Located on a very quiet stretch of KZN's South Coast, midway between Port Shepstone and Hibberdene, this house provides the ideal seaside holiday. Besides a stunning sea view, the beach is a mere 40 metres away. Within minutes the entire family can pursue their own favourite activity, be it rock & surf fishing, swimming (Banana Beach is a flagged beach with lifesavers on duty throughout high season, and over weekends throughout the year), surfing, snorkelling, paddling in the large tidal pool, taking tranquil walks along the beach and clusters of rocks and pools, or chilling at home on the patio in the shade of the giant milkwood trees, watching the frolicking whales and dolphins in the warm waters of the Indian Ocean.
Besides immediate access to Banana Beach, PawPaw Place is also very close to 3 of KZN's 7 Blue Flag Beaches. Southport Beach, a little over 5 km's to the south, Umzumbe Beach, approximately 5 km's to the north, as well as Hibberdene's Beach, 11 km's to the north, have all been awarded Blue Flag status.
PawPaw Place is in close proximity to a variety of other pursuits, including seven well known golf courses (the closest being Port Shepstone - 12 minutes, Selborne, Umdoni and Margate - 20 to 25 minutes), a ski boat slipway (3 km's), deep sea angling charters, nature and game reserves, the Oribi Gorge, amongst others.
As for the necessities, large supermarket & shopping facilities are available in either Port Shepstone or Hibberdene, a mere 12-15 minutes by car. The more serious shopper could venture 5 minutes further to the Shelley Shopping Centre.
PawPaw Place is a solid double storey house, with large windows and a viewing/sun deck on the roof. The facilities on the upper floor have a breaker view of the Indian Ocean, including the patio, the family room, the kitchen, the dining room and the main en suite bedroom. A second en suite bedroom and third bedroom, are on the ground floor. Parking facilities (alarmed) are available on the property.
- Open family room and dining area with sea view.
- Long, shaded and sheltered patio with spectacular sea view.
- Viewing/sun deck on top of roof with 360 degree view (north view overlooks tropical estuarial forest and rolling hills of sugarcane crops)
- Well equipped kitchen, large serving hatch with sea view.
- Main bedroom (queen bed) en suite bathroom (bath,shower,toilet), with sea view
- Two bunk beds for children off family room
- 3rd bathroom (shower,toilet)
- 2nd bedroom (queen bed) en suite bathroom (bath,shower,toilet)
- 3rd bedroom, with 1 single bed and 1 large sturdy double bunk
- Entrance hall
- External laundry facilities available 5 mins up the road
- Braai facilities available
- Outdoor shower - cold
- Linen, duvets, rugs supplied
- Bath (not beach) towels supplied. Important to bring your own beach towels.
- All rooms have overhead fans
- Fridges, electric stove, microwave
- TV - flatscreen DSTV (all bouquets - optional)
- Pets allowed - subject to clarification with owner
- Undercover alarmed parking for 3 cars
- House fully alarmed to security response company
- House to be cleaned and serviced by staff provided, during guest stay.
- Separate staff accommodation is available on the property.
* with more than 21 days notice prior to arrival date 75% of reservation value refund.
* between 7 and 21 days notice prior to arrival date 50% of reservation value refund.
* less than 7 days notice prior to arrival date no refund, with exception of breakage deposit.
Arrival & Departure Times
Arrival time: 15h00 (earlier times can be arranged, subject to confirmation)
Departure Time: (later times can be arranged, subject to confirmation)
Terms Of Payment
* 50% of quotation required to confirm booking, balance payable 7 days prior to arrival.
* R1500 breakage deposit, payable prior to arrival, to be refunded within 10 days of departure. The deposit will be forfeited (or part thereof) in the case of actual breakages, damage to any part of infrastructure, including locks & keys, as well as in the case of the number of people staying, exceeding the number of people booked, in the original reservation.
* discounted rates available for parties less than 5 people (does not apply to peak season)
* maximum 9 people
* low season, mid week bookings - 3 night minimum stay
* Mandatory cleaning & servicing of house by staff provided, during guest stay. Frequency and cost of clean dependent of number of guests, to be confirmed prior to guest visit.
* DSTV available - Full DSTV premium bouquet R31 per day. Lesser bouquets available at published DSTV rates.