The NOMAX BEACH HOUSE is a comfortable spacious family getaway home situated in the sought after area of Ballito - Thompsons Bay Beach only 2.2km from Salt rock Hotel & Salt Rock caravan park. Boasting uninterrupted beach & sea views this home has it all to make your stay a relaxing memorable holiday! Sea views from all 5 sea facing bedrooms. The main en-suite & 2nd lounge lead onto a covered patio where one can enjoy peace & tranquility watching the ocean waves. The large swimming pool makes an ideal entertainment area & the thatched gazebo is the perfect spot to enjoy sundowners overlooking the beach. The adjacent grassed vacant land provides additional playing area for children or parking.
Full DSTV facilities are available in the 2 lounges & wifi is provided. There is full security with electric fence, alarm system & automated entrance gates. There is a live in domestic helper so it is fully serviced except for Sundays & public holidays.
Thompsons Bay Beach offers safe bathing with life guards all year round. A huge popular tidal pool offering calmer swimming conditions. Picking muscles, fishing, crayfish diving, surfing are a few of the popular activities available
There is nothing more beautiful, tranquil & romantic than watching a full moon rise over the ocean, & the thatched gazebo offers the perfect spot from where one can relax, enjoy sundowners & appreciate this beauty!
The Nomax Beach House is owned by a huge family (10 children!), so this home is ideal for large families with ample space for children to run, play & swim. The large swimming pool makes an ideal entertainment area & the thatched gazebo is the perfect spot to enjoy sundowners overlooking the beach. The adjacent grassed vacant land provides additional playing area for children or parking.
5 sea facing bedrooms: 3 upstairs being 1 main en suite with king size bed & full bathroom with the other 2 bedrooms having a queen bed in one & 2 single beds in the other sharing a separate shower, bathroom & toilet. The ground floor has 2 bedrooms also with a queen & 2 single beds sharing separate shower, bathroom & toilet.
We have comfortable bedding with luxurious cotton percale linen. Bath towels are provided, but please bring your own beach towels.
For your convenience: Tea, Coffee, Sugar & basic spices are provided & fresh milk on arrival. There is an initial supply of toilet paper & hand soap.
Fantastic home away from home! Beautiful position and so well appointed. We loved every minute of being here and will definitely be making this a regular home holiday! Thanx Nomax House!
Debbie Celliers (Dec 2015)
Nomax Beach House is located in a fantastic location, unbeatable views for an unforgettable holiday. We felt relaxed as soon as we arrived! Elizabeth has been brilliant and made the stay so much easier.
Jacques Potgieter (March 2016)
An amazing house, spectacular location and it suited our needs perfectly! Thanks to Denise, Elizabeth and Sibusiso for looking after us so well. We hope to visit again one day.
Geoff Taylor (Feb 2016)
We had the most enjoyable week at Nomax House. The beach was right in front of us and we didn't have to go anywhere by car. The house was very comfortable for our three families and we felt at home right away. Lovely fresh white linen and comfortable beds. The property is very secure, well maintained with beautiful gardens. Elizabeth, the housekeeper, looked after us so well and made it a home away from home. She even took on babysitting our kids one evening so we could have an adult dinner out! Thank you so much for a wonderful break. We really do hope we will return one day.
Andrea Koch (Cape Town)- 24 June - 1 July 2016
Beautiful house in a magnificent location. The house has everything you could possibly need. Easy beach access, fenced pool, massive maintained garden and daily cleaning made this the perfect stay for us with our small children. I can't wait to go and visit again
CHRISTIE: MARCH 2017
Beautiful place right on the beach. Stunning views from bedrooms. Fully equipped with absolutely everything you need. Perfect swimming beach and tidal jool just below. We will definitely be back and would highly recommend.
LISA: MAY 2017
We had an amazing time at the Nomax Beach House. The ocean views are exceptional. The house catered to all our needs, including that of our young sons and my parents. The house was clean and well serviced daily. We spent a very happy four days at the beach house. We hope to have another opportunity to return.
YVONNE : JULY 2017
Stunning location, unforgettable scenic views, felt like we were at a private resort. Very peaceful. Property and garden is well kept. Extremely tidy and clean, which is what I look for and appreciate most.
KAMANIE : FEB 2018
Great place with fantastic staff and Host.
RYAN : FEB 2018
Take N2 North from Durban King Shaka Airport. Take the Chakas Rock off ramp (after Ballito), turn right over the highway. Head all way down to T-Junction, turn right. Approximately 1km & 85 Ocean Drive is on the left - next door to the complex "Marichel".
Take N2 North from Durban King Shaka airport. Take the Ballito off ramp, turn right at the traffic light going over the N2. Keep straight through all the traffic lights until the circle at the BP Garage, turn left. Straight at the next circle taking you past the Ballito Bay Mall on your left going down Simbithi Drive. At the bottom of the road at the T-Junction you turn left going into Ocean Drive. Approximately 400m & No 85 is on your right.
From the beach house one can clearly see Chakas Rock also known as "High Rock" which is a popular fishing spot for many. From the tidal pool you can walk through the "Hole In the Wall", taking you to a smaller quieter beach. A picturesque hike is to go from Thompsons Bay tidal pool to Ballito via the beach, enjoy a swim in the natural rock pool nestled amongst the rocks. This can only be done over low tide. Ballito is well known for its' promenade which is an enjoyable walk from Thompsons.
For the young & old there are a number of places & activities all of which are close or a short drive away: Flag Farm Animal Farm, Ndlondlo Reptile Park, Quadbiking Trails with Sky trails, The Crocodile Creek, Zip Lining, Cycling & Mountain Biking at Holla Trails, Micro-Light flights, Golfing, Horse Riding, deep sea fishing, scuba diving...
If shopping is your scene, a short drive away is the Ballito business area boasting 3 shopping centres, offering numerous restaurants & coffee shops. Salt Rock shopping centre is close by & on many weekends there are top class markets in this vicinity offering top class food, handmade art & crafts & entertaining live music - thoroughly enjoyed by the locals & tourists!
Umhlanga Rocks is only a half hour drive away where there is Gateway Shopping Centre - one of the largest shopping centres in southern Africa. Ster Kinekor movies & Cinema Nouveau are offered here.
In the event of premature departure, we may charge for the full original booking.
0 - 14 days before date of arrival, or no-show - visitor forfeits 100% of deposit paid.
15 - 28 days before arrival - visitor forfeits 75% of deposit paid or 25% of full quote value (whichever greater).
29+ days before date of arrival - visitor forfeits 50% of deposit or 25% of full quote value(whichever greater)
On receipt of a written instruction to cancel, I will refund the applicable amount as determined by the cancellation terms as stipulated, within 5 working days. A 4.5% administration fee will be levied on any refunds processed.
Arrival & Departure Times
Arrival time: from 2pm onwards
Terms Of Payment
Please note that there is an additional refundable breakage deposit of R3000.
Self-catering and servicing of the apartment every day except Sunday's and Public Holidays.
Conditions of Letting
1. Charges applicable to any accommodation are as follows:
a. Rental - tariff as quoted which includes all linen services and out cleans
b. Breakage Deposit - R3000.00(refundable)
2. Bookings will only be confirmed on receipt of a 50% deposit of the rental plus all other charges.
3. Balance of rental is due 7 days before arrival. Should payment not be honoured for any reason whatsoever keys shall not be given or left out. You will also be liable for such legal costs on an attorney and own client scale, including any tracing agent fees and shall bear interest at the rate of 25% (twenty five percent) per annum from date of such dishonourment.
4. Deposits are not refundable unless the accommodation is re-let for the full period minus a R500.00 cancellation fee.
5. Should refunds to a Swift bank account be required, an additional R400 charge will be levied
6. NOMAX BEACH HOUSE reserves the right to substitute similar accommodation should the unit booked not be available for any reason whatsoever.
7. The maximum number of persons occupying the unit must not exceed the number of beds. Should we find that more people are being accommodated than allowed (i.e. the number of persons occupying the flat/house must not exceed the number of beds), please be advised that we have the right to ask you to leave, Forfeiting your rental.
8. Linen is supplied. We are not equipped with toiletries.
9. Should TV sets or electrical appliances go faulty during your stay, we will endeavour to have them repaired or replaced as soon as possible. However, no reduction in rent will be allowed for delays beyond our control.
10. Pets are not allowed under any circumstances
11. Students are not allowed unless accompanied by an adult for the duration of their stay. Should we find students staying without adult supervision they shall be evicted with immediate effect.
12. Tenants may take occupation from 14h00 onwards and the accommodation is to be vacated by 10h00 on the date of departure. These times are stipulated in order to facilitate the necessary cleaning services. Please note that during Peak Season, due to it being so busy, we ask our tenants to please be patient with regards to any delays.
13. Guests attend this establishment at their own risk. The Proprietor, ("the Proprietor") shall not be liable for, and the guest/s hereby waive/s and abandon/s any claims of whatever nature including but not limited to that for theft, injury, loss or damage of whatever nature, against the Proprietor, whether arising from the Proprietor's default, negligence or otherwise. The guest/s, in addition to the aforesaid, hereby indemnify the Proprietor against any claims which may arise from whatever nature, whether arising from the Proprietor's default, negligence or otherwise.
14. On departure please close windows & lock up patio furniture & Braai inside the garage. Alarm systems must be activated on departure. The TV needs to be kept on due to humidity.
15. A cleaning service is available on a daily, weekly or monthly basis with the exception of Public Holidays and Sundays. The service includes vacuuming, mopping floors, dishes, Cleaning patios, dusting, emptying of rubbish bins, Cleaning of bathrooms and making of beds.
16. No sub-letting is allowed.
17. The Breakage Deposit will be paid by approx. 14 days following departure. Breakage deposits are NOT held in an interest bearing account. PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL BREAKAGES AND/OR DAMAGES WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM BREAKAGE DEPOSIT.