Sophia Dale Base Camp
Our camp is located on the West coast of Namibia just 12 km from the popular coastal region of Swakopmund and right in the lush area of the Swakop River.
Our home-made sausage specialities have become one of the region’s most prominent insider tips! We also offer meat stuff vacuum packed.
What can you expect at Sophia Dale?
- An inviting and familiar atmosphere located in an oasis along the Swakop River
- Authentic local accommodations like our rondavels with integrated kitchenette
- Guest rooms decorated in authentic African styles
- A healthy start to your day with a traditional German breakfast and fresh rolls
- Camping: Our campsite offers a wide array of locations including sites for tenting or for your mobile home. And with each site surrounded by lush bushes and trees, you’ll feel like you’re in your very own garden! We also offer tent shelters to protect your vehicle from the sun.
- A wide range of supplies for your continued journey with items ranging from firewood, meat, sweets, ice & souveniers
- Our restaurant & beer garden is open for our guests. We offer local and international cuisine. Also breakfast on request!
- Furthermore, you can enjoy our home-made sausage specialties or meat that’s grilled on site to either eat right away or vacuuum-packed to enjoy on the go.
Mild and dry by the seaside!
Our Sophia Dale Rest Camp is located 12 km inland from Swakopmund. A sign on the side of the road will lead you from the B2 to the "SWAKOP RIVER PLOTS" after 800m we are on the right hand site.
WE'RE LOCATED OUTSIDE THE FOG ZONE!
Despite the Atlantic being just a short distance away, temperatures at the camp are milder and drier than directly on the coast. The fog banks that tend to build up around Swakopmund, particularly in the winter season (May to October), either dissipate much sooner at the camp or don’t affect us at all - making outdoor camping a much more enjoyable experience.
Lodging and quarters at Sophia Dale Base Camp
We offer camping sites and parking spots for caravans. Our camping sites are safe and with a lot of space located behind our farm with a view into the moon landscape. Big trees and sun roofs offer shade and protection from the wind in the wintertime.
We pay much attention of the sanitary facilities being clean. Moreover, some places are equipped with electricity and lights.
- Saccurad sanitary facilities
- fireplaces on every campsite
- electricity 220V (3 point)
- hot water
Self-catering Units: 2 - 4 person
- Rondavel with two bedrooms and common room
- Separate bathroom for each bedroom (toilet, shower)
- Kitchen for self-catering with full equipment (no liquid)
- Big barbecue site
- Park area in front of the bungalow
S 22° 38' 30,2"
E 14° 38' 10,6"
- Languages Spoken At Establishment