sleeps 8 people in 4 comfortable bedrooms. The house has a 180 degree uninterrupted view of the Indian Ocean as well as a swimming pool with built-in braai and a shaded patio off the living area. Besides the choice of wonderful South Coast beaches nearby, there is host of activities available in the area such as: 10 golf courses (some highly rated); a country club which has squash, tennis, bowls and golf; charter boats offering dolphin/whale watching, deep-sea fishing and diving; Oribi Gorge, offering abseiling, bungee-jumping and hiking and Lake Eland Nature Reserve which is ideal for mountain-bikers and lovers of nature.
Peace Cottage boasts:
- a 180 degree uninterrupted sea view.
- sleeps 8 people in 4 comfortable bedrooms(2 en-suite) a 3rd separate bathroom.
- swimming pool with a built in braai for those long summer days on the South Coast of KZN.
- ideal for 2 families.
- fully equipped kitchen with microwave and double door fridge.
- a shaded deck off the living area provides a perfect place for sundowners, whilst gazing out over the warm Indian Ocean.
- Colour television with satellite - select DSTV channels.
- DVD/CD/radio player.
- House is serviced by a maid on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday, for the owner's account. The maid is also available to work over the weekend.
- NO pets allowed.
Umtentweni Beach, a mere 2 kilometres from Peace Cottage offers a safe swimming and surfing beach with Lifeguards, plus a tidal pool.
The Port Shepstone Golf Course is 1,5 kilometres from the cottage and the local Spar Centre which includes 'Jaxx', a high quality Family restaurant, a mere 1 kilometre away.
Bed linen is supplied, but guests are asked to bring beach and bath towels.
Maid is available to service the house on Monday, Wednesday and Friday (for owner's account). Should her services be required over the weekend (Saturday and/or Sunday), tenants are responsible for payment of her daily wage (direct to maid).
Security includes an alarm, panic buttons, garden beams and a double lock-up garage for cars and surfing / fishing equipment.
The open-plan lounge-dining room boasts a flat screen TV and the scullery has a washing machine and tumble-drier - to be operated by the maid only!
Peace Cottage is the perfect accommodation for :
- Family holidays and weekend getaways.
- Business women/men (overnight accommodation).
- Golfing groups (9 premier golf courses within close proximity).
A holiday at Peace Cottage in Umtentweni will be an unforgettable experience.
Directions to Peace Cottage - (17 Chaka's Road Umtentweni)
- Travel from Durban to South Coast on N2 for +/- 115 km's.
- Pass Hibberdene offramp - travel for a further 25 km's.
- Next offramp - Port Shepstone North / St. Faiths ext 51 - bear left. Pay at toll.
- Stop Street - Turn left
- Travel for +/- 4 km's to robot - turn right onto R102 Port Shepstone.
- Robot - Turn right and immediate left into Old St. Faiths Road. Jaxx restaurant will be on your right. (Sign board "Peace Cottage").
- Take 1st road right - Umgazi Road (Sign board "Peace Cottage").
- Take 1st road left - Chakas Road. (Sign board "Peace Cottage").
- No 17 = last house on right.
- Before No 17, turn right up the pan handle - first gate on the left is Peace Cottage Unit 1. Hoot and Maria, housekeeper, will open the gate for you.
- GPS Co-ordinates
Latitude 30° 43' 40.94" South
Longitude 30° 27' 48.28" East