By The BeachAfrikaans
|Address:||12 Garden Road
|Contact :||Neil & Carol Parkinson|
|Local Tel :||032-5254364|
|INT Tel :||+27-32-5254364|
|Cell (1) :||082-4595346|
|Cell (2) :||082-4507823|
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
By the Beach, luxury self-catering holiday home, sleeping up to 10 persons on the North Coast of KwaZulu-Natal. It is a flat 150m walk to the Main Salt Rock Swimming Beach, which is protected by shark nets and life guards.
Airport Transfers to and from Salt Rock will be provided on request.
The house consists of four bedrooms. There are two large main double bedrooms. Each has en-suite showers and one has a spa bath. The third bedroom has a double bed plus a single bed, has sliding doors opening to its own private garden area. This room adjoins a long, dormitory style room which has three single beds which have "pull out" beds underneath (ideally suited for children). These rooms share a shower en-suite and large dressing area.
The large, modern kitchen, with separate scullery, is open plan to the spacious lounge and diningroom. Sliding doors and windows open out to a covered outdoor entertainment area - wonderful for outdoor breakfasts, braais/barbecue or simply enjoying the views of the sparkling rock pool and tropical garden. The stream at the far side of the garden is lined with tall indigenous mangrove trees, which provides a private, serene, relaxing ambiance and protection when the beach gets too windy. Although close to the beach, the house offers no sea-views.
All rooms have overhead ventilator fans. Aircons on request (please ask for info). A satellite TV and DVD player, is connected to DStv full bouquet.
The house is serviced daily excluding weekends and Public Holidays. Weekend and laundry services on request.
- Aircons on request
- Braai/barbecue on site
- Swimming pool (pool net supplied on request)
- Kitchen - fully equipped
- Gas hob
- Electric Oven
- Laundry facilities on site - No tumble drier
- Fenced, secure parking - one lock up garage
- Own security alarm linked to armed response - IPSS
- Lock-up safe
- Ceiling Fans throughout
- Babysitting on request
- Caretaker - on site
- Linen provided, except beach towels
KwaZulu-Natal and Local Attractions:
- Walking distance to Salt Rock shopping centre, library, restaurants and pubs. 5km to Ballito and Umhlali Village for shopping and banks.
- Close to Prince's Grant and Mt Edgecombe Golf Courses.
- Walking distance to Salt Rock Hotel and Country Club (bowls and squash).
- 3km Umhlali Country Club which caters for golf, tennis, bowls and squash.
- Beach - (netted bathing beach) swimming, surfing, diving, fishing 150 meters away.
- Salt Rock Tidal Pool and rock pools (wonderful for small children) 200 meters away.
- Boat/marine slipway (within 5km).
- Flagfarm, an animal farm for kids (5 minutes drive).
- Horse riding in the endless sugar cane fields (5 minutes drive).
- Crocodile farm and Reptile park, quad bike trails and paint balls (5 minutes drive).
- Microlight landing strip offering scenic flights along coastline (10 minutes drive).
- Hospitals, doctors and chemists close by.
- 15 minutes from Sibaya Casino and Entertainment Kingdom.
- 25 minutes from Gateway Shopping and Entertainment Centre - the largest in the Southern Hemisphere with numerous restaurants, 16 movie theatres, Imax and the Barnyard Theatres, Tenpin bowling and children's games arcade, 4x4 Trails and the Wavehouse and skateboard park.
- One hours drive to Valley of 1000 Hills and Shakaland.
- Two hours drive to the Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Game Reserve with it's Big 5 having both the white and black rhino.
- 40 minute drive to Durban International Airport.
30 minutes from Durban City - a few attractions include:
- Shaka Marine Park
- Sharks Board
- Umgeni Bird Sanctuary
- Snake Park
- Deep Sea Fishing off local shores - Durban harbor.
We would love you to visit and experience the tranquility of the lush North Coast whilst enjoying the hospitality of our much-loved family beach house.
Enjoy your stay!
- If you are driving on the N2 North you take Exit 214 - Umhlali / Salt Rock.
- Turn right - cross over the freeway towards the beach.
- Drive approx 3 km and pass shopping centres, then Salt Rock Hotel on left side.
- 2nd road to your right after the Hotel is Garden Road (Glen Eagles flats on the corner and directly opposite Salt Rock Main Beach).
- Approx 150m, 3rd house to your left you will find By The Beach, 12 Garden Road.
- Payment Methods
- Cash on arrival
- EFT / Bank Transfer
- Sorry, Credit cards not accepted
- Languages Spoken At Establishment
- Bed Configuration
- By the Beach (Sleeps 10) x 1
- Room 1 - king
- Room 2 - queen
- Room 3 - double
- Room 4 - single, single
- Room 5 - double
- air conditioner
- air conditioner (all units)
- babysitting service
- bar fridge
- bar fridge (some units)
- beach (less than 500m)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- ceiling fans
- dishwasher (some units)
- dishwasher onsite
- DSTV in communal area
- DSTV in room
- DSTV in some rooms
- DSTV in unit
- electronic safe
- fishing (less than 3km)
- fridge in unit
- golf (less than 5km)
- hair dryer
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- laundry facilities onsite
- linen & towels provided
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave (some units)
- microwave in unit
- not serviced
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- pets allowed by prior arrangement
- private entrance
- private pool
- remote security
- reptile park (less than 20km)
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- restaurant (walking distance)
- stove in unit
- tea / coffee making facilities
- washing machine in unit
- washing machine onsite
- Special Categories
Conference Venue Accommodation
detailsAccommodates how many people?
Capacity : 10
The following apply
Exclusive / preferred service providers on call Restroom accessible Kitchen accessible Audio – visual equipment (request details) Food / beverage facilities for catering purposes Crockery and cutlery available for hire Catering done in-house Designated parking area Sufficient parking space Fully staffed (cleaning, servers etc.) Internet connection Wireless internet connection Air conditioning Good lighting that can be operated independently Liquor license Bar on-site A purpose-built and dedicated back entrance available for equipment loading and offloading Wheelchair friendly A specified area for coaches and buses to stop to allow delegates and guests to embark and disembark safely Dedicated storage space that can safely store event materials and equipment overnight Individual lockable storage available for storage of more valuable items
Interesting Place Accommodation
detailsWhy is your establishment interesting?
Detail description : Family Establishment, home away from home!
Pet Friendly Accommodation
detailsThe following apply
Small dogs Big dogs Dogs have to be on lead whilst outside Kennels provided Kennels must be used Other animals on the property Horse stables – bedding provided Horse stables – bedding not provided Horse paddocks Grooms available Arena Parking area for horse box / float
Sleeps 10 or More Accommodation
detailsYour establishment has capacity to cater for groups of 10 or more.
By The Beach appears in the following sections:
Salt Rock Self Catering House, Cottage, Chalet Accommodation • Salt Rock Pet Friendly Accommodation • Salt Rock Sleeps 10 or More Accommodation • Salt Rock Conference Venue Accommodation • Salt Rock Interesting Place Accommodation • Salt Rock Self Catering Accommodation • Ballito Area Self Catering House, Cottage, Chalet Accommodation • Ballito Area Pet Friendly Accommodation • Ballito Area Sleeps 10 or More Accommodation • Ballito Area Conference Venue Accommodation • Ballito Area Interesting Place Accommodation • Ballito Area Self Catering Accommodation