St. Bernard's Peak Mountain Lodge
Escape the bright city bustle ... and head for the tranquility of the
mountains. Whether you enjoy trout fishing, hiking, bird watching, horse riding
or just relaxing next to the pool, this is your ideal family get away.
St Bernard's Peak is situated in the Southern Drakensberg below the Seshlabatebe National Park. The resort is surrounded by majestic mountain peaks.
You can expect comfortable accommodation, child-friendly surroundings and stunning mountain views.
Come and experience our friendly hospitality and spend evenings relaxing in front of the fireplace in our fully licensed bar.
Accommodation is offered in picturesque self-standing thatched chalets set in tranquil gardens under age-old Oak trees. A shared dinning room in the principal
building offers three good farmhouse meals. There are 15 stand-alone thatched chalets. These are cosy and are set in the tranquil gardens of the lodge.
They range from single roomed rondavel-type sleeping two persons to two story, three bed-room chalets with own bathroom and fire place.
Camp site and caravan facilities are also available.
The amenities include:
Fully licensed Bar
Tennis, Table tennis, Croquet, Volley-ball, Putt-putt, Pool table, Darts
70km south of Underberg
200km From Pietermaritzberg
200km From Port Shepstone
280km from Durban
680km from Gauteng
- babysitting service
- DSTV in communal area
- fishing onsite
- horse riding onsite
- hunting (less than 30km)
- kitchen communal
- lake onsite
- laundry facilities onsite
- nature trail onsite
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- restaurant onsite
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tennis court onsite
GPS: Longitude 29' 06,5 Min East
GPS: Latitude 30' 03,4 Min South
- From Johannesburg or Durban on the N3, take the Howick South/Underberg (EXIT 99) turn-off and proceed 70km to Bulwer and 40km to Underberg on the R617.
- Pass through Underberg remaining on the R617 towards Swartberg for 58km.
- Turn right onto the R609 and drive for 20km along the dirt road.
- Turn right at the fork and travel for 6km until you reach the hotel.