We believe in providing our guests with a most comfortable and luxurious self-catering experience. In addition to being malaria-free and under the stunning expanse of the South African sky, staying at Mgankla Lodge offers you optimal comfort for an unforgettable getaway and a unique escape from busy city life. It's the perfect opportunity to experience the feeling of having your "own" game farm.
In our two separate, private camps, we offer you a fully equipped, elegantly decorated, self-catering home away from home.
Mgankla Lodge offers activities such as game viewing, bird watching, hiking, mountain biking, swimming pools, TV & DSTV, jungle gym for the little ones, bomas & braais.
Hidden away in the safe and peaceful environment of the North West Province, Mgankla covers 185 hectares of pure African bushveld which is located 11 kilometers North of Brits (Lethlabile), a mere 50 minute drive from Pretoria and 45 minutes from Sandton.
Sun City is located approximately 100km away and nearby attractions in Hartbeespoort such as Aireal Cableway, Hartbeespoort Dam, Elephant Sanctuary, Magalies Canopy Tours, Monkey Sanctuary, Hot Air Balloon Rides are a short 29 kilometers out.
Guests can delight in the view of the relaxing setting and enjoy the peace and quiet. The abundance of birds and wildlife is an experience not to be missed. At Mgankla we have a variety of animals such as Mgankla (Zulu name for Kudu), Nyala, Impala, Blue Wildebeest, Warthog, Eland, Waterbuck, Duiker, our small family of Giraffe and much, much more.
Ideal for group gatherings such as reunions, family get-togethers, anniversaries and birthday celebrations, Mgankla was developed to cater for larger groups in a private, relaxed environment.
- The Nyala Camp is ideal for family getaways, reunions and birthday weekends.
- Easily accommodates up to 14 guests with a private swimming pool, boma & braai area and a jungle gym.
- All Rooms & Cabins are fully equipped with air-cons & fans.
- The Main House consists of two bedrooms down-stairs each with a double-bed and en-suite bathroom, and a full bathroom off the lounge.
- Upstairs is the Main Bedroom with one queen size bed, en-suite bathroom and a spacious loft with two three quarter beds (sleeps 8)
- One Cabin that consists of a double bed and full bathroom. (sleeps 2)
- One Cabin that consists of a double bed and a bunk bed (sleeps 4)
- The cabins are approximately eight meters from the main house.
- This luxurious house accommodates up to 12 guests with a private swimming pool, boma and braai area.
- Ideal for 8 Adults & 4 Children
- Spacious four bedrooms and two full bathrooms.
- Three rooms (sleeps 2) consist of one queen size bed each.
- One room (sleeps 4) consist of one queen size bed and a bunk bed.
- Each room is fully equipped with build-in cupboards, air-con and fans.
- air conditioner (some units)
- big game (less than 30km)
- Bird watching
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- braai/barbeque (some units)
- ceiling fans
- DSTV (premium)
- DSTV in unit
- fishing onsite
- flat screen TV
- fridge in unit
- fridge/ freezer
- game drives onsite
- hunting (less than 30km)
- hunting onsite
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities onsite
- lock-up safe
- microwave in unit
- mountain biking
- nature trail onsite
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- pets allowed by prior arrangement
- private entrance
- private pool
- private pool (some units)
- Serviced on demand
- stove in unit
- television in communal area
- wheelchair friendly