Hluhluwe River Lodge
Location: Hluhluwe River Lodge is situated near the town of Hluhluwe overlooking the western shore
of Lake St Lucia. The lodge has a wonderful lake view and is situated in a pristine indigenous forest
GPS co ordinates: 28*1'39.41"S / 32*20'57.43"E (route GPS via Hluhluwe town)
Nearest airport: Richards Bay / 100kms
Number of chalets: 12
Chalet Types: 8 twins, 2 Family open plan with 4 beds, 2 luxury honeymoon.
Restaurant and Bar: Meals served, breakfast and dinner. Lunch is an optional extra.
Recommended Activities at Hluhluwe River lodge
Hluhluwe River lodge is a short drive or bicycle ride from the entrance of the False Bay Park entrance to the iSimangaliso Wetland Park which is a Ramsar World Heritage Site. The Park is ideal for exploring on foot or on bicycles that can be rented at Hluhluwe River Lodge. There are 3 recommended walking trails of varying distances that cover the rare sand forest and beautiful lake shore of this unique and scenically rich conservation area. There is a variety of game and bird life that can be encountered in this safe haven of solitude and tranquillity. Guided walks can be arranged. There are several wonderful picnic sites along the shoreline. Picnic lunches and a blanket can be ordered at the lodge along with a ice cooler for drinks.
Daily game drives to the famous Hluhluwe iMfolozi Park can be booked at the lodge. The lodge recommends guests to drive themselves to the Memorial Gate entrance to the park where their Safari operator will meet them with an open safari vehicle. Self drive trips are also highly recommended particularly in the winter months from April to October when the grass is short and foliage is sparse. Hluhluwe iMfolozi Park is a major draw-card to the region offering visitors a chance to see the "Big 5" in this vast 97 000 hectare reserve.Game reserves Attractions and Recommended Day Trips.
- Hluhluwe iMfolozi Park - 30 minutes away. Self drive or book an open vehicle safari and meet the operator at Memorial Gate.
- False Bay Park - 10 minutes away. Self guided walking trails or book a guide to meet you at the entrance gate.
- Sodwana Bay - 1 hour away. Beautiful beaches, snorkelling, swimming, scuba diving and fishing charters.
- St Lucia - 1 hour away. Estuary Hippo, Crocodile and Birding launch tours. Whale watching, turtle and dolphin tours in season.
- Cape Vidal and the coastal reserve - 1 hour away. Game viewing and beaches, swimming, snorkelling and beach walks.
Main Visitor Attractions in the area:
- Bayete Elephant Interaction - 45 minute drive
- Zulu Croc - snake and croc park - 15 minutes drive
- Emdoneni Cheetah Interaction - 25 minutes drive
- Ilala Weavers - basket weaving and museum - 10 minute drive
- Indigenous Kreationz coffee shop - 10 minutes drive
- Tunga Studio - community embroidery project - 10 minutes drive
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- Tourism Grading - 4 Stars
- air conditioner (all units)
- bar fridge (some units)
- bar/cocktail lounge
- braai/barbeque (some units)
- electronic safe
- lake (less than 5km)
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- nature trail onsite
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- reptile park (less than 20km)
- restaurant onsite
- tea / coffee making facilities
- wi-fi / hotspot
- Payment Methods
- American Express
- Diners Club
- EFT / Bank Transfer
- Languages Spoken At Establishment
- Special Categories
Interesting Place Accommodation
detailsWhy is your establishment interesting?
Detail description : Upon request, we offer guided walks into False Bay Park which includes forest and lake shore experiences where the focus is on the little details and magic of our greatest asset, the Sand Forest.
Quad/4x4/Bike Trails Accommodation
detailsThe following apply
Bring your own bicycle Bicycles to hire Bicycle set trails Bicycle - free to explore Bring your own quad bike Quad bikes to hire Quad bike set trails Quad bikes – free to explore Bring your own off-road motorcycle Off-road motorcycles to hire Off-road motorcycle set trails Off-road motorcycle – free to explore 4x4 vehicle set trails 4x4 vehicle – free to explore
- Star Graded Accommodation
Hluhluwe River Lodge appears in the following sections:
Hluhluwe Game Reserve And Bush Lodge Accommodation • Hluhluwe Bed & Breakfast Accommodation • Hluhluwe Quad/4x4/Bike Trails Accommodation • Hluhluwe Interesting Place Accommodation • Hluhluwe Star Graded Accommodation • Hluhluwe Guest House Accommodation