By the Beach, luxury self-catering holiday home, sleeping up to 10 persons on the North Coast of KwaZulu-Natal. It is a flat 150m walk to the Main Salt Rock Swimming Beach, which is protected by shark nets and life guards.
Airport Transfers to and from Salt Rock will be provided on request.
The house consists of four bedrooms. There are two large main double bedrooms. Each has en-suite showers and one has a spa bath. The third bedroom has a double bed plus a single bed, has sliding doors opening to its own private garden area. This room adjoins a long, dormitory style room which has three single beds which have "pull out" beds underneath (ideally suited for children). These rooms share a shower en-suite and large dressing area.
The large, modern kitchen, with separate scullery, is open plan to the spacious lounge and diningroom. Sliding doors and windows open out to a covered outdoor entertainment area - wonderful for outdoor breakfasts, braais/barbecue or simply enjoying the views of the sparkling rock pool and tropical garden. The stream at the far side of the garden is lined with tall indigenous mangrove trees, which provides a private, serene, relaxing ambiance and protection when the beach gets too windy. Although close to the beach, the house offers no sea-views.
All rooms have overhead ventilator fans. Aircons on request (please ask for info). A satellite TV and DVD player, is connected to DStv full bouquet.
The house is serviced daily excluding weekends and Public Holidays. Weekend and laundry services on request.
- Aircons on request
- Braai/barbecue on site
- Swimming pool (pool net supplied on request)
- Kitchen - fully equipped
- Gas hob
- Electric Oven
- Laundry facilities on site - No tumble drier
- Fenced, secure parking - one lock up garage
- Own security alarm linked to armed response - IPSS
- Lock-up safe
- Ceiling Fans throughout
- Babysitting on request
- Caretaker - on site
- Linen provided, except beach towels
KwaZulu-Natal and Local Attractions:
- Walking distance to Salt Rock shopping centre, library, restaurants and pubs. 5km to Ballito and Umhlali Village for shopping and banks.
- Close to Prince's Grant and Mt Edgecombe Golf Courses.
- Walking distance to Salt Rock Hotel and Country Club (bowls and squash).
- 3km Umhlali Country Club which caters for golf, tennis, bowls and squash.
- Beach - (netted bathing beach) swimming, surfing, diving, fishing 150 meters away.
- Salt Rock Tidal Pool and rock pools (wonderful for small children) 200 meters away.
- Boat/marine slipway (within 5km).
- Flagfarm, an animal farm for kids (5 minutes drive).
- Horse riding in the endless sugar cane fields (5 minutes drive).
- Crocodile farm and Reptile park, quad bike trails and paint balls (5 minutes drive).
- Microlight landing strip offering scenic flights along coastline (10 minutes drive).
- Hospitals, doctors and chemists close by.
- 15 minutes from Sibaya Casino and Entertainment Kingdom.
- 25 minutes from Gateway Shopping and Entertainment Centre - the largest in the Southern Hemisphere with numerous restaurants, 16 movie theatres, Imax and the Barnyard Theatres, Tenpin bowling and children's games arcade, 4x4 Trails and the Wavehouse and skateboard park.
- One hours drive to Valley of 1000 Hills and Shakaland.
- Two hours drive to the Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Game Reserve with it's Big 5 having both the white and black rhino.
- 40 minute drive to Durban International Airport.
30 minutes from Durban City - a few attractions include:
- Shaka Marine Park
- Sharks Board
- Umgeni Bird Sanctuary
- Snake Park
- Deep Sea Fishing off local shores - Durban harbor.
We would love you to visit and experience the tranquility of the lush North Coast whilst enjoying the hospitality of our much-loved family beach house.
Enjoy your stay!
- If you are driving on the N2 North you take Exit 214 - Umhlali / Salt Rock.
- Turn right - cross over the freeway towards the beach.
- Drive approx 3 km and pass shopping centres, then Salt Rock Hotel on left side.
- 2nd road to your right after the Hotel is Garden Road (Glen Eagles flats on the corner and directly opposite Salt Rock Main Beach).
- Approx 150m, 3rd house to your left you will find By The Beach, 12 Garden Road.
1. No refunds for cancellations within a week of arrival unless the accommodation is re-let for the
full period. (Peak period 2 months)
2. In the event of an earlier cancellation a 50% cancellation fee will be applicable unless the
accommodation is re-let for the full period.
3. There will be no refund for early departure.
Arrival & Departure Times
Arrival time 14h00..... Departure time 10h00
IMPORTANT!!!!! AFTER HOURS: Tenants must advise By the Beach well in advance if they will be arriving after 4pm. Failure to notify us of a late arrival will result in the tenants not being met at the cottage to collect the keys.
Terms Of Payment
RATES NEGOTIABLE FOR SMALLER GROUPS
1. All bookings and arrangements to be confirmed via e-mail.
2. BREAKAGE and AIRCONDITIONER DEPOSIT of R2000. Aircon on a meter at municipal rate. Tenants will be held responsible for shortages due to theft, breakages
etc. Your breakage deposit will be funded to you via bank deposit within 14 days of departure,
not on departure and provided no breakages are incurred. Please note: that it is your
responsibility to supply me with your banking details before you leave. Damage deposits not
claimed within three months of booking will be forfeited.
3. Bookings will only be confirmed on receipt of the full deposit which will NOT BE LESS THAN 50%
OF THE RENTAL unless alternative arrangements have been made in writing. Balance of rental
is due two weeks prior to arrival.
4. No credit cards or cheques are accepted.
5. No bank charges eg cash or foreign deposits will be carried by By the Beach. These will be
deducted from the Breakage Deposit.
6. By paying the minimum required to confirm, the lessee agrees to abide by the conditions as
set out above and accepts the terms fully.
Rates negotiable for smaller groups.
Overcrowding will not be permitted. No more than the maximum number of people as booked, (max 10 persons) on the property at any time, or the breakage deposit will be withheld. If you exceed the amount of people allowed you will be charged for every extra person and legal action will be taken against you. Under no circumstances do we allow any social event to happen on the property without written consent. This includes: birthday parties, bachelor or hens parties, wedding reception or any other function. Failure to adhere to this will result in immediate eviction with no refund.
Under no circumstances do we allow student groups. Failure to adhere to this will result in immediate eviction with no refund. We cater for family holidays only.
NO SMOKING ALLOWED IN THE HOUSE Prior to departure please ensure that the house is locked and left in the same condition as you found it on arrival.
No pets allowed without written prior permission.
The owner is in no way liable to the tenant or his/her family or visitors for any personal injury sustained or loss/damage of personal belongings and/or motor vehicles, which may occur, while the tenant occupies the house.
Keys not returned timeously will result in the delay of the return of the deposit.
The house has septic tanks and no foreign objects must be thrown into the toilet, which may result in a blockage. Should this occur the tenant will be held responsible for the removal and all costs incurred.
When the premises are left unattended, the alarm system must be activated in order for the Theft and Burglary Household Insurance Policy to be effective. Failure to adhere to this could result in the tenant being held liable for any loss incurred. If there is a maid/caretaker on the property you may leave them in the house, and they will activate the alarm when they depart, but should no one be in the house you must set the alarm and ensure the property is secured by all means offered (inside and outside beams). This also pertains to night time, once you have gone to bed, outside beams must be set and all doors and sliding windows locked and secured.
No slaughtering of live animals on the property is allowed.
Under no circumstances are any items belonging to the property to be removed from the property during your stay.
ALL LINEN SUPPLIED REFERS TO BED LINEN!!!! BATH TOWELS ARE SUPPLIED, BUT NO BEACH TOWELS EXCEPT FOR FOREIGN VISITORS OR CLIENT THAT ARE FLYING IN!!!!
Please supply your own toiletries. Please supply your own CLEANING AGENTS! Remember toilet paper and bath soap. If you rent a daily maid, you will have to supply them with cleaning agents eg washing powder.
A weekly linen change and basic clean is offered once a week. Should you want to rent a maid for your stay, please enquire for contact details of different agencies. It is recommended to book at least 1 week in advance and by the end of Oct for Dec. Clients to arrange with cleaning agencies directly for their own accounts.
The house will have been thoroughly cleaned prior to your arrival. Prior to departure please ensure that the house is left in the same condition as you found it on arrival. A normal departure cleaning levy of R400 (R450 from Dec 18 onwards) will be charged. Should there be excessive or extra cleaning e.g. dishes etc a further R150 will be charged. This will be taken off the breakage deposit.
The house has the FULL satellite DSTV bouquet.
THE USE OF THE SWIMMING POOL IS AT THE SOLE RISK OF THE TENANT. A pool net is available on request.
By the Beach is located in a residential area hence tenants agree to abide and behave in a reasonable, quiet manner eg no drunken, disorderly, foul mouthed behavior, no excessibe loud music, noise kept to a reasonable time and level etc
The lessor and/or the servants or Employees of By the Beach shall not be liable to the Lessee for any injury or loss or damage of any description which the Lessee and/or any member of the Lessees family , or any employee or servant or any relative, friend, acquaintance, visitor, invitee or guest of the Lessee may sustain, physically or to their property directly, in or about the Leased Premises or in any part or building in which the Leased Premises are situated by reason of any defect in the Leased premises are situated, or for any act done or any neglect on the part of the Lessor or any of the Lessors employees servants or representatives. The Lessor, Lessors employees servants accept no responsibility for any loss or damages incurred as a result of use of the swimming pool.
By the Beach will in no way be held accountable/responsible and can not guarantee that neighbours or people in the area will behave in a reasonable or quiet manner. There is also nothing we can do about them.
Please note : The North Coast is experiencing a boom in building and construction. We cannot guarantee that someone in the area will not have a sudden urge to revamp or rebuild his house/property. Whilst we can tell you the current status of the neighbours/surroundings we cannot predict the future and will not be held accountable for building disturbances of any shape or kind.
The whole of the Dophin Coast has had severe water restrictions. Please keep water usage to a minimum.
The onus is on you to enquire as to the specifications of the house you are renting in terms of security, surroundings and general requirements. We undertake to answer truthfully to what we know or have knowledge of. Should any conditions be breached, you will be evicted.
Should you have any queries, please dont hesitate to contact us. Enjoy your stay!