Acorn Bed & Breakfast in Durban
From your own private garden (and secure double lock-up garaging), through to the stylish Colonial-safari décor of the accommodation, everything is catered for, including...
- 6 en-suite rooms with air-cons, TV's, radio's and ceiling fans.
- Full time housekeeper.
- Private Kitchen.
- Little private office with 24 hour free wifi via fibre optic line and PC with spreadsheet and word-processing packages.
- Audio systems.
- Small library.
- Laundry service.
- Beach Equipment: Umbrellas, towels, etc.
All linen is of the highest international standards, from the guest bathrobes through to the 100% cotton percale linen on the beds.
Attention to detail, such as "Sherry trays" in the rooms at night, to the turned down beds with "goodnight" stories... make a stay an experience.
Our Great Outdoors.
In the private manicured B&B gardens include a thatched lapa... just to relax under with a drink or a good book, and there is a secluded braai and dining area with Weber, should you want to eat "under the stars".
The sparkling pool is set amongst tropical palms, and is totally private should you wish to just lie around relaxing, or have a quick dip after work.
For corporates, we have all modern amenities including free wifi via fibre optic line, private gardens for functions, skype, fax, computers, as well as a private kitchen for on-site catering.
The guesthouse is in close proximity to the "hustle and bustle" of all the restaurants and clubs on Florida Road and the Musgrave center, and the Absa Stadium and beaches are a mere 5 minutes drive away.
We can organize day trips to game reserves, as well as golf games or water sports... to name but a few.
So... you just bring yourselves, settle in, and get right down to the business of feeling at home.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- AA Superior Accommodation
- National Accommodation Association
- air conditioner (some units)
- airport (less than 15km)
- airport transfers
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- DSTV in communal area
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- kitchen communal
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- laundry facilities onsite
- lock-up garage
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- parking off-site
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tumble dryer in unit
- washing machine in unit
S 29 Degrees 50.261
E 31 Degrees 00.392
From the airport:
- Take signs for Durban out of airport.
- Get onto N2 heading North (Signs for "North Coast/Pietermaritzburg").
- At N3 interchange (Spaghetti Junction), glide off to the left, and stay in the right lane, as the Durban fork glides off to the right.
- Take the Tollgate or Berea exits onto Berea Road North.
- Continue to ESSENWOOD ROAD. then turn LEFT into Essenwood (It's a one-way now).
- At the 3rd large intersection, Turn RIGHT down the hill on MARRIOTT ROAD.
- Go over Musgrave, and your first right after Musgrave is WOLFENDEN GROVE.
- We're at #3 (Big "Acorn B&B" sign outside).
From North Coast:
- Head South on the N2.
- Glide off left (then left again) at the N3 interchange.
- Take the Berea/Tollgate glide off ... and continue as above.
- On the Coastal Road, heading South.
- You will pass the large Sun Coast Casino on the Left.
- At the next large intersection (ARGYLE ROAD), turn RIGHT.
- Continue to COWEY ROAD (6th set of lights).
- Turn LEFT into Cowey.
- At 2nd set of lights (MARRIOTT ROAD) turn RIGHT up steep hill.
- Go OVER CURRIE, and WOLFENDEN is the second little road on the left after Currie.
From City Centre:
- Get onto STANGER STREET out of the city (heading North).
- (Stanger Street is perpendicular to West and Smith which run the length of the city center.
- Take the ARGYLE ROAD off ramp to the left.
- At the top of the bridge, turn LEFT into ARGYLE, and continue as above...
Tip: If you're lost, get to a landmark such as the MUSGRAVE CENTRE, and we're a stone's throw from there.