La Mer, (the sea) offers guests the opportunity to stay right on the beach in the peaceful fisherman's village of Paternoster. Fifteen meters from the high-water mark, this ideally situated self-catering lofted apartment offers the best views of breath-taking sunsets and endless beaches. Watch the fishermen going out to sea with their small fishing boats at dawn and returning in the afternoon with the catch of the day. Not to mention the sound and smell of the ocean on your doorstep.
During August/September the landscape burst into colour when it is flower time on the West Coast. Explore the beauty of the nearby Tieties Bay where you will also find the Cape Columbine Lighthouse.
Whales and dolphins are a common sight and the pristine waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
If you don't fancy the idea of preparing your own food, there are numerous well known restaurants in Paternoster that cater for every need.
La Mer can only sleep 2 guests and consists of the following:
- Queen size bed with crisp 100% cotton linen. Extra blankets for chilly nights.
- Bath- and hand towels provided for every guest.
- Full DSTV in bedroom.
- Bathroom area with shower.
- Fan for summer and panel heater for winter.
- Hair dryer on request.
- Small safe.
- Kitchen with gas hob, microwave oven, toaster, kettle and fridge.
- Balcony/living area, with outside braai (barbeque) can be closed with huge stacking windows and doors.
- Guests must be able to manage stairs.
- No card facilities. No smoking inside La Mer. No pets or children allowed. No day visitors allowed.
- beach (absolutely on the beach)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- heaters in unit
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- kitchenette only
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- lock-up safe
- Malaria free
- parking all onsite
- tea / coffee making facilities