Margate Place Guest House
Margate Place is a stone's throw from the beach and very close to all
Margate Place is an owner-managed establishment and we cater for business executives, tourists and holidaymakers. Children are welcome and we offer a variety of different options for families.
This establishment is one of the oldest and most well known Guest Houses in the area. We have definitely proven our success over the past 20 years. Our high occupancy rate throughout the year is proof of our success. Due to its excellent personal and friendly service, Margate Place was voted the most tourist friendly Guest House in Port Elizabeth.
We are situated in a quiet street, within easy walking distance to popular swimming beaches and very close to a shopping mall and excellent restaurants. The Boardwalk Casino and entertainment complex is within easy walking distance. We are on the main bus route to all major attractions, also close to the Airport, rugby stadium, McArthur Pools, Bayworld, CSIR and the NMMU campuses. For golf enthusiasts the only true links golf course is on our doorstep.
We are approximately one hour's drive from a number of excellent malaria free game reserves, including Addo Elephant Park, Shamwari, Lalibela, Schotia, Amakhala and Kariega.
Each guest unit is individually decorated and has its own private barbeque courtyard, en-suite bathroom, fully equipped kitchenette, hairdryer, iron, telephone, Wi-Fi, TV with DSTV and private entrances.
Our entertainment area offers a swimming pool and cosy pub. We offer safe off-street, lock-up parking.
Margate Place is a non-smoking establishment, although smoking is permitted in the pub as well as in the private courtyard area of each unit.
Services: We offer our guests Bed and Breakfast, a scrumptious buffet breakfast is served in our breakfast room.
All guest units are serviced daily and we also offer a laundry service and fax facility.
Whatever your reason for being in Port Elizabeth - we at Margate Place will do our best to make your visit a memorable one.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- AA Superior Accommodation
- Member of TripAdvisor
- air conditioner (some units)
- airport (less than 15km)
- airport transfers
- aquarium (less than 5km)
- bar fridge
- bar/cocktail lounge
- beach (less than 500m)
- big game (less than 30km)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- casino (less than 10km)
- dolphinarium (less than 5km)
- DSTV in room
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- fishing (less than 3km)
- game drives (less than 30km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- kitchenette only
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- laundry facilities onsite
- live entertainment (less than 3km)
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave in unit
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- pets allowed by prior arrangement
- phone in room
- private entrance
- radio in room
- reptile park (less than 20km)
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- squash court (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in communal area
- tennis court (less than 5km)
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine onsite
- water skiing (less than 10km)
- whale watching (less than 10km)
- wi-fi / hotspot
From the N2: Follow the "Settlers Way" sign and then stay on the M4 all the way to the beachfront. Turn right into 6th Avenue next to the Marine Hotel. We are situated on the first corner to your right.
From the airport: Turn right into "Alister Miller". At the traffic lights, turn right and follow "La Roche" to the beachfront (McDonalds). Turn right into "Marine Drive" and follow the road until you reach the Marine Hotel. Turn right into 6th avenue (immediately after Marine Hotel). We are on the corner of 6th Avenue and Margate Street.