ABOUT THE AREA
Almost halfway between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth on the internationally renowned Garden Route and nestled between mountains and golden beaches, you will find one of South Africa's most enchanting coastal destinations, the seaside village of Wilderness. Wilderness is only 25 kilometres from the well-served George Airport, gateway to the Garden Route. With its spellbinding beauty and endless beaches, it is one of the most sought-after holiday destinations in South Africa.
Idyllically situated between mountains and beaches, with a chain of tranquil lakes locked-in between, Wilderness' surroundings are breathtakingly beautiful. Together with its rivers and lakes, surrounding lush forests and 18 kilometres of coastline, Wilderness forms part of the Garden Route National Park.
THE GUEST HOUSE
Wilderness Manor is an elegant and refined guest house overlooking the Wilderness Lagoon, in the scenic village of Wilderness. Step out of the front door and cross the road onto the boardwalk for an easy and safe stroll to golden beaches, restaurants and village shops.
Owners Gerald and JD provide upmarket, luxury accommodation and personal, but discreet service in a refined environment. Guests find Wilderness Manor a tranquil base from which to explore the idyllic surroundings of the lakes area and Garden Route towns like Knysna, Plettenberg Bay and Mossel Bay, as well as Oudtshoorn in the Klein Karoo. A three or four night stay is ideal to explore the Garden Route.
Wilderness Manor is luxuriously decorated in an African colonial style with fine oriental rugs, heirlooms, antiques, art and collectables which contribute to a refined and stylish ambience. Relax in the spacious Guest Lounge or Reading Lounge with superb views from the balconies overlooking the lagoon.
Retire to the serenity of four stylish en-suite bedrooms: three luxury and spacious Lagoon Facing Rooms on the second floor with breathtaking views of the lagoon and one Garden Room on the ground floor with a private garden and patio.
Each bedroom at Wilderness Manor offers:
- Quiet nights with birdsong in the mornings
- En-suite bathroom with a separate bath & shower, double hand basins and heated towel rails
- White percale bed linen, towels and bathrobes
- 32" LCD TV, including selected satellite channels
- In-room safe
- Ceiling fan / heater
- Bar fridge
- Tea / coffee tray
Look forward to our Continental buffet and English breakfast served in our breakfast room, opening onto a sunny patio overlooking the indigenous forest where the Knysna Loerie often comes to feed...
ACTIVITIES & ATTRACTIONS
Whether you are passionate about water sports, hiking, extreme adventure or animal encounters, the Garden Route and Klein Karoo has something for you.
Explore the Wilderness area by:
- Walking on endless beaches
- Hiking through breathtaking natural forests
- Canoeing up the winding Touw River
- Mountain biking on little byroads and exploring the area
- Driving through scenic mountain passes to the Karoo (a day trip)
- Playing golf at excellent golf courses, all within an hour’s drive from Wilderness
- Taking a leisurely ride on the Outeniqua Power Van up into the mountains
- Enjoy watching dolphins and whales frolicking in the ocean
- Relaxing and sunning oneself on the beautiful Wilderness beaches
(Umbrellas and beach towels available)
Wilderness Manor is not suitable for infants and children younger than 12 years of age.
Portfolio rating: Luxury
From Cape Town, George and George Airport:
- After travelling
through the Kaaimans pass between George and Wilderness, exit the N2 by turning
left into the village of Wilderness at the Caltex petrol station in George Road
(about 15km east of George). This is the first Caltex petrol station on the N2
after exiting the Kaaimans pass and entering Wilderness.
- Follow the
road through the village for approximately 400 metres until the traffic circle
(roundabout) at the T-junction. The Wilderness Hotel will be on the left hand
- Drive around the traffic circle (roundabout) and exit to the
right into Waterside Road.
Proceed along the lagoon for 1km (the lagoon will
be on the right hand side).
Wilderness Manor is a three storey house on the
left hand side, 397 Waterside Road.
From Port Elizabeth and Knysna:
- After crossing the Touw River Bridge and Wilderness Lagoon, exit the N2 by
turning right into the village of Wilderness at the Caltex petrol station in
George Road (about 45km west of Knysna).
This is the second Caltex petrol
station on the N2 after entering Wilderness.
- Follow the road through
the village for approximately 400 metres until the traffic circle (roundabout)
at the T-junction. The Wilderness Hotel will be on the left hand side.
Drive around the traffic circle (roundabout) and exit to the right into
Proceed along the lagoon for 1km (the lagoon will be on the
right hand side).
Wilderness Manor is a three storey house on the left hand
side, 397 Waterside Road.
Wilderness Manor is 20 – 25 minutes from George
- 15+ days prior to arrival date: No cancellation fee
- 8 – 14 days prior to arrival date: 40% of the total cost of accommodation +10% administration fee
- 7 days or less prior to arrival date: 90% of the total cost of accommodation +10% administration fee
- No show or early departure: 90% of the total cost of accommodation +10% administration fee
- An administration fee of 10% will be levied on all refunds to cover banking and handling charges
Arrival & Departure Times
Check-in time: 14:00 - 18:00.
Check-out time: 10:30.
Please advise Wilderness Manor Guest House of your estimated time of arrival.
Early or late check-in may be arranged.
Terms Of Payment
A deposit of 50% is required as confirmation of the booking.
The full balance is payable on arrival.
Full payment may be deposited prior to arrival, if preferred.
No cheques accepted.
Credit Card facilities available for VISA / MasterCard / Amex.
- Rates are per person sharing per night on a Bed and Breakfast basis
- Single rates + 100% (Peak Season)
- Single rates + 50% (High & Low Seasons)
- Corporate rates available for our corporate guests
- Rates are subject to change without further notice
- Rates are quoted in South African Rand
- Wilderness Manor does not offer self-catering facilities
- Peak / High Season – 2 nights
- Easter Weekend – 3 nights
- Wilderness Manor is not suitable for infants and children under 12 years of age
- Children 12 years of age and older are welcome
- Children 12 years of age and older are charged as adults
- Children 12 years of age and older are to occupy their own room
- We are unable to accommodate a child / 3rd person sharing with 2 adults per room
- Maximum occupancy per room is 2 guests
- Infants and children under 12 years of age are not permitted
- Smoking is not permitted in the guest rooms or public areas
- The guest rooms and public areas are non-smoking areas
- Smoking is permitted outside in the demarcated areas
- We regret that pets are not permitted.