|Contact :||Sonja van Zyl|
|Local Tel :||021-8833163|
|INT Tel :||+27-21-8833163|
|Local Fax :||086-5141384|
|INT Fax :||+27-86-5141384|
Within a radius of 100 km one can visit the Mother City, Cape Town, Darling which all have interesting tourist attractions.
Stellenbosch has excellent golf courses and is 20 km from the seaside.
The cottages are situated on a farm in the beautiful, rustic Jonkershoek valley, which forms part of a World Heritage area.
The cottages are within walking distance from the Assegaaibosch nature reserve and the Mountain To Ocean Forestry Reserve, which is 8 minutes drive from us.
It is believed that the cottages were originally built as housing for Italian Prisoners of war who built stonewalls for gardens on the farm. During 2000 they were renovated as guest cottages.
Activities in the valley are: picnicking, hiking, mountaineering, jogging, fly fishing, wine tasting, bird watching and walks in the nature reserves with their rich fynbos vegetation.
Activities on the farm: Walk in the veld, bird watching and swimming in the farm pool fed by fresh water from the Stellenbosch mountain. From the veranda you have a magnificent view of the valley and mountains surrounding the valley. The cottages also have a sundeck adjacent to a mountain stream where one can relax.
The two cottages are annexed to each other.
- No. 1 consists of one bedroom with either one single or twin beds, a fully furnished kitchen and a bathroom with shower, toilet and washing basin.
- No. 2 consists of a bedroom with a double bed, a bedroom with bunker beds, a bathroom with shower, toilet and washing basin and a fully furnished kitchen.
- Bedding and towels are provided.
- Parking area.
- Safe storage for sport gear.
- Braai facility.
- Children are welcome.
- No smoking inside.
- No pets please.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- Oak Leaf Grading (2)
- Tourism Grading - 2 Stars
- Payment Methods
- Cash on arrival
- EFT / Bank Transfer
- Sorry, Credit cards not accepted
- Languages Spoken At Establishment
- Bed Configuration
- Family guesthouse (Sleeps 9) x 1
- Room 1 - queen
- Room 2 - double
- Room 3 - twin
- Room 4 - twin
- Room 5 - single
- Flat annexed to home (Sleeps 4) x 1
- Room 1 - double
- Room 2 - twin
- Unit 1 (Sleeps 2) x 1
- Room 1 - twin
- Unit 2 (Sleeps 4) x 1
- Room 1 - double
- Room 2 - bunk
- air conditioner (some units)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- braai/barbeque (some units)
- electric blankets
- fridge in unit
- hair dryer
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- linen & towels provided
- microwave (some units)
- microwave in unit
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- not serviced
- outdoor pool
- outdoor splash pool
- parking all onsite
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- Special Categories
Interesting Place Accommodation
detailsWhy is your establishment interesting?
Detail description : We are situated outside Stellenbosch in the rustic Jonkershoek area near Nature reserves.
Sleeps 10 or More Accommodation
detailsYour establishment has capacity to cater for groups of 10 or more.
- Star Graded Accommodation
Kierie Kwaak appears in the following sections:
Stellenbosch Self Catering House, Cottage, Chalet Accommodation • Stellenbosch Sleeps 10 or More Accommodation • Stellenbosch Interesting Place Accommodation • Stellenbosch Self Catering Accommodation • Stellenbosch Star Graded Accommodation