Shamrock Arms Guest Lodge
Enjoy the warm embrace of the Shamrock Arms Guest Lodge, which offers good
value, tranquil surroundings and wholesome food.
Shamrock Arms was a finalist in the lodge category of the 2010 South African Tourism Welcome Awards, which means that it's considered to be of the cream of the crop in the tourism industry - always hospitable, always professional and always passionate about delivering service excellence.
You'll find the lodge in the picturesque and historic village of Waterval Boven in Mpumalanga Province. It is authentically Victorian and comfortably modern and traces its history back to 1894.
Because the guest lodge is only a 2-and-half hour drive from Johannesburg it's an ideal stopover for the business and leisure traveller on route to the Kruger National Park, Swaziland or Mozambique.
Shamrock Arms is also the perfect base from which to explore many places of interest and scenic beauty in Mpumalanga. Your host Terry, an accredited and registered tourist guide, can offer guidance on any tourist related matters.
On offer are superbly furnished rooms with their own entrances and an en-suite bath or shower, DSTV with decoder, air-conditioning (hot & cold), electric blanket (optional in winter), courtesy bar, tea / coffee facility, and an electronic safe. King, Queen or Twin beds are available, as is WiFi at no charge.
A wholesome home-cooked meal for dinner is available on request; unwind in our cosy pub with a good selection of South African wines.
A sincere and friendly welcome awaits you at the Shamrock Arms.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- Listed with Tourism South Africa
- Member of TripAdvisor
- National Accommodation Association
- SABS Tourism - 4 Crystals
- Tourism Grading - 4 Stars
- air conditioner (all units)
- bar fridge
- bar/cocktail lounge
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- DSTV in communal area
- DSTV in room
- electronic safe
- fishing (less than 3km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- laundry facilities onsite
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- parking all onsite
- private entrance
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- restaurant onsite
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in communal area
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine onsite
- wi-fi / hotspot