Zeranka Lodge Self Catering
The lodge will be closed until 1 November.
WE UNFORTUNATELY DO NOT ACCEPT BOOKINGS FOR CHILDREN UNDER 12 YEARS OF AGE.
Zeranka Lodge is set in a peaceful and tranquil setting in Umhlanga, close to the main access roads, 20 minutes from Durban International airport and 10 minutes from Durban city central.
The warm Indian Ocean and soft white beaches of Lower La Lucia is only 30 meters away with access through the garden gate.
10 minutes away from the ICC. 5 minutes away from the Gateway Entertainment and Shopping Centre, the second largest in the Southern Hemisphere. Shops, restaurants, cinemas, theatres, IMAX, climbing wall, Ice Rink, wave pool, squash courts, aerobics and much more ....
Zeranka Lodge is an accredited member of:
Fedhasa Federal Hospitality Association of South Africa. National Accommodation Association of South Africa KwaZulu-Natal Bed and Breakfast Association Sugar Coast Tourism
- Luxurious and comfortable accommodation with a variety of options to our guests.
- Self catering units with fully equipped kitchenettes.
- All rooms have individual private entrances.
- Tea / coffee making facilities in each room.
- Alarm / clock radio in all rooms.
- TV with DSTV in rooms.
- Ceiling fans in each room.
- All our rooms are now fully airconditioned
- Braai facilities.
- Laundry facilities.
- WIRELESS Internet.
- Fax / E-mail facilities.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Airport shuttle on request.
- Swimming pool.
- Private access to the beach.
- Secure enclosed parking.
- Walking distance from La Lucia Mall.
Zeranka Lodge provides a restful atmosphere - here you can enjoy a sun-bed around the pool and lovely gardens where you can sit and enjoy those warm South African evenings and eat the results of your braai for which facilities are provided. We are in close proximity to a range of tourist attractions and a great selection of restaurants and pubs. Umhlanga is known internationally as the holiday Mecca of KwaZulu-Natal with magnificent beaches, game parks within easy reach by car. The beautiful Drakensberg, Zulu dancing and the Valley of 1000 Hills are all in close proximity to Umhlanga.
Gateway Entertainment and Shopping Centre (2nd largest in the World and biggest in the Southern Hemisphere), with shops, restaurants, cinemas, theatres, IMAX, climbing wall, skate park, wave pool, putt putt, squash, aerobics and much more, just 5 minutes away.
The casino is nearby as well as a popular theatre for some of the country's best performances. Game park safaris are within driving distance with the chance of spotting Africa's Big Five. There are numerous sporting facilities available in the area: play golf at one of the world's top 100 golf courses at the Durban Country Club, take a boat trip to see the dolphins catching the waves, maybe catch a view of the Hump Back Whale, deep sea diving off the Aliwal Shoal to view the numerous fish or take a trip to catch one of the numerous game fish off the coast.
As a holiday destination Durban offers numerous events all year round. There is always something different to offer the tourist.See our Zeranka Lodge - Bed & Breakfast option.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- National Accommodation Association
- airport transfers
- babysitting service
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- kitchenette only
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- shark cage diving (less than 10km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- Take M4 North - UMHLANGA/STANGER.
- Proceed over the Umgeni River and pass Virginia Airport.
- Take The next off ramp (GLENASHLEY).
- NB: As you take the off ramp the road splits in TWO, take the split to the right. At the stop street turn RIGHT (INCA RD).
- Go underneath the bridge-under M4 towards the sea.
- T-Junction LEFT into YPSLANTI AVE.
- Over a speed bump then a stop street, turn right into ANN ARBOR.
- At the T-Junction the sea will be directly in front of you, turn left into FOREST DRIVE.
- We are the second road to your right no 12 COWRIE TERRACE.
FROM N2 DBN INTL AIRPORT OR N3 JHB
- Travel along the N2 North - STANGER.
- Take the Phoenix/Mt Edgecombe/Umhlanga (m41) off ramp turn right.
- Remain on the M41, passed Gateway Shopping Centre, Millenium Bridge.
- M41 will automatically feed you onto the M4 South - Durban.
- Once on the M4 take the next off ramp, Forest Drive - La Lucia Mall.
- Once through the bend follow the road towards that curves towards the Melkhoutoord Drive. (block of apartments on your left - SARATOGA).
- At the traffice Circle turn RIGHT into Forest Drive.
- Proceed for approx 1 KM. We are the 3rd turn to your left. NO 12 Cowrie Terrace.