|Address:||24 Park Road , Port Alfred , Eastern Cape , South Africa|
The Lookout Guest House
As the name suggests The Lookout Guest House, Port Alfred, commands superb, panoramic views of the sea, the Kowie River, the Royal Alfred Marina and the colourful small boat harbour.
Situated on the R72 midway between Port Elizabeth and East London, Port Alfred, it is the ideal base from which to explore South Africa's magnificent sunshine coast, or to make excursions into the historically enriched settler country of the interior.
The owner-managed guest house offers friendly, relaxed and homely hospitality, and your hosts Louise & Alan Corrans will ensure that all your needs and comforts are met. The Lookout is very close to town and all amenities, with many good restaurants in the vicinity. Port Alfred's pristine beaches are only 3 minutes away.
The 3 self contained units are all elegantly furnished, luxuriously appointed, have their own separate entrances and boast magnificent views. They are fully equipped with most of the modern conveniences, and the well fitted kitchenettes are a real treat. All are serviced daily unless otherwise requested. Secure off-street parking is available, and barbeque/braai facilities and wood are provided. The deck and splash pool is the ideal place for sun lovers to relax, or to enjoy a refreshing drink after a long day.
No 1: King/Twin beds en-suite shower, views over the river and marina. Bed/ living/dining all open plan.
No 2: One bedroomed unit with sea, river and marina views. Twin beds, private bathroom (bath & shower). Very comfortable living and dining area.
No 3: One bedroomed unit. Large en-suite shower. King/twin beds. Living/dining leading onto private patio. Beautiful sea and river views. Each unit has a sofa bed & additional person/s or children can be accommodated by arrangement.
For golfers, the scenic Royal Port Alfred Golf Club is close by, whilst the well manicured Fish River Country Club Golf Estate is a 15 minute drive away. The white, sandy beaches offer safe swimming and lovely long walks, and are extremely popular with the surfing fraternity. The Kowie River, which is tidal and is navigable for 29kms, is a paradise for boating, bird watching, waterskiing and fishing. Deep sea anglers and scuba divers can charter trips at the harbour. The Eastern Cape is a malaria free area, and a number of the nearby game parks and reserves have received international acclaim, and hikers and horse riders are well catered for.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- AA Superior Accommodation
- AA Travel Guide Category Finalist 2007
- Tourism Grading - 4 Stars
- bar fridge
- big game (less than 30km)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- DSTV in room
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- fishing (less than 3km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave in unit
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- private entrance
- radio in room
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- squash court (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in communal area
- tennis court (less than 5km)
- tumble dryer onsite
- water skiing (less than 10km)
- wi-fi / hotspot
- Special Categories
- Star Graded Accommodation