Mooi Bly offers five well-appointed, charming thatched cottages that can sleep up to six people, situated in a big garden with a swimming pool. They are fully equipped, serviced, have private verandas with barbecue facilities and a magnificent view of the Mooi Bly vineyards and Paarl valley.
Breakfast is available upon request. For those who prefer to cater for themselves, Paarl and Wellington are 10 minutes away from the 32 ha estate. Our neighbours have a small restaurant on their farm just around the corner and there are also a number of nice restaurants in Paarl that offer excellent cuisine.
Mooi Bly is an ideal base from which to explore the Cape's Winelands and enjoy its many celebrated wines and restaurants. The estate is a mere 30 minutes from Franschhoek. Cape Town is only 45 minutes away.
Mooi Bly Vineyards & Wine cellar.
We believe that the roots of an honest product starts with the a love for the earth. With this in mind, our dedicated, enthusiastic team creates fantastic, well balanced estate wines in a traditional way.
With our Belgian hospitality we look forward to welcoming you to Mooi Bly vineyards on the slopes of the Du Toit Kloof Mountains.
SMOKE FREE COTTAGES
Fully equipped kitchen: 2 gas hobs, fridge/freezer, kettle, toaster, micro wave, pots and pans
Serviced on a regular basis, we provide bedding and towels
TV with 4 basic channels.
Open view HD TV
Private Braai facilities.
Each cottage has a private veranda with BBQ (stoep & braai)
We regret no animals.
Paarl Valley views, Garden views, Vineyard views.
- 10 minutes: Paarl & Wellington
- 30 minutes: Stellenbosch & Franschhoek
- 45 minutes: Cape Town & Airport
- 60 minutes: Blaauwberg starnd, Somerset West, Table Mountain Cable way
- 1.5 hours: Langebaan, Cape of Good Hope
- 2 hours: Montague, Citrusdal
From Cape Town
From the N1 take the Sonstraal Road Exit 62A. At the T-junction turn left, pass the BP garage, and follow the road for 2km. Turn right into Swawelstertpad and and turn right at the next T-junction. At the fork in the road, turn right onto a dirt road. Continue along the dirt road, and take the first road left, and the next road right. Mooi Bly is the second gate on the left.
From the N1 take the first exit after the tunnel Sonstraal Road Exit 62. Directions as above.
Take the R301 towards Paarl and turn left onto the Bo Dal Road. Follow the dirt road for 2.7km and turn left at the Mooi Bly sign. Mooi Bly is the second gate at your left hand.
- Cancellation 6 weeks prior to arrival: no cancellation fee , just a R250 admin fees!
- Cancellation of confirmed booking between 6 and 2 weeks prior to arrival date: 50 % of the total amount will be debited Cancellation of confirmed booking less than 2 weeks prior to arrival date, no show up or early departure for any reason: 100% of the amount due will be debited, you will not receive any credit or refund.
- Please note that a cancellation of a/some night(s) of a confirmed booking, will be payable according to the cancellation policy
Cancellation policy for:
special requests or discounts, bookings during= 1st of December until 28th of February, School Holiday's, special occasions (sport or school events), long weekends, stay's over 28 nights and block bookings = 3 or more cottages.
- Cancellation of a confirmed booking is subject to a 10 % handling fee on the full booking value.
- Cancellation of a confirmed booking between 12 and 5 weeks prior to arrival: 50% of the total amount will be debited!
- Cancellation of a confirmed booking 4 weeks prior to arrival date, no show up or early departure for any reason: 100% of the amount due will be debited, you will not receive any credit or refund *Please consider a cancellation insurance
- Please note that a cancellation of a/some night(s) of a confirmed booking, will be payable!!
Please note that cancellations are ONLY accepted in writing, that the cancellation policy is applicable on the cancellation of any nights. Early departure will not be refunded.
Arrival & Departure Times
Check out until 10 am.
Check in from 3 pm. until 7pm. (please arrange early or late check in!)
The main gate will be closed. Your cellphone number will be uploaded to the sytem.
Terms Of Payment
- 50% deposit at reservation
- Balance is due 2 weeks before arrival ( 4 weeks for X-mas holidays and special occasions))
Confirmation of booking, indemnity and terms & conditions:
Any guest or visitor, whether or not they occupy rooms, and any persons accompanying them, are deemed to contract with the Proprietor on the following basis: The Proprietor, their staff, assigns or any person in their employ are not responsible for any personal injury or loss of or damage to the property of any guest or visitor brought to the premises howsoever arising whether by negligence or wrongful act. Guests should always lock all doors, switch on the alarm, make use of the safe and close all windows when leaving the house. They have to close and lock their car and make sure that nothing is left inside.
Please note: that by paying a deposit you agreed on my terms and conditions and you acknowledge that you have read and accepted my cancellation policy.
- We sell wood @ R40.00 a bag, but you are of course free to bring your own wood.
PLEASE NOTE: that there is no cleaning service on Sunday or Public holidays (unless the follow each other up in a row
PLEASE NOTE: that I can move you to another cottage depending on other bookings. If you booked a standard cottage I will never downgrade to a family cottage, there is a chance that I up-grade, but the invoice will remain the same!
PLEASE NOTE: that no changes nor cancellations are done over the phone! Every change has to come in writing. Changes on existing bookings require a NEW signed confirmation, this to avoid hiccups!
PLEASE NOTE: that the balance will be settled eft upfront or upon arrival in case this was agreed!
PLEASE NOTE: we love animals but unfortunately you cannot bring yours!
Wifi available.( please note that it is farm-wifi and weather dependent as internet is coming in wireless.)