Moon Mountain Lodge
Moon Mountain Lodge is an ultra-luxury tented lodge ideally located at the foot of the Naukluft Mountains. Large, airy rooms offer all the comforts of a luxury hotel suite with infinite views from your bed or private splash pool. The lodge is situated 56km from Sesriem - the gateway to Sossusvlei, home to the world’s highest dunes and close to the quaint little village of Solitaire.
Moon Mountain Lodge offers 17 accommodation units each with a private plunge pool. Rooms offer spectacular views of the adjacent mountain ranges or desert landscape. In addition, each unit is individually decorated. The Executive Suites feature detached private bathrooms. Bathrooms include separate deep soaking bathtubs and handled showers with rainfall shower heads. The double sinks allow for ample space, as an added convenience, bathrobes are provided.
Our fully-licensed Cosmos Bar serves drinks throughout the day and is adjacent to a large deck overlooking the desert plains and Petrified dunes in the distance.
Housekeeping and laundry is offered daily. Our Nebula Restaurant specialises in local cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks. Alfresco dining is possible on the outside deck (weather permitting).
- 11 Tented Luxury Units
- 6 Tented Executive Suites (3 of which can be converted into Family Suites. Two children can share with two adults.)
- 4 Tented Pilot and guide rooms (Children old enough can also be accommodated in the standard rooms)
- All units are non-smoking
Accommodation for children between 6 to 12 years (Maximum 2) sharing a bedroom with two adults, stay at 50% discount (subject to availability). Children under the age of 6 years stay and eat for free.
- Electricity is available 24/7
- Free parking and transfer access to the lodge is offered to guests who don’t have a 4x4 vehicle
- Coffee, tea and cake are served every afternoon in the main area
- A safe is available at Reception for guests' valuables
- A flat screen TV offers you the chance to catch up on news or sports matches
- This lounge can also be used for small conferences for up to 17 people
- Free Wi-Fi is available in the main area
- Cell phone reception is available in all the rooms and the main area
- A laundry service is available at a nominal charge
Our friendly staff are locally trained Namibian citizens. Their passion is to serve and to ensure guests have a memorable stay at Moon Mountain Lodge.
Activities offered at the establishment:
- Mountain Sunset Drives on the property (Incl: vehicle, guide, on board refreshments)
- Hiking Trails on the property are safe to explore without a guide
Mountain Sunset Drive will also depart - 1 hour before sunset
(We have no age restriction on the above activities provided children are accompanied by their parents.)
We have a relatively safe environment and our staff are always willing to assist children around the lodge. We welcome all families.
Lodge Location: GPS Coordinates: Lat -24.101111 Lng 15.976218
Landing strip at Namib Naukluft Lodge:
23º 59’ 74” South 15º 56’ 0” East
Altitude: 3,500 feet
Compacted Sand / Gravel surface
Please ensure you make prior arrangements with our Reservations Office to be collected from the airstrip.
- DSTV in communal area
- laundry facilities onsite
- nature trail onsite
- outdoor splash pool
- parking all onsite
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- restaurant onsite