Zeranka Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Zeranka Lodge is set in a peaceful and tranquil setting in Umhlanga, close to the main access roads, 20 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from the city centre of Durban.
Luxurious and comfortable accommodation with a variety of options to our guests. English / continental breakfast served in the dining area. Should you require any special dietary requirements, please let us know on booking, as we can cater for your needs.
- Bed & Breakfast rooms.
- Tea / coffee making facilities are available in each room.
- Airport shuttles on request.
- WIRELESS Internet.
- Fax and e-mail facilities are available at reception.
- Alarm / clock radio in all rooms.
- Swimming pool.
- Private access to the beach.
- Secure off-street parking.
- En-suite bathrooms.
- Laundry facilities.
- Ceiling fans.
- All our rooms are now fully airconditioned
- Braai facilities.
- TV with DSTV in rooms.
- Walking distance from La Lucia Mall.
- Delivery foods.
- All rooms have individual private entrances
Zeranka Lodge provides a restful atmosphere - here you can enjoy a sun-bed around the pool and lovely gardens where you can sit and enjoy those warm South African evenings and eat the results of your braai for which facilities are provided. Credit card facilities. Organizing tours. Organizing car hire. We are in close proximity to the beach (less than 50m), as well as a range of tourist attractions and a great selection of restaurants and pubs.
Umhlanga is known internationally as the holiday Mecca of KwaZulu-Natal with magnificent beaches, game parks within easy reach by car. The beautiful Drakensberg, Zulu dancing and the Valley of 1000 Hills are all in close proximity to Umhlanga.
Gateway Entertainment and Shopping Centre (2nd largest in the World and biggest in the Southern Hemisphere), with shops, restaurants, cinemas, theatres, IMAX, climbing wall, skate park, wave pool, putt putt, squash, aerobics and much more, just 5 minutes away.
The casino is nearby as well as a popular theatre for some of the country's best performances. Game park safaris are within driving distance with the chance of spotting Africa's Big Five. There are numerous sporting facilities available in the area: play golf at one of the world's top 100 golf courses at the Durban Country Club, take a boat trip to see the dolphins catching the waves, maybe catch a view of the Hump Back Whale, deep sea diving off the Aliwal Shoal to view the numerous fish or take a trip to catch one of the numerous game fish off the coast.
Durban being a holiday resort has numerous events at various times of the year and always has something different to offer the tourist.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- B&B Network South Coast
- National Accommodation Association
- Tourism Grading - 4 Stars
- airport (less than 15km)
- airport transfers
- babysitting service
- big game (less than 30km)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- car hire (less than 20km)
- casino (less than 10km)
- DSTV in room
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- fishing (less than 3km)
- game drives (less than 30km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- kitchenette only
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- live entertainment (less than 3km)
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave in unit
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- private entrance
- reptile park (less than 20km)
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- sailing rentals (less than 5km)
- sauna/steam room (less than 3km)
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- shark cage diving (less than 10km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tennis court (less than 5km)
- water skiing (less than 10km)
- wi-fi / hotspot
- Take M4 North - UMHLANGA/STANGER.
- Proceed over the Umgeni River and pass Virginia Airport.
- Take The next off ramp (GLENASHLEY).
- NB: As you take the off ramp the road splits in TWO, take the split to the right. At the stop street turn RIGHT (INCA RD).
- Go underneath the bridge-under M4 towards the sea.
- T-Junction LEFT into YPSLANTI AVE.
- Over a speed bump then a stop street, turn right into ANN ARBOR.
- At the T-Junction the sea will be directly in front of you, turn left into FOREST DRIVE.
- We are the second road to your right no 12 COWRIE TERRACE.
FROM N2 DBN INTL AIRPORT OR N3 JHB
- Travel along the N2 North - STANGER.
- Take the Phoenix/Mt Edgecombe/Umhlanga (m41) off ramp turn right.
- Remain on the M41, passed Gateway Shopping Centre, Millenium Bridge.
- M41 will automatically feed you onto the M4 South - Durban.
- Once on the M4 take the next off ramp, Forest Drive - La Lucia Mall.
- Once through the bend follow the road towards that curves towards the Melkhoutoord Drive. (block of apartments on your left - SARATOGA).
- At the traffice Circle turn RIGHT into Forest Drive.
- Proceed for approx 1 KM. We are the 3rd turn to your left. NO 12 Cowrie Terrace.