Ridge Rd Country House
Create your own "Year in Provence" in this beautiful stone French style farmhouse with natural rock pool. It has featured in Elle Decor, Country Life and many more. Sleeps 12 very comfortably. Every window frames a magnificent view.
Ridge Road is 9 kilometers from Clarens on the newly tarred Fouriesburg Rd- R711. It is perched on a sandstone ridge overlooking a stream and small dam, surrounded by 28 hectares of indigenous grassland and mountain views. The multi level stone and Oregon pine house designed by artists Simon Addy & Lyn Hoyle is tucked behind a sandstone outcrop and not visible from the main tar road. The driveway to the house is only 500m.
There are 6 bedrooms - 2 luxury en suite with king size beds, 1 luxury en suite with either a king size beds or 2 singles, 1 luxury en suite with queen size bed and 2 large rooms sharing a bathroom. These 2 rooms are flexible & can be either 2 single beds or a king. All have crisp white 100% cotton percale linen, fluffy white towels, electric blankets and wall heaters. The open plan downstairs incorporates the kitchen with AGA and under floor heating, TV lounge, reading Lounge, entrance hall and studio.
Due to the multi levels and natural rock pool we regret Ridge Road is not recommended for small children and frail adults. Babies and children over the age of 6 are accommodated.
- Room 1 - En suite - king or 2 singles (shower) plus underfloor heating
- Room 2 - En suite - king (shower) plus separate entrance
- Room 3 - En suite - king (slipper bath)
- Room 4 - two singles or king (shared shower)
- Room 5 - two singles or king (shared shower)
- Room 6 - En suite - king (shower, steam & spa bath) plus fireplace and separate entrance
Ridge Road Features:
- Dam with covered brick shelter and braai area
- Secluded natural stone swimming pool with balau decks
- Covered patio braai area
- Under floor heating & AGA stove in fully equipped kitchen
- Double lock-up garage and parking on site
- Sunny reading lounge
- TV lounge with DSTV bouquet (sports & movies)
- DVD player
- Private entrances to 2 of the rooms
- Spring water on tap
- Tea/coffee in every room
- DSTV in communal area
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- sauna/steam room onsite
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine onsite
GPS Co-ords: 28°35'07.8"S ; 28°24'06.3"E