|Address:||9 Yellowwood Drive
|Contact :||Heinrich van Wyk|
|INT Fax :||086-5683386|
|Cell (1) :||083-3774984 (Heinrich)|
|Cell (2) :||083-7568808 (Ronel)|
The Drakensberg is one of the regions in the country where every little bend in the road guarantees a new surprise.
In the Central Drakensberg, the Champagne Valley brings you even more surprises. From the valley you have amazing surroundings, and in the distance the majestic peaks.
Where the valley meets the mountain, you will find Bergview Estate with Valleyview Cottage. Bergview Estate is adjacent to the Ukhahlamba World Heritage Site.
The cottage comprises of a main bedroom with en suite bathroom on the first floor, and 2 bedrooms sharing a bathroom on the ground floor. The main bedroom has a private deck overlooking the valley. The lounge opens up onto the veranda which includes a braai area, all overlooking the valley. The lounge has been fitted with a fireplace for the colder evenings. Although the purpose of your visit here should never be to watch TV, we have a TV with SABC and e-TV channels available.
The kitchen has all the necessities, including a microwave oven to feed a family of six. The outside boma is the ideal place to share the day's events.
Covered parking is available for one vehicle.
To do in the area :
The Drakensberg Sun is within walking distance of the cottage. As a guest in the Bergview Estate, you can obtain permission to use the facilities of the hotel free of charge, pending the holiday season.
Some attractions in close proximity includes:
- The Drakensberg Canopy Tour
- The championship golf course at Champagne Sport Resort
- The Drakensberg Boys Choir
- Monk's Cowl Golf Club
- Numerous walks from the Estate into the mountain, as well as many walks departing from Monk's Cowl
- Various restaurants and interesting shops
- Payment Methods
- Sorry, Credit cards not accepted
- Languages Spoken At Establishment
- Bed Configuration
- Cottage (Sleeps 6) x 1
- Room 1 - double
- Room 2 - single, single
- Room 3 - double
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- DSTV (bring card and decoder)
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- microwave in unit
- nature trail onsite
- parking all onsite
- reptile park (less than 20km)
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- rock art (less than 20km)
- washing machine in unit