Nestled in the heart of prestigious Umhlanga Rocks, the Lazy Lizard Guesthouse offers private, up market accommodation for both the holiday maker and the discerning business executive. Our accommodation consists of two comfortable, one- roomed cottages which are set apart from the main house - each has its own entrance, shower-en-suite, aircon, TV, kitchenette and sliding doors opening onto a secluded patio with a built in braai. We provide all towels, linen, hairdryers, tea/coffee, secure off street parking as well as a shopping service for our guests. Our units are serviced daily (except for weekends and public holidays). Guests have the choice of self catering or a continental breakfast served in the privacy of their room.
The Lazy Lizard is very conveniently situated with easy access to the local beaches, shopping malls and many other attractions. We are less than 2 km from the promenade and the main swimming beach, the vibrant Umhlanga Village which offers a variety of restaurants, pubs and shops, and Gateway Theatre of Shopping - the largest shopping centre in the southern hemisphere. There are many other attractions in close proximity.
Umhlanga, Kwa Zulu Natal, with it's all year round mild weather and wide variety of things to do, is a popular holiday destination for both local and international travelers and offers something for everyone.
A relaxing, pleasant break awaits you at the Lazy Lizard - we look forward to welcoming you!
- Private entrance
- Double bed
- Secure off-street parking
- Patio with built in braai facilities
- Shower -en- suite
- Serviced daily (except public holidays/weekends)
- Fully fitted granite kitchenette (including fridge, microwave, 2 plate stove)
- Self catering/continental breakfast
- Shopping service
The Lazy Lizard is very conveniently positioned -
- 2 km from the main bathing beach and the vibrant Umhlanga Village which offers a variety of restaurants and shops.
- 2 minutes away from Gateway ( the largest shopping Centre in the Southern Hemisphere)
- 15 minutes from Durban CBD, the International Conference Centre and the new King Shaka International Airport
- 10 minutes from several world class golf courses
Some Activities on offer in Umhlanga
- Whale watching
- Dolphin viewing
- Deep Sea fishing
- Snorkeling and scuba diving
- Sibaya and Sun Coast Casino
- Natal Sharks Board
- Horse riding - including beach rides
- World renowned golf courses
- Gateway Shopping Centre - the largest shopping centre in the Southern hemisphere - includes Imax, cinemas, rock climbing, go kart track, wavehouse, games arcade
Places of interest further afield
- Nature Reserves & Hiking Trails
- Tours & Safaris
- Midlands Meander Route (includes cheese tasting, crafts, Zulu culture)
- PheZulu (Zulu Dancing & Huts)
- uShaka Marine World (Aquariums)
- Zoo & Animal Parks (Crocodile & Bird)
- Botanical Gardens
- Museums & Art Galleries
- Animal farms
- Hluhluwe and Umfolozi Game reserves