High up on Durban's Berea, Acorn Bed & Breakfast is an exclusive, secure and private getaway, with every amenity available to ensure that your holiday or business trip is memorable and totally hassle-free.
From your own private garden (and secure double lock-up garaging), through to the stylish Colonial-safari décor of the accommodation, everything is catered for, including...
- 6 en-suite, 1 with a bath
- Air-conditioned rooms with ceiling fans
- 100% cotton percale linen 400 count
- White 100% cotton towels
- All white linen sheets
- Goose Down Duvet
- Cold water in Thermus Flasks
- Tea and Coffee tray
- Shower gel, shampoo and conditioner
- All rooms en-suit with shower, except room 2 with bath
- Wall safe
- Hair Dryers
- Open View - OpenView is a free-to-view satellite television provider in South Africa. In addition to the "e" channels, Open View also carries the SABC networks, along with several domestic and international channels.
- Free Fibre Wireless Connections (wifi) with speeds of 150/75 Mbps
- All rooms can be converted to two twin single beds or one king size bed, except room 3, which is a queen bed
- Laundry service
- Free safe undercover off road parking
The gracious old 1925's home has retained it's colonial grandeur of old, and the décor includes original artworks, comfy leather furniture. Walls of books, historic pictures, persians and the odd wildlife trophy to add to the romantic "Out of Africa" colonial safari décor that is the B&B's signature.
All linen is of the highest international standards, 100% cotton percale linen on the beds.
Our Great Outdoors
In the private manicured B&B gardens include a thatched lapa... just to relax under with a drink or a good book, and there is a secluded braai and dining area with Weber, should you want to eat "under the stars".
The sparkling pool is set amongst tropical palms, and is totally private should you wish to just lie around relaxing, or have a quick dip after work.
For corporates, we have all modern amenities including free wifi via fibre optic line.
The guesthouse is in close proximity to the "hustle and bustle" of all the restaurants and clubs on Florida Road and the Musgrave center, and the Stadium and beaches are a mere 5 minutes drive away.
We can organize day trips to game reserves, as well as golf games... to name but a few.
So... you just bring yourselves, settle in, and get right down to the business of feeling at home.
- Durban’s Moses Mabhida Soccer Stadium
- Royal Durban Golf Club
- Durban Country Club
- Windsor Golf Course
- Durban's Beach Front - 3.5km
- Vodacom Durban July Handicap - 1km
- International Convention Centre (ICC) - 2km
- Botanical Gardens - 2km
- Florida Road - 1.5km
- uShaka Marine World
- SA Sugar Terminal Tour
- Pavilion Shopping Centre - 13km
- Gateway Theatre of Shopping - 17km
- Musgrave Centre - 2km
- MSC Durban Passenger Cruise Terminal - 7km
Nearby Major Hospitals
- St Augustine’s Hospital - 1.5km
- Entabeni Hospital - 1.5km
- Parklands - 2.2km
S 29 Degrees 50.261
E 31 Degrees 00.392
From the airport:
From North Coast:
- Take signs for Durban out of airport.
- Get onto N2 heading North (Signs for "North Coast/Pietermaritzburg").
- At N3 interchange (Spaghetti Junction), glide off to the left, and stay in the right lane, as the Durban fork glides off to the right.
- Take the Tollgate or Berea exits onto Berea Road North.
- Continue to ESSENWOOD ROAD. then turn LEFT into Essenwood (It's a one-way now).
- At the 3rd large intersection, Turn RIGHT down the hill on MARRIOTT ROAD.
- Go over Musgrave, and your first right after Musgrave is WOLFENDEN GROVE.
- We're at #3 (Big "Acorn B&B" sign outside).
- Head South on the N2.
- Glide off left (then left again) at the N3 interchange.
- Take the Berea/Tollgate glide off ... and continue as above.
From City Centre:
- On the Coastal Road, heading South.
- You will pass the large Sun Coast Casino on the Left.
- At the next large intersection (ARGYLE ROAD), turn RIGHT.
- Continue to COWEY ROAD (6th set of lights).
- Turn LEFT into Cowey.
- At 2nd set of lights (MARRIOTT ROAD) turn RIGHT up steep hill.
- Go OVER CURRIE, and WOLFENDEN is the second little road on the left after Currie.
- Get onto STANGER STREET out of the city (heading North).
- (Stanger Street is perpendicular to West and Smith which run the length of the city center.
- Take the ARGYLE ROAD off ramp to the left.
- At the top of the bridge, turn LEFT into ARGYLE, and continue as above...
If you're lost, get to a landmark such as the MUSGRAVE CENTRE, and we're a stone's throw from there.Latitude: