Mackaya Bella Guest House
Mackaya Bella is an established 4 star modern, eco-friendly bed and breakfast, situated in the newly revitalised suburb of Durban South, close to numerous restaurants, galleries, cafes and boutiques. Set in a peaceful indigenous garden, the guest house allows visitors a calm and quiet space in which to unwind and relax.
The name Mackaya Bella is derived from an indigenous shrub known to KwaZulu Natal, which thrives in the cool, shady ecosystem of the coastal forests. This indigenous theme of relaxation and tranquillity flows not only through the guest house setting, but also encourages the vision and drive of the establishment.
Mackaya Bella has 6 modern en-suite bedrooms, with an additional, spacious, one bedroom family room, that can be utilised for long term leasing. All rooms are serviced daily.
LUXURY DOUBLE ROOMS x6, Double bed and ensuite
FAMILY UNIT (with kitchenette) x1, One king size bed plus one double sleeper couch
BUDGET ROOM (with kitchenette) x2, each with single bed
- Wi-Fi, DSTV and a workspace designed to ensure a calm and relaxing environment
- Individual air conditioning, safe, bar fridge, hospitality tray and hairdryer
- Rooms are available as either double/twin or single. All beds are extra length with the finest percale linen
- Communal pool
- 100% indigenous garden which attracts birdlife, butterflies and benevolent insects
- Access to park/green zone, adjacent to the property
- Scrumptious breakfasts served daily in an open plan dining room overlooking a park
- Dinner can be arranged on prior notice
- Laundry service (additional cost)
- On site parking
- Airport transfers
- Safe surrounding area that allows guests to explore the quaint and entertaining social side of Glenwood, ranging from 'around the nook' restaurants to art galleries and boutiques.
Budget Rooms (Minimum 3 nights)
Small, free standing room for those on a budget. Sleeps one person only. Single bed, microwave, bar fridge, kitchenette and separate entrance. En-suite and free WiFi. Includes Buffet breakfast only (cereal, yoghurt, fruit salad, toast, juice and tea/coffee). Ideal for long stays and discounts apply if booked for more than 2 weeks.
Mackaya Bella Guest House is within walking distance of the Howard College campus of the University of kwaZulu-Natal (and shuttle bus to the Westville Campus), the Nelson Mandela School of Medicine. It is also within easy access to the Durban University of Technology; Inkosi Albert Luthuli, Westville, Entabeni and St Augustine's hospitals and shopping centres such as The Pavillon, Musgrave Centre, Davenport, Glenwood Village and Queensmead. Also in close proximity are the CBD, ICC Durban, the beaches and uShaka Marine World. Sporting facilities include Moses Mabhida Soccer Stadium, Kingspark Rugby, Sahara Kingsmead Crickets Stadium, Queensmead Hockey ground and Westridge Stadium.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- AA Highly Recommended
- Green Tourism Accreditation - Green Champion 2016
- Tourism Grading - 4 Stars
- air conditioner (all units)
- air conditioning in lounge
- airport transfers
- bar fridge
- DSTV in room
- hair dryer
- internet facilities
- laundry facilities onsite
- lock-up safe
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- remote security
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities