Some 30 km south of Port Shepstone, on the lush Kwa-Zulu Natal South Coast is the tiny hamlet of Palm Beach. Nestled in the un-spoilt indigenous forest of this area is Forest Homes. "The Beach House" (in the Forest Homes complex) is a luxurious log home perched on stilts, that has a stunning view of the Indian Ocean.
The house is comfortably and tastefully furnished and well equipped for a home to home holiday. The house sleeps 6 people (3 bedrooms), 2 bathrooms, one en-suite (bath and shower), the other African style bathroom has a shower. The main bedroom opens onto the veranda from where you can watch birds on the tree tops or dolphins and whales out at sea. The Zebra room (decorated in black and white) has 2 single beds that can be moved together to make a double bed. The Gecko room is decorated in pinks and also has two single beds that can be moved. The main living area opens out onto the deck, and the deck is furnished with comfortable wood furniture. You might spend a lot of time here!
Palm Beach is a large unspoilt expanse of coast (good for fishing, snorkelling and walking) and is 5mins walk from the house. There are several stunning swimming beaches 10mins drive north or south of Palm Beach. (Marina Beach; Kidds Beach; Peter Pan Beach; Leisure Bay).
Although The Beach House is secluded, provisions are easily obtainable in Shelly Beach, Port Edward and the very convenient McBanana. In the area there are many good restaurants (consult the Southern Explorer) and there is a casino at the Wild Coast Sun. A visit to the Beach House in Palm Beach can be as relaxing or action filled as you choose but it's sure to create some good memories!
- Swimming Pool in complex.
- Parking under cover for two cars and trailer.
- Cleaning can be arranged at a reasonable cost.
- DSTV available if you bring own smart card and decoder.
- DVD player.
- Smoking outside only, on the deck or garden.
- Braai facilities available on deck.
- All linen provided including bath towels and beach towels.
- Washing machine, tumble dryer and dishwasher.
- All crockery and cutlery is available.
- Fans in all the rooms.
- Night watchman in complex.
- Relaxing on the deck.
- Beach Activities.
- Bird watching.
- There are 11 top golf courses between Port Edward and Illovo.
- Hiking in the Nature reserves. (Mpenjati Nature Reserve Umtamvuna Nature reserve and Oribi Gorge)
- King swing at Oribi Gorge.
- Swimming and surfing.
- Scuba diving at Aliwal Shoal and Protea Banks.
- Horse riding.
- Water sports on the Umtamvuna River.
- Kite surfing.
- Surf, lagoon and deep sea fishing.
A 10% cancellation fee will be charged against all deposits for all cancellations up to 30 days prior to arrival provided a suitable replacement reservation is secured. The full deposit paid will be forfeited for cancellations less than 30 days prior to arrival if a suitable replacement reservation is not secured.
Arrival & Departure Times
Terms Of Payment
All reservations will require a deposit equal to 50% of the full rental amount to secure the booking and the balance must be paid at least 10 days prior to arrival.
No smoking inside the house. The weber braai must only be used outside on the deck on the tiled area.