The house is scenically placed next to the Haenertsburg Trout Association's trophy dam with great views over the dam and indigenous forest.
Fly-fishing is permitted with barbless flies; fishing is on a catch and release basis only.
The house is fully equipped for self catering; just bring your food, drinks and toiletries. Enough fire wood for the fireplaces is provided as well as charcoal for the braai.
The house accommodates 6 adults and 2 children. There are 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms: The main bedroom is en suite and sleeps 2 adults and 2 young children. The other two bedrooms are downstairs, on the other side of the house and share a bathroom, and they sleep two adults each.
A DSTV decoder is available- please bring your own card.
No smoking permitted in the house.
What to do in the area?
- There are numerous hiking trails in the area.
- Visit the local cheese farm,
- walk through the small mountain village, Haenertsburg or
- enjoy tea at the Magoebaskloof hotel or
- Pekoe View with their spectacular views.
- There is an abundance of birdlife in the indigenous forest of Magoebaskloof.
- Guided fly fishing trips around the kloof can be booked.
What to do if it rains?
- Lie in front of the fireplace and enjoy it!
- Play games or read a book.
- Drive down the mountain to the Big Boabab Tree and Modjadji Cycad Forest.
- Visit the Agatha Crocodile Farm or have tea and nougat at the Coach House!
- The Kruger National Park is only 90 minutes from here!
How to get there:
Take the N1 from Pretoria to Polokwane. Just before Polokwane take the bypass road to Tzaneen, pass Haenertsburg and keep straight to Magoebaskloof (R71 road). About 800m after you have passed the Magoebaskloof hotel on the right, turn left at the A39 and Pavetta sign (the road widens to allow for traffic to pass you at this turn off). It is a cement road that leads up to a gate that you will pass. The entrance to Pavetta is at the third gate on your right hand side. (There is a HTA and Pavetta sign next to the gate). It is 3 hours drive from Pretoria. (GPS Latitude 23.8764 S Longitude 29.989 E)