African Sunrise Beach House
African Sunrise Beach House is situated between Margate and Southbroom. The house is registered with South Coast Tourism. The property is fully enclosed and has a remote controlled gate. There is enough parking space inside for 3 vehicles or 2 with a trailer. There is a covered verandah next to the swimming pool and a deck on which to entertain or relax. The sea view from this house is incredible and you can enjoy watching whales, dolphins, sea birds and ships from here.
Ramsgate and Margate blue flag beaches are a few minutes drive away and these are the closest beaches for safe swimming and surfing. A 500m walk from the house will take you to a quieter beach just north of Ramsgate main beach. This beach is perfect for fishing, snorkeling, jogging, walking and exploring rock pools. There are many restaurants to enjoy: The Lobster Pot, The Waffle House, Mac Banana and Tom, Dick and Harry for fish and chips to name a few. Golfers can play on the beautiful Southbroom, Margate and San Lameer golf courses. The Whale viewing deck in Ramsgate, Oribi Gorge, Lake Eland Game Reserve and Skyline Nature Reserve are great for a family outing. Guided tours, activities and airport transfers can be arranged on request.
There is a sea view from all the front rooms in the house.
There are 3 bedrooms: a main bedroom en suit (bath and toilet) with a queen size bed, 2nd bedroom en suit (shower and toilet) with 2 single beds and a spacious 3rd bedroom with 2 single beds. All bedrooms have all the linen required and a fan. Beds are good quality and very comfortable. There is a 3rd bathroom with shower and toilet. There are also 3 extra mattresses suitable for kids.
The kitchen, dinning room and lounge is open plan and spacious. The kitchen is well equipped and clean. There is a washing machine and wash line outside for drying.
The domestic worker is available on request but she may come in during your stay to clean windows, take the rubbish out or sweep the outside area.
Full Dstv is included.
We do allow visitors to bring their dogs but we do have a domestic worker, a pool service and a garden service that may come in during your stay. Because of this we do not allow aggressive dogs on the property that are unable to be controlled by their owners if these people come onto the property.
Flatlet: It is a bedroom ensuite (shower, basin and toilet) with a ceiling fan and 2 beds. It is only available to groups that have booked the main house that need an additional bedroom. There is an additional rate per night for the flat max 2 people. There is no kitchenette.
You will need to bring your own:
- Toilet paper & toiletries.
- Dish washing liquid and dishcloths - no dishwasher.
- Bin bags
- Laundry powder for a top-loader machine.
- Linen if using the 3 mattresses.
- Waterproof mattress protector for younger children if necessary.
This is a perfect family holiday home. It is private and spacious and away from the business of the main beaches and shops.
- airport (less than 15km)
- babysitting service
- beach (less than 500m)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- ceiling fans
- DSTV in unit
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- fishing (less than 3km)
- game drives (less than 30km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- live entertainment (less than 3km)
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave in unit
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- pets allowed by prior arrangement
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- private pool
- reptile park (less than 20km)
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- sailing rentals (less than 5km)
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tennis court (less than 5km)
- washing machine in unit
- whale watching (less than 10km)
- whale watching onsite