SELF CATERING HOUSE IN PORT ALFRED, EASTERN CAPE
Ripples is a large, newly refurbished luxury self-catering property situated
in a prime location on the west bank of the River Kowie, in the picturesque
Eastern Cape coastal town of Port Alfred; ideally suited for group holidays,
family reunions and bespoke private lets.
- A fully managed letting service
- 7 bedrooms, all en-suite, sleeping a maximum of 10 adults and 4 children
- A large fully fitted main kitchen & scullery downstairs and an additional fully fitted kitchen upstairs
- Ample living spaces and facilities on both levels, with a lovely indoor braai room area with open access to the large upper sun terrace overlooking the river & gardens
- A lovely private, sunny courtyard and well maintained private garden
- 3 garages and ample, shaded off-street parking
- TV, DSTV (on request)
- All linen, towels and beach towels are provided Excellent, fob-activated zoned security system with monitored armed & medical response
Local Attractions Include:
- The house is a stones through away from the idyllic kiddies beach (which is a secluded sandy tidal inlet off the Kowie River)
- A short walk down to the fabulous Blue Flag west beach and pier.
- Directly adjacent to the spectacular Blue Flag Royal Port Alfred Marina
- Virtually next door to the ever popular & evolving Outdoor, Dive and Adventure Centre offering a multitude of pursuits including the less extreme options like river cruises, walking & cycling trails, horse-riding, etc
- We are just down the road from the iconic Port Alfred River & Ski-Boat Club & Kowie River Wagon Bridge. Excellent, pro-surfer endorsed surf breaks, particularly off the east beach & pier.
- Brilliant rock & surf, deep-sea, fishing kayak, Jet Ski and estuary fishing something for every enthusiast and ability level.
- A short drive to many popular Sunshine Coast coastal resort towns, including
- Kenton-on-Sea, Bushmans River, Kleinemonde, Boknes, Cannon Rocks, and Kasouga
- Easy access to local Game Reserves Addo Elephant Park, Mansfield, Kariega, Amakhala, Lalibela and Pumba.
- Close to the historic cultural centers of Bathurst, Grahamstown and Alexandria.
- With Africa's foremost aviation training center, 43 Air School and Stenden South Africa (1 of 5 international campuses of Stenden University, Netherlands offering full degree programs in Hospitality and Disaster Relief Management) nearby.
- Golf courses include the Royal Port Alfred Golf Club and just a short drive from the acclaimed Gary Player designed Fish River Sun course.
- Excellent local restaurants, eateries, microbreweries, shops and malls close by, including a growing craft industry.
There is literally something for everyone's taste/interest nearby to enhance a truly fabulous holiday / coastal retreat.
- bar fridge
- beach (less than 500m)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- car hire (less than 20km)
- dishwasher onsite
- DSTV in communal area
- fishing (less than 3km)
- game drives (less than 30km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- parking all onsite
- remote security
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in communal area
- tumble dryer in unit
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine onsite