La Mer, (the sea) offers guests the opportunity to stay right on the beach in the peaceful fisherman's village of Paternoster. Fifteen meters from the high-water mark, this ideally situated self-catering lofted apartment offers the best views of breath-taking sunsets and endless beaches. Watch the fishermen going out to sea with their small fishing boats at dawn and returning in the afternoon with the catch of the day. Not to mention the sound and smell of the ocean on your doorstep.
During August/September the landscape burst into colour when it is flower time on the West Coast. Explore the beauty of the nearby Tieties Bay where you will also find the Cape Columbine Lighthouse.
Whales and dolphins are a common sight and the pristine waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
If you don't fancy the idea of preparing your own food, there are numerous well known restaurants in Paternoster that cater for every need.
La Mer can only sleep 2 guests and consists of the following:
- Queen size bed with crisp 100% cotton linen. Extra blankets for chilly nights.
- Bath- and hand towels provided for every guest.
- Full DSTV in bedroom.
- Bathroom area with shower.
- Fan for summer and panel heater for winter.
- Hair dryer on request.
- Small safe.
- Kitchen with gas hob, microwave oven, toaster, kettle and fridge.
- Balcony/living area, with outside braai (barbeque) can be closed with huge stacking windows and doors.
- Guests must be able to manage stairs.
- No card facilities. No smoking inside La Mer. No pets or children allowed. No day visitors allowed.
- Host and staff are fully vaccinated -
- In the event of premature departure we will charge for the full original booking.
- Cancellation 0 - 14 days before date of arrival, or no-show visitor forfeits 100% of deposit.
- Cancellation 15 - 28 days before date of arrival visitor forfeits 75% of deposit.
- Cancellation 29+ days before date of arrival visitor forfeits 50% of deposit.
Arrival & Departure Times
Terms Of Payment
50% deposit is payable to secure the booking.
Outstanding balance on arrival or EFT before arrival.
All visitors to La Mer do so at their own risk and the owners cannot be held
responsible for any damage, loss, or injury, to persons or their possessions
You need to bring beach towels, fire-wood, food and drinks.
Please no smoking inside La Mer.
No children/babies allowed.
No day visitors allowed.
No dogs allowed.
No crayfish/lobster or abalone/perlemoen may not be cooked, prepared or
stored on the premises.