Goodey's Guesthouse is situated in the beautiful Jacaranda-lined Amos Street in the tranquil suburb of Colbyn - one of Pretoria's oldest suburbs. Whether you visit Pretoria as a tourist, businessman, student, teacher, researcher or diplomat, it offers you the perfect location to explore the Capital City and its surroundings. It is within easy reach of the following:
Universities & schools: Very close to the University of Pretoria, Afrikaans Hoër Seuns & Meisies, Pretoria Boys & Girls High and within 10 minutes' drive from UNISA.
Sporting facilities: Very close to LC de Villiers and the High Performance Centre of the University of Pretoria and only minutes away from Loftus Versfeld.
Research Institutions: About 5-10 minutes' drive from the CSIR and the Innovation Hub.
Embassies: Opposite the Polish Embassy and the High Commission of Botswana, within walking distance from the embassies of Southern Sudan, Croatia and Madagascar. Close to all embassies and missions situated in Hatfield, Brooklyn, Arcadia and Bryntirion.
Hospitals: Within walking distance from the Urological Hospital and only minutes away from the Eye Institute, Heart Hospital and Little Company of Mary.
Restaurants and nightlife: Hatfield is a hive of activity during the day and at night, with restaurants, clubs, pubs; the lively heart of the city where the young and young-at-heart meet. The newly renovated Brooklyn Lifestyle Centre is about 5 km away.
Historical and other sites: The Union Building, Voortrekker Monument, Freedom Park, Pretoria CBD, Pretoria Zoo and the Botanical Gardens are all within easy access from the Guesthouse.
Government Departments: The spectacular DEPARTMENT OF INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS AND COOPERATION is just 5 minutes' drive away.
Highways and byways: The N1 & N4 highways, the one linking the game farms of Limpopo province with Gauteng and beyond and the latter linking Mpumalanga with Sun City in the North-West province, are a few minutes' drive away and a trip to or from OR Tambo International Airport will take approximately half an hour.
A variety of accommodation options
Goodey's Guesthouse offers you six well equipped, stylish en-suite bedrooms, consisting of:
- An upstairs superior room (room no 1)with spa-bath, shower, bidet and own balcony. An additional bed can be arranged upon request.
- Two upstairs luxury twin rooms (rooms no 3 & 4)with showers, each with own balcony
- One downstairs luxury family room with separate entrance. An additional bed can be arranged upon request.
- One upstairs family room (room no 3) with bath and shower. It has its own balcony. An additional bed can be arranged upon request.
- One downstairs twin room (room no 5) with shower over bath. It has a separate entrance.
All rooms are equipped with:
- single or twin extra length beds (apart from one twin room with two normal length single beds)
- tea/coffee making facility
- hair dryers
- flat screen TV's with DSTV bouquets
- air conditioners (hot & cold)
- electronic safe
- mini bar fridge
- high thread count linen
- bathroom heaters
- bathroom extractor fans
- shower columns
- towels and toiletries
- writing desk
- housekeeping on daily basis
All rooms are non-smoking rooms, but smoking is allowed on the balconies and patios.
- Flat screen LCD television in communal lounge
- Wall mounted heating panels in some rooms
- Free WiFi hotspot
- Diners club, American Express, Visa and Mastercard credit cards accepted
- Lunch & dinner by arrangement
- Two well-equipped bars with excellent wines
- Heated swimming pool
- Luxurious infra-red sauna
- Lapa with barbeque facilities & gas braai
- Relax and unwind in tranquil garden with 2 Koi ponds
- Daily Afrikaans & English newspapers
- Children welcome
- Unfortunately no pets are allowed
- Shuttle service is available
- Laundry services
- Dry cleaning service by prior arrangement.
Security is a high priority
- On site safe parking
- ADT security
- All public areas on the premises are monitored with CCTV.
- Electronic gates
- Separate conference room which is air-conditioned (hot and cold)
- Custom-made 1-day conference packages
- Seats up to 18 delegates
- Seating arrangements according to client's requirements
- Excellent value for money according to specific needs and budget requirements
- 50" Plasma TV with USB port for laptop
- White board
- Flip chart
- Fax & printing facilities
Goodey's Guesthouse is a family business and is managed by owners, John & Hantie Goodey and a small group of friendly staff members.
We pride ourselves on a friendly, well run establishment where guests will feel at home - all at a competitive price.